Your Relationship With Your Ego

What is your relationship with your ego?

• It takes over sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know what an ego does

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
This is how I define ego:

The ego is the image you create of yourself after interacting and collecting feedback from the physical world.
It is your brain's version of self and often controls your emotions, your feelings and can be both protective and agressive, controlling thought patterns and behaviour.
It is seperate from the soul or the conscious being that is controlling your body. Before your ego is created you experience your true self as a baby.
There is often conflict between your ego and true self, meditation and psychedelics can help you find balance and react differently to your ego's constant commentary. Otherwise it can make you do very bad things or feel terrible...on the positive side it can motivate you to become very successful in life.

Do you have a different understanding of the ego and its purpose?

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ego is a good thing when it is balanced. It can give someone confidence and the courage to try something new. However an ego based upon just existing and I’m great because I’m me is egotistical. However an ego based upon accomplishments and hard work to me is fine. It needs of course to remain in balance.