Your favorite Football movies?

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I don't really like American football, but I agree that *Everybody's All American* was a great movie.

Dennis Quaid gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in that movie. There was so much pain and confusion in his face, in some scenes, as the only world he knew passed him by. It was really heartbreaking.

I remember that well.

He was conditioned to be the hero and ended up being another face in the crowd. The youthful, sheltered innocence was lost--the world where the biggest problem was losing a game or not scoring with a certain girl. The old, fat, rich men who praised him eventually lost interest and moved on to the next hero of the hour.

As he aged, he lost two of the three things he had going for him: his looks and skill on the grid iron. The third thing is revealed at the end of the movie in a touching (although somewhat sappy) scene.

D_Barzillai Whackingsauce

Account Disabled
Media
I am trying to build a great football DVD collection. I have a few but I am missing so many. There are some great titles here people... awesome.

For me, Any Given Sunday, Friday Night Lights, Brain's Song, All The Right Moves, We are Marshall, The Longest Yard (Both but love the original), Invincible (Cheesy I know but why not?)

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can't believe that on this web site, nobody has said "Any Given Sunday" with Al Pacino (sp?). there's more swinging dick in that movie than you can shake a stick at... Great locker room scenes!~
Garg MAn

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am trying to build a great football DVD collection. I have a few but I am missing so many. There are some great titles here people... awesome.

For me, Any Given Sunday, Friday Night Lights, Brain's Song, All The Right Moves, We are Marshall, The Longest Yard (Both but love the original), Invincible (Cheesy I know but why not?)

North Dallas Forty...still the best and most realistic of them all...based on the dallas cowboys of the late 60s early 70s

your collection is not complete without it...it is the best of them all, hands down

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Invincible" actually was one of the better movies with an NFL football storyline that I've seen. Mark Wahlberg and Disney did a tremendous job on the Vince Papale story. Elizabeth Banks was pretty fine, but being an Eagles fan myself, the character she portrayed as a Giants fan, that was hard to tolerate even though it was just a movie. But it's accurate, Eagles and Giants fans can live together with relative harmony ?

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2006_Invincible/2006_invincible_028.jpg

Another "The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves. Brooke Langton was pretty hot.

http://www.movieforum.com/movies/titles/thereplacements/images/brookelangton.jpg

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Any Given Sunday.

Definitely Any Given Sunday. Followed by The Longest Yard (original version, of course) and Remember the Titans.

For me, Any Given Sunday

I can't believe that on this web site, nobody has said "Any Given Sunday" with Al Pacino (sp?)
Garg MAn

Duuuuuude come on...