Your (male) partner and concern for the environment

Airport Strip

Just Browsing
Media
Well, this is going to be a unique post and surely should get more positive feedback than the stupid shit that horny male fuckers post on here.

The question is as follows:

would you respect a potential/current mate for making the choice to ride a bike over a car permanently? All other factors considered equal, is the ability to take you places with a car a big factor in your choice to fuck em', leave em', or be with em' ?

In case I have not been clear, this question is only for women. That said, men can make comments on the subject.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No that personal choice would not make me choose to not be with him. However, if he were an extremist and tried to make me give up my car, refused to ride with me in my car to other places, etc then no I could not be with him. I respect the people who are willing to make such sacrifices but I dislike it when they look down upon me for my personal choices no matter how negative they may consider them.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, this is going to be a unique post and surely should get more positive feedback than the stupid shit that horny male fuckers post on here.

In case I have not been clear, this question is only for women.

I'm not going to get angry about your comment, and I know there are lots of guys on here that don't necessarily think all the time before they post, but its really not necessary to bash all the men on this board considering that this is a board about men and there penis'

Why are you limiting your responses to only women? What if it was reversed and the woman wanted to ride her bike? or a gay guy in a relationship?

No that personal choice would not make me choose to not be with him. However, if he were an extremist and tried to make me give up my car, refused to ride with me in my car to other places, etc then no I could not be with him. I respect the people who are willing to make such sacrifices but I dislike it when they look down upon me for my personal choices no matter how negative they may consider them.

Now my response to the OP:

I wouldn't get mad at a guy or choose not to date a guy if he wanted to only ride his bike, as long it was a true practical solution, I mean if he had a 20 mile commute to work or something and it was going to take him all morning or all night to get to/from work or other places then it could pose a problem.

And like scorpioslut said, It would be fine as long as he didn't force me to give up my car, or refused to ride in an automobile to go to places. And yea with the looking down thing, I mean if you drive a gas guzzling suv then you sorta deserve to be looked down on, especially if you have no real practical reason for owning it, when I say gas guzzling i mean like the most gigantic ones that get like 5-10mpg not like the toyota highlander variety.

I mean there is one thing with wanting to be environmental, but then there is practicality, and we can all do some of the simple things to be more environmental like doing our errands in order and combining them into single trips etc, but if he wouldn't let us go to the beach, or go out for the night because he thought it was "too far" then that would be an issue.

Airport Strip

Just Browsing
Media
I'm not going to get angry about your comment, and I know there are lots of guys on here that don't necessarily think all the time before they post, but its really not necessary to bash all the men on this board considering that this is a board about men and there penis'

Why are you limiting your responses to only women? What if it was reversed and the woman wanted to ride her bike? or a gay guy in a relationship?

Oh the irony! Since you refrained so will I. I will say this though, I am free to do as I please; I chose to exercise that freedom.

Thanks for contributing though, you actually made good points when you reflected on the question at hand.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't own a car.
if i need to get somewhere i can bus or train it.
i'd not mind a guy who made the same choice.
UNLESS he was an up tight green freak who launched into pompous lecture every hour on the hour.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
As long as he didn't try to make me do the same. I can see if we were just going to work and back (I would agree to do so), but I need a truck to survive in Canada. As well as pull a horse trailer.

Airport Strip

Just Browsing
Media
As long as he didn't try to make me do the same. I can see if we were just going to work and back (I would agree to do so), but I need a truck to survive in Canada. As well as pull a horse trailer.

Your from Canada too eh? You must be from either the North or the West if you are talking about trucks. Nice to meet you!

voyeuristic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Eco-consciousness has actually been an issue in many of my relationships. I'm definitely a lot more environmentally aware than most. Not only do I not drive (I never even got my license - I bicycle, take public transit, and even hitchhike when the situation calls for it), but I also make it a point of doing things like carrying stainless steel cutlery with me so I won't have to use throwaway plastic sporks. Several months ago, I went on a (vegan, for me!) pizza date with a guy who looked at me as if I were an alien when I pulled a reusable take-out container from my bag to put the leftovers in. "Do you carry that with you ALL THE TIME?" he asked, looking horrified. "Yeah, usually!" I admitted. It was true! I eat out often, so I like to have a way of transporting leftovers that doesn't involve styrofoam or unnecessary leakage. I knew that I'd sealed my fate, though. For him, I'd crossed the line. I guess it's good for these things to come out in the wash earlier rather than later.

Both of my current serious partners support my eco-nerdery, though they're far less vigilant about it than I am. My boyfriend never brings bags with him when we go grocery shopping, for instance, whereas I always have both big canvas ones and small plastic ones (for the produce). An ex of mine grated on me because he professed to care about the environment but didn't own a bicycle and would drive his car extremely short distances - 3 miles or so - that he felt were too long to walk. He made a lot of excuses for why he didn't have a bicycle but in the end I think it just came down to laziness - he lived in a subtropical climate in a city with great roads and conscientious drivers. I don't mind folks driving when it comes to a roadtrip, but for just tooling around town I feel really wasteful, and I've noticed that it puts people in bad moods when they have to deal with traffic, parking, etc. in the city center.

When I lived in the wine country, I used to commute to work on bicycle, 18 miles each way. Perhaps that's "extreme", but I really enjoyed the exercise - it's a nice stand-in for a pricey gym membership - and the scenery.

B_doc23cm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hah, total eco-nerd here! Cycle to work, but I still have a car for occasional use (some days I have to travel around for clinics and housecalls, so the bike wouldn't be practical then). My wife doesn't seem to mind, although I think she finds the tight lycra more risible than sexy.

I wouldn't freak out at the box for leftovers either. It would certainly find a home in the belly of me, my dog or my chickens. If I buy things online the cardboard boxes get composted too.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I think I agree with you. He would have to be otherwise 100% perfect though.:cool: Though truth be told I'm a bit of a car queen so if I were in the market for a man and Mr. Right appeared on a Schwinn instead of an Escalade. I'd still give him a chance but I would think him weird as I live in the country and there is no mass transit or taxis.

He can't prosletyze about how small his carbon footprint is compared to mine or he's out the door. I really do think this is a question for urban dwellers as I can't imagine anyone in these parts riding a bike to work. Most people in my town work in Atlanta which is 46 miles one way.