Your Favorite Chinese Food?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In fact, the Chinese are such fucking scumbags that I wouldn't buy their bullshit food anyway. What they are doing to the world in the pursuit of wealth and empire sickens me. A family friend used to run a Roto-Rooter business and said that the Chinese restaurants are the singular most disgusting places he has ever had to service.

Get a grip, Tripod.:tongue:

Give me Thai food any day!!!

They actually use fresh meat.

Yes, they prefer a fresher pooch.

It's not a common food, horrifies some and many Thai will deny it happens at all, but as discussed in the Puppy thread; it's better check the facts before condemning.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with the ones above who prefer Vietnamese or Thai. But almost any Asian food is just dandy with me!

The best chinese sauce is the one used in General Tso chicken. I wish it had more veggies when I order it, though.

Vietnamese goi cuon is one of my favorite things, ever! (the things that look like egg rolls, but are not fried; mostly raw veggies & greens wrapped in a rice paper). Also, any of the grilled dishes or a good bowl of pho.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Chinese people and their culture are AWESOME,

Except for the whole thing about marginalizing little girls and women...

However...

I really like Sesame Tofu.

Though very little of the Chinese food we get in the US is actually what Chinese eat. An Asian friend of mine used to call all the local Chinese restaurants Chinese McDonalds.

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sorry... that was rude. I meant it though. It seems that the U.S. is part and parcel to what the Chinese are up to these days, I as an American citizen, am to blame as well. I just think that they are doing some real wrong in the world... but what America has done to Iraq has to take the cake. Talkin' smack about the American government is not rude at all, it is encouraged. The Chinese people and their culture are AWESOME, it's just their totalitarian form of government, human rights violations and their rampant capitalism that I object to.

Nevertheless, I have foot in mouth disease sometimes, my rude statement was totally mean spirited and I am a bit of a douche for typing it, oh well... :frown1:

Now back to topic... you didn't even say what your favorite Chinese dish was?

I appreciate the apology and it's all good, i can understand in the heat of the moment we say things that we shouldn't out loud...lol.

and I did say what i like...its on page 2. :biggrin1:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Except for the whole thing about marginalizing little girls and women...

Marginalisation is something of an understatement. That's when the adult women aren't killing themselves. With economic growth the situation appears to be improving but it remains a rather extreme form of Malthusian positive check.

However ... Sesame Tofu is indeed, yummy.

Though very little of the Chinese food we get in the US is actually what Chinese eat. An Asian friend of mine used to call it Chinese McDonalds.

Very true. I was surprised (occasionally unpleasantly) by that discovery.

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sesame Chicken (depends on the restaurant)
Shrimp with Veggies
Mongolian Beef
Kao Pung anything

I really like spicer dishes though - my fav though is "Asian Fusion" Cuisine - great place in Denver called Thai Basil. Any of their curries are wonderful - favorite is Panang Curry.

Sugar

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For the most part, this thread has me slobbering. A restaurant in my area specializes in "Indianized Chinese" which are dishes popular at Chinese restaurants in India (they do their own take on Chinese just like US restaurants do). Here are my two favorites from their online menu. When I can convince the waiter to convince the chef to make them really kick-ass spicy, they are heaven - I sweat like I just played racquetball for an hour. Got turned onto it by a coworker from India who says it's just like home.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Manchurian Chicken
Diced chicken cooked in a spicy garlic-cilantro sauce with fresh Thai
chilies. Topped with poached bok choy.

(that one begs for rice since the sauce is so very fine)

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Chili Chicken
Diced chicken lightly battered and fried until crispy, sauteed with fresh
hot peppers. Served with bok choy sauteed in oyster sauce.

Another coworker is from Shanghai (childhood) and Hong Kong (before coming to the US). She translated the menu from her favorite local restaurant for me and between all the chicken feet, congealed duck's blood and a variety of internal organs prepared many ways, I think I'm too westernized for really authentic Chinese.

They do offer a special dish that's brought out on a sizzling platter with steam from the platter billowing along behind the waiter - it's called "Bomb Tokyo." The sizzle is supposed to symbolize Japanese citizens burning. Lots of Chinese haven't quite forgiven Japan for WWII yet, and the ones I know have zero use for our political correctness in the US.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - one of my all time favorites that isn't Chinese at all. God these are so fine!

YouTube - Vietnamese Spring Roll

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
A culture's food dishes, handed down from generation to generation and stabilized in frame and reference in time, do not reflect the current politics of a current presiding regime.

Let's keep that in mind.

It would be like dissing American burgers in South Africa because Bush is president. Just diss the current regime.

thank you.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At one of my favorite restaurants #69 is Chow Mei Fun. :biggrin1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I spent quite a big chunk of the last 5 years in china, off and on, and the funny thing is that nearly everything you eat in chinese restaurants elsewhere in the world is nowhere to be found in China.

And it Ruined me for Chinese food in the US.'

My favorites were the homestyle heavily garliced dishes cooked by the chef in our factory...

But then... spending 5 weeks in ITaly without seeing red sauce once also ruined US "italian" restaurants.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And how ever could I ever forget Yum Char?
A week end morning treat.
Steamed buns filled with diffrent meats and vegtables.
Dumplings - both steamed or fried.
Char siu baau.
Congee.
But most of all lots and lots of green tea with fresh Star Jasmine petals with just a hint of honey to sweeten.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I spent quite a big chunk of the last 5 years in china, off and on, and the funny thing is that nearly everything you eat in chinese restaurants elsewhere in the world is nowhere to be found in China.

And it Ruined me for Chinese food in the US.'

My favorites were the homestyle heavily garliced dishes cooked by the chef in our factory...

But then... spending 5 weeks in ITaly without seeing red sauce once also ruined US "italian" restaurants.
Phil, I think a lot of people have the mistaken idea that what you get in chinese restaurants is what people serve at home. The thing is, most of what we get here should most likely be referred to as "chinese-inspired," rather than "chinese." I laugh at people who sneer and say "that's not authentic; they don't use those vegetables in pork fried rice!" In most countries of the world, "authentic" is what's available. Most "authentic" chinese food actually uses whatever vegetables may be available, with a very small amount of meat used as a seasoning, and whatever spices may be available, too. Any leftovers are used in the next meal.

As for the Italian, it depends on what part of the country whether you find pasta or polenta, and whether you find pesto or cream or tomato sauces. As I recall (and I may be wrong about this) the heavier use of marinara is more of a southern italy/sicilian thing.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As for the Italian, it depends on what part of the country whether you find pasta or polenta, and whether you find pesto or cream or tomato sauces. As I recall (and I may be wrong about this) the heavier use of marinara is more of a southern italy/sicilian thing.

DC, yes, that's right. Most of the northern Italian food is very different than what you find in southern Italy which is different from what you find in the middle, etc. Over near Genoa, you'll find pesto with basil, north of Venice, one finds cream sauces and more Austrian/Germanic inspired foods. The more south you go, more tomato based sauces occur.