Your look or the look you desire? Plus facial Hair followup.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by hairybanana2000, Jan 30, 2009.

1. hairybanana2000

hairybanana2000 New Member

I saw this picture today and it really evoked some thought processes...

I don't know why but this is the look i would love to have. I am not near this in shape or have such an awesome beard. You don't see many young men with such a look. I guess it is a bit of envy, really makes me strive to better my health. I really like the trimmed hairy chest with a lean body.

I was also talking to some of my friends and we feel that not enough young men (25-40) sport facial hair. I was surprised by the number of ladies who really dig facial hair. Men are generally impressed and show interest in very open and supportive ways, which really caught me off guard. I take it as a changing in the outlook on the different looks. Facial hair(and body hair) has received a bum rap the last few decades. We did agree that the stubble facial hair should not count as it isn't a real commitment to a look. You would be surprised what a different look the same guy could have with a stubble beard or a full beard. What is your take?

Anyway...

It got me thinking about the different looks for which people strive...

What is your look or the look you desire? (desire = look of person you wish to be with and/or look you wish you displayed)

Attached Files:

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

you're right about the facial hair -- when I sport a goatee, people seem to more aggressively show their interest

3. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Hairy! you've got to get out more. See the world. This guy looks like an inmate from an asylum who had a lot of time to work out in isolation.

If you looked like this you would definitely have a lot of solitude & privacy!

4. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    OMG!!!
    Looks like the guy is auditoning for the Ayatola to be a suicide bomber! Really!!!

I think I'd much rather enjoy seeing your Hairy Banana!!!

(the guy looks like he's part Ape!) LOL

And you want to look like that???

Now that's Scary! Yikes!

5. Omegaman

Omegaman Member

Albums:
    Do anyone know a good site for keeping a man beard?

6. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    beards.org is pretty old and still running.

OT: that guy on the pic looks photoshopped, his body proportionally smaller than his head, at least to me. Real or not, his body is very well defined, but you must also think that to have that definition level, you must be dehydrated, which what you do in bodybuilding before competitions, your skin goes thin as paper.

Since a couple of months i have been on and off with a full beard, thn i take the mustache out and regret and let it grow and so on.
    Having a beard is actually hard, i remember the longest uninterrupted beard i sported was like 10 years ago for half a year. Right now, i don't if i will continue, but it takes real effort not to use the trimmer and then philipshave!

Most girls prefer shaved guys, but most guys encourage their fellow men to grow one :confused:
    I did notice women (strangers) smiling more at me when with full beard than with the shaved look. Gils that i actually know areof the opinion a beard hides your face, therefore if you are ugly, it is a good option, but if you are good looking is a waste (in their opinion).

Just uploaded an example of a couple of weeks back (right now i am without mustache, though)

#6 vergax, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I really wish I could get the front of my hair to be silver/white instead of blonde (apparently, if they try to bleach it anymore, it's liable to come off), and the rest of my hair to be black, instead of brown.

Aside from that, I'm content with my looks, save I've got to get in better shape, loose some weight I've picked up. Shattered my ankle last year, and put on more weight while bedridden than I prefer.

As for the sort of look I desire, I really like martial artist type muscle tone. Not big and bulky, just toned. I also looooove black hair. I like goatees a lot. I find a touch of facial hair really adds a lot of texture to a guy's face. I don't like full beards, though.

8. morsecode

morsecode New Member

hello Rogue :biggrin1:

9. Khana

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    *chuckles* For note, I never followed X-men when I was younger, and I did my hair like this before the movie came out. While I nonetheless obtained the nickname "Rogue" in highschool (and subsequently used it when I got a job as an adult massage attendant), I was not aware that hairstyle was "taken" at the time of acquisition :p

I got it for a whole different reason. Just commenting >.> I've gotten accused of being obsessed with Rogue from X-men way too much :p

10. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    I am attracted to scrawny guys and find myself wishing I had a naturally scrawny build. I've accepted the fact that I have a healthy average-sized build, but it's not what I'm drawn to in men, and it's not my ideal for myself either. I wish I had more discipline when it came to working out.

As far as facial hair on men, goatees have caused me to write off many otherwise handsome guys. They are an absolute dealbreaker for me. I prefer all or nothing - a full beard, or clean-shaven. None of this selective facial hair business for me.

11. morsecode

morsecode New Member

I wish I looked like this guy

I'd bet I could get laid at last sad isn't it?

Attached Files:

12. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    morsecode - overdeveloped muscles and gaudy jewelry? maybe you'd get laid, but by all the wrong people...

13. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

LMAO....I love the Abercrombie Rasputin thing you have goin' in your av :biggrin1:

I get 5 o'clock shadow at noon, so just have to make the best of it as my 'signature' .

14. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Guidos make the world go 'round!

15. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Scrawny men you say? may i introduce myself...:biggrin1: im content with the way i look but i would like to be a bit more toned like i used to be before is stoppped going to the gym and started eating alot more. as for facial hair i want to grow a beard but im not man enough yet :frown1: My gf said if i grow a beard she'd refuse to kiss me so im thinking maybe i shouldnt, but i like to go for abit without shaving to get abit of a unneat look which is what seems to look best (and is easiest to uphold, obviously) for me

16. morsecode

morsecode New Member

Hey, I didn't say that I wanted to get some gnarly-looking-carrot-women...but I'm 100 % sure that that guy gets more action than me. Besides I was just joking, I don't really want to look like the biggest douchebag on Earth.

17. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I think the guy who is your icon is VERY HOT!

I used to have a long full untrimmed beard and I loved it and if I could look that way all the time I would.

I have had a wide variety of facial hair styles and they all look good on me.

I'm not muscular but I'm OK with having a runner/swimmer's build for my body type.

18. RedBear

RedBear New Member

Albums:
    I definite follow suit here. I have groomed myself to look like that which I am attracted to - goatee and flattop.

19. B_Castello

B_Castello New Member

The guy on the picture look like Ossama BenSmith

20. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I desire no facial hair on myself so I'm grateful I don't have much facial hair to shave off but a small mustache that doesn't even meet in the middle that I keep completely shaven off on a nightly basis whether there's actually anything to shave on my face or not. I shave my sideburns as well.

I typically don't like facial hair or body hair on other guys and hated and was turned off by it when I was younger. As I've gotten older, I've become way more accepting of it on other men WHEN IT WORKS. Sometimes I even find myself preferring it on select individuals b/c they just look odd without it.

For the most part though: No hair. Especially on skinny men. Works better on muscly men SOMETIMES.

Draft saved Draft deleted