Your Favorite Chinese Food?

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
My friends wife is from Shanghai and she cooks up some amazing food. Nothing like what you get in Chinese restaurants here in the USA.

My favorite dishes from the restaurants are:
Ma Po tofu
any vegetable dish with crispy noodles and tofu
any crispy chicken dish

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Going to China is definitely a culinary eye-opener. In cities and towns along the western railroad from San Francisco to SLC restaurants tend to serve a strangely evolved/devolved version of Cantonese Chinese cuisine, (although heavy gravy is rarely on my list of things that qualify as cuisine). But I do feel Chinatown in San Francisco still is the best place in the USA to get your hands on delicious Chinese-style dishes. You just have to spend a lot of time in the area and do your research. Chow Mein or Chow Fan is a Chinese food tradition that was born in the western USA, not China. Still: Sub Gum Chow Mein is an amazing dish. Those of you in NYC who disagree that in the USA San Francisco is the epicenter of the best Chinese cuisine, please argue among yourselves:biggrin1:.

Kailey Kwong's (sp?) cooking shows from Australia have ruined my ability to eat Chinese food in the USA. Her Chinese/Southern Asia fusion dishes are hypnotic and delicious.

But I'll go with those who prefer Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. There's a nice little Vietnamese restaurant immediately west of ASU campus in Tempe, Arizona, serves some of the best Vietnamese dishes I've tasted. The owner and patriarch of the family business is a former colonel from the Saigon-era South Viet Nam army. He's wound up tighter than Bruce Lee. He often challenges male college students carrying extra pounds around their middles to slug him in the stomach. His abs are like a solid brick wall. He then lectures them to "Come here. Eat every day. You'll be strong and fit like me!" Damn good lemon grass soup.

Ever had those cold Thai vegetable spring rolls wrapped in a thin rice flour crepe? Authentic renderings of that particular dish look like a plate of 7" uncut dicks. They also have the same somewhat creepy feel. At least for an unattached dick. Hmmmmm. . . .:smile:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going to China is definitely a culinary eye-opener. In cities and towns along the western railroad from San Francisco to SLC restaurants tend to serve a strangely evolved/devolved version of Cantonese Chinese cuisine, (although heavy gravy is rarely on my list of things that qualify as cuisine). But I do feel Chinatown in San Francisco still is the best place in the USA to get your hands on delicious Chinese-style dishes. You just have to spend a lot of time in the area and do your research. Chow Mein or Chow Fan is a Chinese food tradition that was born in the western USA, not China. Still: Sub Gum Chow Mein is an amazing dish. Those of you in NYC who disagree that in the USA San Francisco is the epicenter of the best Chinese cuisine, please argue among yourselves:biggrin1:.

Kailey Kwong's (sp?) cooking shows from Australia have ruined my ability to eat Chinese food in the USA. Her Chinese/Southern Asia fusion dishes are hypnotic and delicious.

But I'll go with those who prefer Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. There's a nice little Vietnamese restaurant immediately west of ASU campus in Tempe, Arizona, serves some of the best Vietnamese dishes I've tasted. The owner and patriarch of the family business is a former colonel from the Saigon-era South Viet Nam army. He's wound up tighter than Bruce Lee. He often challenges male college students carrying extra pounds around their middles to slug him in the stomach. His abs are like a solid brick wall. He then lectures them to "Come here. Eat every day. You'll be strong and fit like me!" Damn good lemon grass soup.

Ever had those cold Thai vegetable spring rolls wrapped in a thin rice flour crepe? Authentic renderings of that particular dish look like a plate of 7" uncut dicks. They also have the same somewhat creepy feel. At least for an unattached dick. Hmmmmm. . . .:smile:

YOu know I am never going to be able to eat spring roll again without having that heinous visual, dont you? THanks. !

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...General Tao's chicken (I've also seen it spelled Gao and now Tso)

I have a theory about General Tso's chicken. It goes like this.

1. Every chinese restaraunt has General Tso's chicken, even if it is not on the menu.
  2. General Tso's chicken will be totally different at each different chinese restaurant
  3. However, it will taste really good at every chinese restaurant.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Sweetie,
Her name is Kylie Kwong, and yes her food is wonderful.
She has several cook books out.