Your favorite vegetables

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Now that spring is here, it's time to plant your gardens. I was wondering what everyones favorite vegetable is. I know the drill about tomatoes so for the purpose of this thread we'll consider them veg's.

1. Asparagus
2. Artichokes
3. Tomatoes
4. Eggplant
5. Okra
and just about any other vegetable with the exception of Lima Beans.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You've managed to mention every one I cant stand but you missed peas, lima beans, and spinach. I love cabbage, turnips, cauliflower, corn, baked beans, string beans, and broccoli if its not cooked.

Oh yeah , I forgot zucchini, I love a big fat zucchini!!!

Last edited:

Sweet corn in season picked less than 12 hours ago
Sugar snap peas straight from the garden
Fresh fiddleheads
Asparagus
Very fresh beets
Carrots
Artichokes
Leeks
Red bell peppers
Endive
Hearts of palm
Turnips
Sweet potatoes

I'm not including mushrooms here but I love mushrooms of all types. Nothing, however, beats fresh corn on the cob right out of the field, nuked in the husk for 3 minutes, peeled, and eaten right there and then. Many a summer supper has consisted of nothing but.

The sugar snap peas pulled right from the garden, strung, and then floated in ice water with a little dip, eaten whole, are the closest thing to candy nature makes. Fabulously good.

If you have a stand of ferns in spring, get fiddleheads, stir fry them right away, and they're one of the best things ever. Very sweet with a slight tang. Look for morels while you're at it and you're even luckier to have the two together. A little butter or olive oil and some tarragon and you're good to go.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love all vegetables except Brussels Sprouts, but if they are steamed and dripping in butter I can even tolerate them!

i LOVE brussels sprouts

sliced in half, sauteed in olive oil with lots of garlic, pepperincino, sea salt and black pepper.

if u really want to push them over the cliff, grate some reggiano parmigiano over them b4 serving.

add some roasted red pepper cut into strips, and toss with some penne and it's a meal.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i tried tying my hands behind my back to keep me from typing terry schaivo in here but my mind started controlling the keyboard. i lost control.

is it stupid that i luv red bell peppers

but i HATE green bell peppers on or in anything?

Nope. A red bell pepper is simply one that's ripe. The pepper stages from green to yellow to orange to red. They're all the same pepper. Greens are hard and not so flavorful or as nutritious.

Don't feel too bad. I thought of Terry Schiavo too.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love all vegetables except Brussels Sprouts, but if they are steamed and dripping in butter I can even tolerate them!

Me too, although I can't tolerate brussel sprouts at all or turnips. I guess my all time favorite is a fresh off the vine tomato. Just can't beat a tomato sandwich, plain white bread, mayo, salt & pepper, just doesn't get any better. Can't wait till my two plants start producing.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nope. A red bell pepper is simply one that's ripe. The pepper stages from green to yellow to orange to red. They're all the same pepper. Greens are hard and not so flavorful or as nutritious.

that's weird, nothing is good unless it's ripe, it would be like eating an avacado that's hard as a baseball. though i guess some people do eat green tomatoes.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like most vegetables except for squash and mushrooms, but my favorites are asparagus, swiss chard, spinach, and brocolli.

Asparagus is one of the main crops in my area, particularly in Hadley, where ""Asparagus Isn't a Vegetable, It's a Way of Life." The soil--"Hadley loam"--is particularly good for growing it, and "Hadley grass" is reputed to be the finest asparagus you can get--its sweeter and more tender. Road signs used to read "Welcome to Hadley--Aspargus Capitol of the World" until the mid-1970s when a soil-borne fungus destroyed most of the crop, forcing the local farmers to switch to other crops.

Asparagus spears signal spring - The Boston Globe
Saveur-

You can even get asparagus ice cream at one of the local dairy farms.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Peas
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussel Sprouts (all with a little vinegar on them)
Tomatoes (mmmm fresh tomato sandwich)
Spring Onions (dip 'em in a little salt)
Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow, purple... :smile: Iron Chef did a whole episode with BELL PEPPERS as the ingredient)

and everybody loves CORN!
(remember you can time your digestive system using corn... :biggrin: corn poopie, I know TMI)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Sautee them in the grease from some crisped pancetta, toss with some salt and pepper, and then add the pancetta crumbles and some chopped, roasted walnuts. You will change your mind about them.