Your Favorite Scent

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just wondering what are some of your favorite scents. It can be a scent that brings back good memories, a turn on, or just a scent that you like. I love the smell of Candies and Curve cologne. I love the smell of pipe tobacco being smoked and my favorite scent on a woman is sweet pea. It's a turn on for me. Please elaborate on why you like the smell. Also, what are your favorite colognes or perfumes.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I love the smell of wet dirt after it rains and the smell of cut grass. The wet dirt reminds me of when I was little and playing in the rain outside. The cut grass smell reminds me of spending summers at my grampa's house. I also love the smell of fabric softener, and chlorine from swimming pools, if you can believe it.:biggrin:

I don't like the smell of colognes, or wear them, so I don't have any favorites.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lavender, lime, tea, coffee, mint are all scents i love to smell and to wear (except coffee maybe).

i love the smell of a man who is clean but is wearing no cologne, aftershave, or any other scent.

my grandmother's perfume makes me think of being a child, it's very comforting.

i find skunk to be pleasant if it's diffused in the air, it reminds me of summer.

oddly, the scent of stargazer lilies smells very medicinal and is very unpleasant to me.

SensualGoth

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Parsley, Rosemary, Sage ( fresh and dry) Basil, Curry, Dill, Lime,
Irish Spring
Coconut scented tanning oil ( reminds me when I used to swim as a kid)
Perry Ellis 360, No REgrets By Alexandria De Markoff,
Red Door but I won't wear it anymore, makes guys act stupid around me thought it was me so I gave it to my friend Dee and it did the same thing with her)
Hair styling products when my hair stylist Trey does my hair( pure bliss)
The oil and lotion at the nail place I go for pedicures and manicures
Hyacinth, Lavender,
Orange in a paper bag with a sandwich ham or bologna ( reminds me of the bagged lunches in YMCA summer day camp back in the day)
fresh brewed tea
fresh salsa
Saki bath oil from Sephora * one of these days I'll actually buy a bottle*
Godiva chocolate
and fresh pressed new money....
many many more.... too many to list

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lavender, Freesia, Coriander , bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon Verbena, Lime, Tangerine.

Perfumes that I love are :

Paris by Yves St. Laurent
Cristalle by Chanel

a male friend had on ginger yesterday and I told him he smelled good enough to gobble right up. Hey, I was honest! LOL! :biggrin1:

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Burberry London(for men) by Burberry
Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren
Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i love smelling Vanilla! oh man.

other stuff:
Burberry - Brit
Hugo Boss - Soul
Ralph Lauren - Romance.

and for women's:
Fantasy - Britney Spears (damn, i love that scent)

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Mmmm, I love scents, I'm always sticking my nose into flowers. It's funny that snoozan says she loves the smell of a clean man w/o cologne, but that 'clean' soap smell is also perfume... most soaps contain fragrance as an additive. Possibly it is a dislike of concentration versus actual fragrance.

I hate it when people bathe in cologne/perfume, 1/2 a squirt of most modern colognes is adequate. Some fragrances have more sil(l)age than others, meaning the fragrance carries through the air away from the wearer's body. Less is more. My rule for men is that cologne should not be detected unless you have your nose against a person's ear as you nibble their neck. For women it is different, since perfume concentrations are so much higher than men's colognes. However, smelling like a cheap whore while leaving a trail of dead flies in their wake is a common mistake of females as well. I think women's fragrances should only carry one foot (12") away from their bodies max; any more and you are poisoning the environment around you.

I dislike the scent of cheap patchouli, stale urine, stale barf residue, mildew on towels, all farts, CK One/ozone fragrances, and synthetic fruity smells like peach, raspberry, melon, etc.

Off the top of my head, on women I like Chanel #5, #19, Coco, Fracas, Anais Anais, & Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely.

I will continue this post later about other fragrances I like.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mmmm, I love scents, I'm always sticking my nose into flowers. It's funny that snoozan says she loves the smell of a clean man w/o cologne, but that 'clean' soap smell is also perfume... most soaps contain fragrance as an additive. Possibly it is a dislike of concentration versus actual fragrance.

You've pretty much nailed what I meant. Though, the fragrances in soap tend to be a little different than those in mens' aftershaves and cologne. But you're spot on about the concentration part.

I hate it when people bathe in cologne/perfume, 1/2 a squirt of most modern colognes is adequate. Some fragrances have more sil(l)age than others, meaning the fragrance carries through the air away from the wearer's body. Less is more. My rule for men is that cologne should not be detected unless you have your nose against a person's ear as you nibble their neck. For women it is different, since perfume concentrations are so much higher than men's colognes. However, smelling like a cheap whore while leaving a trail of dead flies in their wake is a common mistake of females as well. I think women's fragrances should only carry one foot (12") away from their bodies max; any more and you are poisoning the environment around you.

I have a friend whose perfume (which she applies way too liberally) regularly gives me asthma attacks. If I'm in a car with her it's automatic that I'm going to start wheezing. I don't think most people are aware that perfumes and colognes can really make people sick.

I dislike the scent of cheap patchouli, stale urine, stale barf residue, mildew on towels, all farts, CK One/ozone fragrances, and synthetic fruity smells like peach, raspberry, melon, etc.

Stale cigarette smoke is one of my least favorites smells. I smoked for a few years and it's amazing to me how disgusted by the scent I am seeing that I wallowed in it for a long time.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You've pretty much nailed what I meant. Though, the fragrances in soap tend to be a little different than those in mens' aftershaves and cologne. But you're spot on about the concentration part.

I have a friend whose perfume (which she applies way too liberally) regularly gives me asthma attacks. If I'm in a car with her it's automatic that I'm going to start wheezing. I don't think most people are aware that perfumes and colognes can really make people sick.

Stale cigarette smoke is one of my least favorites smells. I smoked for a few years and it's amazing to me how disgusted by the scent I am seeing that I wallowed in it for a long time.

Yeah that's why I always make sure to only wear a little cologne if any at all. I only wear cologne if I am going out somewhere like out to dinner or something. I know I have been around people with too much cologne or perfume on and it gives me a headache. When I was in school I remember there would always be people getting yelled at for spraying a bunch of cologne or perfume on themselves especially if the teacher was one of those people that got sick because of it. It's weird how some people feel they have to drench themselves in it.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I mentioned this in another thread, but supposedly the scents of lavender and pumpkin pie increase blood flow to the penis. :wink: I liked those scents before I found that out, though.

I also like coconut scent in tanning oil, but I use sunscreen as I burn easily and don't want to get skin cancer. The sunscreens don't usually smell as good as the "dark tanning oils" though, unfortunately.

I don't wear heavy perfume. Often I don't use any, or if I do it's rather light. I got used to not wearing any perfume or being very careful what kinds I wore because my friends were all very allergic. I usually like a light spraying of lavender perfume (see first paragraph above).

I also love the scent of new-mown grass.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love the smell of a clean man and I also love the smell of my man at the end of the day. I like to call it "clean sweat."

I use Dove for Sensitive Skin (my son is very allergic). It contains no perfumes of dyes. Then I use Sure Unscented deodorant. So, by the end of the day, I don't stink but I smell like me. My own smell can get me going these days.

The natural phermones of men and women are best.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sandalwood, Imperial Leather soap, Anais-Anais perfume mixed with train diesel*, honeysuckle, my garden in the rain, blackberries, peaches - those are absolute favourites.

I wear scentless deordorant and Dolce Vita (CD) perfume

Smell is so important to us, especially kids. I love Sandalwood so much because my mum wore Yardley's Sandalwood all through my childhood - when I was about 18months old my Dad and Mum were in a friend's apt. downstairs and had left us kids upstairs asleep. I evidently got up to look for my mum - when she checked in on us she found me happily culred up asleep in her nightdress on the floor.

* there's a story behind that one obviously