Your partners...

FunLovin.1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not sure if this has been talked about before or not.

I was wondering, those of you who are currently with someone how would they feel if they discovered you on this site?

I've been with someone for a few years now and the only place i can use the Internet is here, but i have always wondered will he go mad and think im going behind his back (When im not!! He is the only person i have been with) or will he be ok with it.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly I imagine he wouldn't be ok with it, I think if you've got a partner you should be as honest as you can with them and if you're using a site like this you should tell them.

I'm not with anyone at the moment and often wonder when I am if I'll tell them about this, of course if it's only a few dates it's none of their business and people might say it's none of their business even when it's turned into a full blown relationship, but really anything we feel the need to keep as a secret is something we know is probably wrong.

FunLovin.1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess i could tell him and if he doesnt like it i will tell him i was joking. Its not as if i am on here flirting or showing pictures of myself, the only pictures i have are the ones on my display picture on Msn and they are of my face.

I have only been here a few months so i can't picture him doing anything drastic and i don't think hes as innocent as he lets on anyway.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've spoken to a few people in the past on sites like this who hadn't told their partners but were a little uncomfortable that they hadn't told them, in the case of posters like you ( ones who didn't have loads of photos and hadn't been on the site for years) I'd always suggest they 'discover' the site while playing on the net with their partners, say 'oh how jolly this site looks like splendid fun' and suggest joining for a laugh, it means a new account but worrying you're found out is over.

FunLovin.1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thats not a bad idea :). I might try that the next time we are at the computer at the same time.

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I told my bf awhile back that I came to this site but we don't talk about it really and I don't think he realized I come here every day, more like he mighta thought I just found this site and came here a couple times. I sorta didn't really try to let on I come here a lot cuz I like him not really being here just cuz I talk to some people here about stuff and I dunno it's just better him not being here. He wasn't mad tho when I showed him the site he thought it was sorta cool. But I think maybe he just thought I looked at it once or twice, not posting and chatting w/people and stuff. He's pretty laid back but he did ask me not to post any naked pics of myself, just pg-13 pics.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My dude has an account here which he almost never uses. I don't visit this site when he's at my house or I'm in his apartment. He's average, and the posts here make him nervous and trigger his insecurities sometimes. But he is aware that I post here, knows why I post here, and so when we aren't hanging out together I do participate here.

However, my partner's reaction to this site is completely irrelevant to you. (Unless you and I have the same boyfriend.) This is a situation only you can really figure out. You knwo him, andyou know the boundaries of your relationship.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
my husband is sitting next to me on his laptop posting on slashdot.org.

+rep

I met my current partner through this site, so I I don't think she minds. I hope! :biggrin1:
I doubt I would mention this site to any other partner if I had one that I'd met in the 'real world' - in the past I've always tried to keep a distinction between my offline and online personas, LPSG blurred and has now almsot severed that line though. For the better. :redface:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess i could tell him and if he doesnt like it i will tell him i was joking.

I'm not too sure THAT is a good idea, cos its a lie, and where can your relationship go if you are not honest? Plus his suspicion would certainly increase regarding why you brought it up anyway. SP has a good idea about 'discovering' the site together- its better than hiding it or worrying .
Like NoStrings, I met my partner here so its often a shared activity for us, discussing some threads and even PM'ing each other from separate pc's in different rooms, lol!
I wouldn't tell someone if I were just casually dating, but in a relationship, I would definitely have let him know, rather than have him find out by other means. Hiding activities, especially online ones, seems to almost always reek of something one is ashamed of or afraid of revealing, thats not a good thing in a relationship.
Good luck!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't tell anyone about this. It's been a kind of curse for me...

Although I don't think it played a part in ending my most recent relationship, she found out some things that I wouldn't really want her to and she misinterpreted my wanting to help her as wanting to embarrass and belittle her...

We also used to joke about me being gay with JeffBlack :biggrin1: hehe.

As it is the psycho ex knows I come here, not sure if she knows my username but she got banned and said she wouldn't be back and I hope that's the case.

The Beautiful One is a member here and I guess doesn't want to talk to me :(

She checks up on me from time to time though, on the forum. Which is a bit of a pain really, in the literal as opposed to 'bother' sense...If she can read my posts why won't she talk to meeeeeeee :redface:

PS it would be an especially bad move if you tell your boyfriend, more especially if he isn't 'big' or secure with his size.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Like Sassy,No strings,Snoozan,Industrialsize and Altered Ego, my partner and I have come together behind this site.We know most of the same people here,talk on occasion to the same people,but most importantly, we don't hide what the other is doing on here.We both post here, me, I post in mostly serious type forums, and he likes to be a thread killa',lame joke teller!
If he has a problem with you being here I would want to know why? You aren't doing anything,I'm assuming, that you or he would be ashamed of,right? So it shouldn't be a big deal.
You mentioned you've been together a few years,but to me it sounds like maybe the relationship is not all it could be,If you have concerns that he'll
react badly.
I would have brought him in from the beginning like Mr. Ed did with me.
Best wishes,
cigarbabe:saevil:
ps,
I let Mr. Ed read everything, so he never feels like I'm doing anything, behind his back. If I watch some guy,on webcam or girl,he watches with me,it's a unique way to cum,come,together!

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am not sure if this has been talked about before or not.

I was wondering, those of you who are currently with someone how would they feel if they discovered you on this site?

I've been with someone for a few years now and the only place i can use the Internet is here, but i have always wondered will he go mad and think im going behind his back (When im not!! He is the only person i have been with) or will he be ok with it.

My gf sometimes looks at this site, both on her own and with me.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
+rep

I met my current partner through this site, so I I don't think she minds. I hope! :biggrin1:
I doubt I would mention this site to any other partner if I had one that I'd met in the 'real world' - in the past I've always tried to keep a distinction between my offline and online personas, LPSG blurred and has now almsot severed that line though. For the better. :redface:

This is my thread! Go find your own to post in. :tongue:

I feel blessed that I don't have to worry what my partner thinks of my frequenting this site since we met here.