Your favorite curse word?

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Apr 4 2005, 09:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Apr 4 2005, 09:14 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Apr 4 2005, 12:11 AM
Well, actually that&#39;s a participle. A gerund would be using "fucking" as a noun. As in "Fucking you last night was wonderful."
[post=296591]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep. To be more specific, a present active participle. Though a participle is, strictly speaking, a mood of the verb, it is used adjectivally much more often. It can also be used as an adverb, as in, "That was fucking awesome&#33;"
[post=296593]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Silly me&#33; I meant to say not that I was trying to avoid a grammatical discussion, but an anatomical one. You see, the gerund isn&#39;t part of our sexual repertoire, and I would have needed to explian why I felt uncomfortabe about dangling my participle in public. This could be painful, for him, since I have been known to splt even quite loose, experienced infinitives.

I tried a gerund with my ex-wife once, but wihout success. Maybe she was having her period. I wouldn&#39;t like to try it again--my age, I&#39;m well past perfect. It could put me in a comma.

Yours in the highly subjunctive,

hb8

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by headbang8@Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM
Silly me&#33;  I meant to say not that I was trying to avoid a grammatical discussion, but an anatomical one.  You see, the gerund isn&#39;t part of our sexual repertoire, and I would have needed to explian why I felt uncomfortabe about dangling my participle in public.  This could be painful, for him, since I have been known to splt even quite loose, experienced infinitives. 

I tried a gerund with my ex-wife once, but wihout success.  Maybe she was having her period.  I wouldn&#39;t like to try it again--my age, I&#39;m well past perfect.  It could put me in a comma.

hb8

Now that was fucking funny&#33; :lol:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Apr 3 2005, 08:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Apr 3 2005, 08:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-headbang8@Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM
Silly me&#33; I meant to say not that I was trying to avoid a grammatical discussion, but an anatomical one. You see, the gerund isn&#39;t part of our sexual repertoire, and I would have needed to explian why I felt uncomfortabe about dangling my participle in public. This could be painful, for him, since I have been known to splt even quite loose, experienced infinitives.

I tried a gerund with my ex-wife once, but wihout success. Maybe she was having her period. I wouldn&#39;t like to try it again--my age, I&#39;m well past perfect. It could put me in a comma.

hb8

Now that was fucking funny&#33; :lol:
[post=296635]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yes, it was well past perfect&#33;

hung_big: Oh yah, Brian...did the convention go as planned? Any surprises or purks? Tell us a bit about it hun&#33;

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for asking Chris :)

It went all right in St. Louis. Our steel bridge didn&#39;t pass the load test, so we got disqualified, but it happened to about 6 out of the 10 bridges there so we didn&#39;t feel quite as bad about it.

Our concrete canoe team did pretty well. Oklahoma Stata and Oklahoma normally own that competition every year since they pour thousands of dollars into it every year so they can go to nationals. We don&#39;t know the exact order, but we probably got 4th or 5th place, which was a step up for us lately since we&#39;re still building ourselves into a stronger program.

Overall it was really fun, got drunk Thursday night. Hung out at the arch Fri night. Got sunburned Saturday at the lake, and eventually sick from it all, but I&#39;d still do it all over again. (And will next year when the conference is hosted in Columbia, MO at Mizzou.)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Altairion@Apr 5 2005, 03:53 AM
Thanks for asking Chris :)

It went all right in St. Louis. Our steel bridge didn&#39;t pass the load test, so we got disqualified, but it happened to about 6 out of the 10 bridges there so we didn&#39;t feel quite as bad about it.

Our concrete canoe team did pretty well. Oklahoma Stata and Oklahoma normally own that competition every year since they pour thousands of dollars into it every year so they can go to nationals. We don&#39;t know the exact order, but we probably got 4th or 5th place, which was a step up for us lately since we&#39;re still building ourselves into a stronger program.

Overall it was really fun, got drunk Thursday night. Hung out at the arch Fri night. Got sunburned Saturday at the lake, and eventually sick from it all, but I&#39;d still do it all over again. (And will next year when the conference is hosted in Columbia, MO at Mizzou.)
[post=297103]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool&#33;

I always wondered who built those concrete canoes&#33; So how long did you all prepare for it ? How did you get involved? What was you particular assignment? Do tell all&#33;

Naughty

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
haha, woohoo for going off topic.

The rules come out each year sometime around August. I&#39;m normally a steel bridge guy, but I did both teams this year and I&#39;m probably going to be a Captain for the canoe team next year so it&#39;ll be an interesting ride. The whole point is to make a concrete mix that fits within the rules they release, and also to have a concrete that has a density that is lighter than water so it can float, but still be strong enough to hold four people while they race in it.

Half of the year we do mix design where we do test mixes of concrete with varying components in the mix to find the one that is the strongest and will work out best for us. If we have a stronger mix, we can have a thinner and overall lighter canoe which will row faster in the water. It&#39;s really a fun time, and our team isn&#39;t even one of the teams that is really into it. There are others that start in the summer, have rowing practices all the time and sell their souls to it essentially.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I like fuck, if only for its versatility:

As a transitive verb: "I fucked her last night."
As an intransitive verb: "We can go fuck now."
As a noun: "You dumb fuck."
As a reflexive verb: "Fuck you&#33;"
As an intensive: "What the fuck did you do?"
As an interjection: "Fuck&#33;"
As an adjective: "Fucking assholes&#33;"
As an adverb: "You fucking ruined my car&#33;"
As an infix: "Abso-fucking-lutely&#33;"
As every word in the sentence: "Fuck all the fucking fuckers&#33;"

Just remember, FUCK is also an acronym for Friends U Can Keep.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker+Apr 3 2005, 07:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pecker &#064; Apr 3 2005, 07:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fuck&#33; You fucked up the fucking &#39;fucking,&#39; you fuck&#33;
[post=296601]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Apr 5 2005, 11:39 AM

[post=297303]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

I&#39;ve heard a recording that sounds like a real educational tape. It is very, very funny&#33;
This link has text that is very close to what the recording is about if it isn&#39;t a direct transcription:

Fucking Link

LapFuckingDog :p

hung_big: jonb...you&#39;ve done it again. You have made my day&#33;&#33;&#33; You are so damn funny and intelligent. Combine those two and...and...it&#39;s just phenominal. Never leave this site&#33;

hung_big:
Originally posted by Altairion@Apr 4 2005, 11:42 PM
and also to have a concrete that has a density that is lighter than water so it can float, but still be strong enough to hold four people while they race in it.
[post=297138]Quoted post[/post]​

Bri - is that physically possible? Water&#39;s density is 1lb/square cm (if I&#39;m not mistaken). Now to make a concrete mix I assume you need partial water, but are not all sand and sand-products denser (sp?) than water? So if you combine the two, logic tells that it would be denser than H2O.

And if that is untrue, what is your constant when doing your experiments?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Apr 5 2005, 04:39 PM

[post=297303]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don&#39;t you run outside and play "Hide and go fuck yourself&#33;"

Phuque.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 5 2005, 07:06 PM
Bri - is that physically possible? Water&#39;s density is 1lb/square cm (if I&#39;m not mistaken).
[post=297518]Quoted post[/post]​
1 g*cm^-3, actually. (Or one gram per cubic centimetre.)