Your favorite Chaat?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Yup I love Indian food, especially Southern Indian food, Keralan and Goan food are amazing, I also have a soft spot for food from the region around Hyderabad.

Like a lot of Brits I grew up eating Punjabi food regularly (and I stil enjoy good Punjabi food), and that's what we all thought was Indian food, but in recent years food from other parts of India has become a lot more popular and the sudden realisation that the term "Indian food" includes a huge variety of different cuisines has been incredibly eye opening.

I'm particularly fond of pickles and chutneys, Mango pickle (made with tiny little Mangoes with a funny name that escapes me atm) and Coconut chutney are a couple of faves of mine.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh thank you for posting on this thread. My faith in humanity is restored, fellow Indian food lovers. There is this place in Berkeley CA called Viks that has wonderful chaats. I love their masala dosa and samosas with cholle. The mixed pickle is wonderful also. The sea bass curries are great too.

The food is so wonderful and comforting that sometimes I think I was Indian in a past life. Just sipping a hot chai masala tea calms me like I'm home again.

Last edited:

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Oh, if we are talking about Indian food in general, one of my favourites is the Chettinad cuisine! It's awesome.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm no gourmand of Indian food, but I love it. Vancouver has a large South Asia immigrant population and it is a treat have a huge selection of various regional cuisines to select from. But the best I every had was in little old Klagenfurt, Austria believe it or not. Sadly, where I live now there are no Indian restaurants. :( But the good news is that in October I am invited to Mumbai and have been promised home cooked meals! yea me!