Your def of "penis envy"...

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What is YOUR definition of the phrase "penis envy?"

Officially, it's supposed to refer to the subconscious desire of every woman to have a penis (ladies, what do you think about that?).

However, couldn't it also refer to the tendency of some men to look at another man's penis (presumably one that is longer and thicker than their own) with envious thoughts like, "Gosh, I wish I had one like that whopper!" And isn't that what some of you men think when you look at the pictures of several of these super endowed men on this site?

And couldn't that also be why "peeking" at urinals is so common among men--even str8 ones? So, do all men have penis envy to some degree?

I'd be interested in your comments. Thanks! :smile:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In the sense I'd use it, or expect to hear it in, would be that of when a man standing at the urinals with an average or small cock, spots a out of the corner of his eye a whopper hanging out of the pants of the guy next to him and thinks "damnit, I wish mine was that size....".

Men are competative by nature, our competition is part of trying to ensure our genes survive (and thats why we are so competative - it works!), and what better to compete over than symbols of masculanity. And then what better symbol of masculanity than a great big cock?

Penis envy is (in my mind and in this sense) explainable as a bi-product of our competative nature; we want to compete to prove ourselves to potential mates. One of the most powerfull things to compete over is how masculine you are, one of the biggest signs is a huge cock.

Penis envy in Freuds sense is more than a bit crap and I doubt that any modern Psychologist upholds it.

Fireballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mine is pretty big,
but part of my brain wishes
I had twelve inches.

Ought to know better.
What the freaking hell could I
do with one that size?

Yet, subconsciously,
even thought I know better,
I'd like it bigger.

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
for me... penis envy is something that drove me completely insane until the nicest gay guy i ever slept with was kind enough to point out i was "not small".
it started at around 6 years old when my friend seth showed me his amazing boner.. which dwarfed my soft little bump. i became obsessed with the fact that my dick was so tiny i would never have sex.. women would point and laugh if they ever saw it.. so i gave up on even trying with them.. in my later pre-teen mind i thought another guy would be able to understand.. he wouldnt ridicule me that way.. i thought about how great it would be to have a large penis.. eventually i started obsessing about the whole man.. the man i wasnt.. i wanted a man.. i wanted to be a man... never realizing i already was one...
till, as i said, around my 23 year.. when a nice gay guy pointed out i wasnt tiny at all... then.. suddenly.. i realized i had been living the shittiest life possible because of a delusion...

great... yeah... penis envy sucks.... and now i have an exhibitionist best friend with a 8 incher... lol...

lately ive gotten into the habit of stopping myself and thinking.. no.. wait... a girl would love it.. who cares about guys?

what a ridiculous life ive been living...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very similar experience to notsmallmatt except I never slept with a man.
Also nobody ever told me it was okay either. You are luck to have gotten over this at age 23. I am still trying to get over it at 45...and yeah, this kind of thing definately sucks.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Ah Freud, what a man. Do I agree, most usually. I would much rather have a penis than deal with the pearls of being a women. Do I think that everyone has it.. no. But Freud offers an interesting view on things.

amado

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Very well spoken!
Yes that it!

I had and have penis envy since I knew I am small, much smaller than average.
Girls told me so and buddies too.
I always wanted to have a bigger one.
And I always envy bigger men.
It is competition and a sign of masculanity.
There others as well but penis size one of the most
important.
I was dumped by girls because of my size and always one to laught at in locker - especially by younger men.
Thats a fact and what is good - I learned to live with it!

In the sense I'd use it, or expect to hear it in, would be that of when a man standing at the urinals with an average or small cock, spots a out of the corner of his eye a whopper hanging out of the pants of the guy next to him and thinks "damnit, I wish mine was that size....".

Men are competative by nature, our competition is part of trying to ensure our genes survive (and thats why we are so competative - it works!), and what better to compete over than symbols of masculanity. And then what better symbol of masculanity than a great big cock?

Penis envy is (in my mind and in this sense) explainable as a bi-product of our competative nature; we want to compete to prove ourselves to potential mates. One of the most powerfull things to compete over is how masculine you are, one of the biggest signs is a huge cock.

Penis envy in Freuds sense is more than a bit crap and I doubt that any modern Psychologist upholds it.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very well spoken!
Yes that it!

I had and have penis envy since I knew I am small, much smaller than average.
Girls told me so and buddies too.
I always wanted to have a bigger one.
And I always envy bigger men.
It is competition and a sign of masculanity.
There others as well but penis size one of the most
important.
I was dumped by girls because of my size and always one to laught at in locker - especially by younger men.
Thats a fact and what is good - I learned to live with it!

Glad you learned to live with it. I am still trying at the age of 45. How did you manage to overcome that?

vindicari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
crotch watching goes back to our primal instincts to reproduce, only the biggest and strongest won the female. our modern society imposes restrictions on our need or willingness to fight to breed but we still have the instinct to compare ourselves and preen. observe wild animals (lions , elephants, bulls etc) two males wil fight like hell to win the female whilst she calmy carries on eating for she neither knows nor cares who wins, all she knows is whatever happens she gonna get fucked

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My definition of penis envy is the freudian, just because I have study that theory, so...

If any man feels envy for anothers man penis then it's not penis envy: it's larger penis envy, or smaller penis envy.

That's all.

BTW, I don't agree with Freud, oral and anal are good in explaining the birth of the law, but falic and genitallia are failures, specially penis envy and castration complex.

smokeylink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know where I got this from but I always thought that penis envy was something that boys had when seeing the penis size of grown men. Unfortunately, my penis envy never went away.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have viewed a large of peni during my long tour in the Military. Gang Showers in Basic Training and living in close quarters while on Sea Duty.

Sometimes I wished I had a longer one, when I see one that is longer. Then the table turns when I see a wider one.

Additionally, the peni have different skin tones and angles.

I appreciate them all and at various times I wish I had a different one.

Now, as always it is exciting to view a penis. Just as we all appreciate looking at the various new cars each Fall. I wish I had that!!!!!!

I think it is simply wanting to know what the other male has and/or how it looks.

If we did not want to better ourselves we would all lose our competitive edge.

Now, must get ready to watch the plethora of Bowl Games scheduled for this date.

Happy New Year!!!!

shiznick90210

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What I do notice is that -- out of all the men of whom I was intimately acquainted with that didn't have the stature or the size ...drove around pretty large vehicles, even though the nature of their job or their lifestyle didn't require one that big.

In that sense, they wanted to evoke from other men, envy and danger for the size of their motorized tools. ("Get out of the way, you can see I own the road, so move it, before I slap you aside and easily survive the collision.").

But with some single women I know of, they simply wanted a bigger vehicle because they got a better view of the road ahead due to the elevated suspension, and it gave them a more secure feeling of, "tank-armored security," for example, against drunken men that couldn't drive worth crap that they had bad experiences with, in their past history -- so no 'penis envy' came to play, with these women's rationalizations for getting a larger vehicle.

But with some men -- but not all -- they do seem to be "compensating" for something definitely lacking in their physiques. But what do I know about 'penis envy,' I'm just a woman, right?

(Power of the Pussy).

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I dont think I have penis envy because when I trully fancy it I want it inside my vagina...:rolleyes: :tongue: But some women may feel envious of males but why, when, who, what..no ideia..

And about males envy big ones it can eat them inside if not deal with the issue..but worse and pityful scenario to me is the bitternes and agression towards big guys from (?) who knows which sizes from some males... That I had opportunity to see here a few many times...unfortunatly.:rolleyes: