Your Life. Your Love.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We all make mistakes in life, no-ones instinct is 100% correct. Especially about choosing our life partners.

I'm pretty good with intuition, but have to admit I have failed miserably at times in personal choice. When I ignore my own intuition.

Anyway.....this post is about trust. I've found a love I can trust with my life. We have our time. But, I know she will be there with me to the end. Well..............hopefully :)

Are you set in your beliefs, ways, imaginings, experiences of how life will be, to believe in another. For them to be there next week, lettle though for life?

I came from a time when we once planned for Nuclear attack...I had a roadmap, bridges all worked out, where to go in case of holocaust.............'spose most here would not remember this.

Yeah...I like the word lettle...It lends a bit more to the little....Not....a serious question.....it's something to ponder though.

Yeah...Amy Pond out of Dr Who......If only I was 40 years younger

Pond comes from 'ponder' I used in a sentence just now.........I often go off on tangents...I'm exciting to be around...what can I say :) :).....Just enjoy LPSG...your space here in which you wish to make it.

Last edited:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I am living a dream with a partner who is exquisitely matched to me.
After four years with a with older, and a total of 10 years since the last energetic/soul match I had (skinny hippie), I’m awed and humbled that lightning struck twice.

it’s about being open to what’s there, knowing your needs, knowing the wants list, and knowing when it’s close as it’s going to get.

And yes, I recall atomic drills. I was not convinced the desk would save me.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We approached each other with similar ideas about trust but being very suspicious.

Both of us were cheated on by our respective exes, and it took each of us a long time to even think about trusting each other.

He told me once that he didn't think he could be serious with me because with my looks I can have any man I desire.

I asked him how could I trust him when he's a very popular entertainer that travels half the year to different places with a girl in every port.

Then he said something that just clicked. He told how he felt when he found out his ex-wife cheated on him and that there was no way he could ever make a human being feel like that, especially one he loved. I knew exactly what he was saying. And that's how it's been for the last 20 years.

He once told me that there is no way that anyone could make him feel any better than I could without killing him. I told him I'd go that extra mile if I found out he tested that theory!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I am living a dream with a partner who is exquisitely matched to me.
After four years with a with older, and a total of 10 years since the last energetic/soul match I had (skinny hippie), I’m awed and humbled that lightning struck twice.

it’s about being open to what’s there, knowing your needs, knowing the wants list, and knowing when it’s close as it’s going to get.

And yes, I recall atomic drills. I was not convinced the desk would save me.

that should read “with a withholder”

Reactions: seventiesdemon

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What is nice to see, is there are some deep thinkers and honest comments here. Which quite frankly, is refreshing and heartwarming.

Yeah, with the odd twist of dagger :)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm I've had a few loves of my life. I will, with luck, have more.

The people I have shared my bed and my heart with have been who my being needed to grow from where we found each other. Blessed that I was the person they needed to actuate growth or to heal or to have a nice bit of revitalizing drift with.

None are more favored, more valued or loved more. We're all still friends. Yes, I knit social circles into the roof of a pillow fort.

For me accepting impermanence/change as healthy and desired had an massive impact on how I love. Knowing what my partner needs might not always be me...the letting go with love and wishes for their happiness. So much value in every moment. Even folding laundry or Saturday cereal cartoon slack.

My life? I hope to always be learning and giving. My love? I hope to give the kinda love that feels exhilarating and restorative.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Hmm I've had a few loves of my life. I will, with luck, have more.

The people I have shared my bed and my heart with have been who my being needed to grow from where we found each other. Blessed that I was the person they needed to actuate growth or to heal or to have a nice bit of revitalizing drift with.

None are more favored, more valued or loved more. We're all still friends. Yes, I knit social circles into the roof of a pillow fort.

For me accepting impermanence/change as healthy and desired had an massive impact on how I love. Knowing what my partner needs might not always be me...the letting go with love and wishes for their happiness. So much value in every moment. Even folding laundry or Saturday cereal cartoon slack.

My life? I hope to always be learning and giving. My love? I hope to give the kinda love that feels exhilarating and restorative.

Absolutely beautiful, Ms MickeyLee.