Your Personal Wake Up Call.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Today I spent most of the day at the hospital with a friend who had a nasty medical scare, she's going to be fine if she does what she's told. In a few short hours her outlook has totally changed and I remember experiencing a similar re-evaluation of my life after the death of my father. What event made you put re-think things?

Reactions: roosevelt

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My ex's death, he was 27, and died after two years of battling Hodgkinson's. His spirit, just gave out.... I miss him every day.

Losing him made me want to do things I had always wanted to, to live out my dreams, before the chance got taken from me....

Getting myself fired from my last job at 40 culminating in the realization that it was killing me. I hated my job, my personal life, my living situation, my body, my loneliness, my inability to be focused, my fear, and my quick anger; particularly my fear.

If I do not change all this, I'll die.

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My second heart attack. I've been completely different since then.

Now I drink and smoke and cuss and fuck, and my quality of life is drastically improved.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have had two serious wake up calls and they were related. I'll share the first one.
Being told by my lover, soul mate, best friend and wife of 18 years that she didn't love me anymore. It took a long time to get over it, in fact if I dwell on it, I can still have sleepless nights. The hurt and anger and sadness of those two years taught me never to take love for granted. If it is to last, love needs to be maintained and continually re-newed. She and I are still very close and I have been getting signals from her that she would like to be together again. But I don't think I could risk it with her again. The pain was too much.