Your most hated TV advertisements = good publicity and name awareness?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is one of a series on UK TV just now and it seems universally despised. Good name awareness I know but do you think when it comes to advertising name awareness is more effective from a negative point of view than a positive one?

Will more people remember an irritating advert than a one they like?

ALL OF THEM!!!!!! aaaaargggggggggggggggh!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(sorry *in a bad mood*).

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is one of a series on UK TV just now and it seems universally despised. Good name awareness I know but do you think when it comes to advertising name awareness is more effective from a negative point of view than a positive one?

Will more people remember an irritating advert than a one they like?

I see what you mean. Someone needed to sneak up behind and hit him in the head with a large rubber mallet!

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It may create name awareness, but I'm one of those people that bad advertising just convinces me to never use a certain company's products. When the PS3 first came out, I so despised their ad campaign that I refuse to even play one. Similarly, I dislike Apple's OS, but their "I'm a Mac; I'm a PC" ad campaign just exuded such arrogant hipster douchebaggery that it convinced me to give up on them until they overhaul their image (which isn't bloody likely).

Media
There are several commercials in rotation on the networks here. My biggest complaint is they are so stupid and talk down to the public...

Who drives their car through the wall of a bathroom, emerging from the car with a cleaning solution in one hand and scrub brush in the other. All this over hard water spots on the shower wall?

I would beat somebody down in my family for doing that! LOL

Why not appeal to value, how well it works and how green the product its?

Personally, there is no bleach, harsh chemicals in my home. 90% are green biodegradable products that don't emit noxious fumes!

My car remains in the garage. ;-)

Last edited: