Your response to "size doesn't matter"

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I'm pretty sure that the prevailing wisdom is that technique and chemistry are more important than penis size, but that aside, here's a question for the ladies:

Do you have friends that truly believe the maxim "size doesn't matter?" What do you say if they make that assertion?

I bet some interesting discussions arise if a woman within an all-female group of friends says "size doesn't matter."

I don't argue with people
unless the girl is hot and then I use it as a form of flirting
generally I just say you can teach a big dicked guy anything you want him to know about sex
but a skilled small guy is still small
of course some women are just small to and prefer that

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Problem is, many people confuse the phrase "size does matter" with "size has a direct correlation with the potential sexual gratification that can be caused by the wielder".

I sometimes try and explain that it matters even on a basic, biological level; a 1 inch penis would have great difficulty impregnating anyone, and a penis with 10 inch girth would likely have just as much trouble.

Of course it goes waaaay beyond that, but it's a simple explanation for what are usually simple minds. Without going into many details about sex that the general populous are too narrowminded to comprehend. :rolleyes::frown1:

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only talk to a few girls about sex in real life but I chat w/some people online too and it seems to be it has to do a lot just w/how you're built or how you orgasm and all that. Maybe everyone cares about size but not everyone cares the same amount and for some people bigger isn't always better?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually have had "that" conversation before, and no, I didn't mention specific guys, but just generalities on size preferences. Most of the women I talked to about it had a size preference for average guys, and felt that big guys were TOO big and would hurt them. Others were in the "size doesn't matter" category. A few (actually surprisingly very few) were in the "prefer moderately above average" category.

Some of them probably think I'm crazy for my preference for big guys but hey, not all women are built the same, and the ones who say that big guys would hurt them, well, that's probably true for them. (besides, that means more big guys for ME!!! :biggrin1:)

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont really have that kind of conversation with friends so no idea of their preferences. But i am realizing for me size is becoming more of an issue. Or maybe im starting to realize that i am allowed to have a preference for a larger cock and not feel like a bitch for it by discriminating against the smaller/average sized guys.

Agreed.

guyface

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. And other things in the world matter too.

The most my girlfriend has said about the issue is "size does matter, [but] you are perfect". She says it fits her inside her perfectly. And I can tell she loves the guy attached to the dick (me), more than the dick itself, however big or small it could be.
She tells me all time that it's the perfect size for her, which is good because she has expressed interest (mild awe) in rumors about well endowed guys. I felt a little bad about that, but I understand that it's just awe, like when you see a girl with a perfect rack, it doesn't make much sense to try to pursue that girl just because of what a physical attribute alone.
I like certain body types, usually fit or slim, little or no belly, nice compact, round butt, b or c cup breasts. A pretty face.
These are just things i find attractive. My girlfriend has none of these, except for a very pretty face I have fallen in love with. Though she is very soft around the middle, has small breasts, doesn't look like the perfect girl for me, ect.., I love her and wouldn't ever leave her just because I could find someone with a nicer body.
I'm sure she could find someone with a better dick than me, but I know she wouldn't leave me to experience one, or like me less, if we were apart and she had one.

So does size matter? Of course it does.
It matter if the relationship is just about sex, but even then, a big dick might not make great sex.
How about in a close relationship? How much does it matter?
Well, how much does it matter how sexy your partner looks? How long they can go for in sex? How many times they can make you orgasm?
I'm sure they all matter a lot, but there is usually something that matters a lot more in a relationship, and that is how much you love them.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
It's bullshit that someone (including yourself) might consider you a bitch for preferring well-hung guys. As long as you are respectful and considerate of guys that don't meet your preference, it is no-one's business to tell you what you should or should not prefer.

I've never heard of anyone getting pissed about a woman expressing a preference of, say, well-muscled arms on a guy. After all, when someone says "I won't date him because he's not my type" they could be referring to his personality or his physique and no-one thinks there is anything wrong with that. There's a wide range of things that different people are attracted to in a mate, and there's no difference between preferring a well-hung male than preferring a dark-haired male.

Kudos to you Lee for realizing it's okay to go after what you want. :)

As women it seems we are automatically programed that we shouldn't tell men they are small or admit we prefer bigger. Even when i started talking to a few of the SPH guys here i couldn't get the concept of it and kept trying to be diplomatic about it. But now i do realize that it is okay to admit it just as men are allowed to admit they like big boobs.

Maybe the men need to toughen up and stop being so insecure and sensitive about their lack of size

AlisCool

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I have only had sex with two Women a Girlfriend and MY X wife they both told me I have the GOODS I know I am good with my package that I was born with it is not small I am not gay and SIZE does not and should not matter ever in a Relationship if it does matter the Girl or Woman has a problem.

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

As women it seems we are automatically programed that we shouldn't tell men they are small or admit we prefer bigger. Even when i started talking to a few of the SPH guys here i couldn't get the concept of it and kept trying to be diplomatic about it. But now i do realize that it is okay to admit it just as men are allowed to admit they like big boobs.

Maybe the men need to toughen up and stop being so insecure and sensitive about their lack of size

I think you just confirmed the reason why a lot of men feel like they can't believe a woman when she says she doesn't care about size. I don't think that many guys think women are lying per se, just that they think it looks bad for them to say it because of they are "automatically programed" and can't admit it.

The toughening up bit is a lot easier said than done... No one chooses to be insecure or feel bad about a body part after all. Just ask any woman who thinks her breasts are too small or her ass is too flat.

Sometimes (and I'm not accusing you of this in particular) I get the impression that a lot of women think a man should not be subject to this kind of insecurity about themselves. An insecurity that EVERY woman I have met and talked to long enough has expressed about some part of themselves...

I guess it's just not "manly"??

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
that's stupid to say Lee_M, you are insecure about something BECAUSE it's important to other people
you can't go the other way
that would be like me staring at some girls tits and telling a flatchested girl she just shouldn't care...

Ldnn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Inclined to not want to damage a man's ego" perhaps is a better way of saying it?

It's an entirely different thing though - telling someone they are small is similar to saying "You have a huge backside" or "Rather cavernous pussy you have there...". It may be a fact, but it doesn't mean you should say it - I'd call that just being polite. Deal with what you have in front of you or get someone else:)

Admitting you prefer bigger is just a personal preference - I personally like a girl with a nice backside and don't care much for the specifics of her breasts (don't be wrong, I -love- breasts, but I love them more because they are hers and I get to play with them, not because they are any specific size/shape).

Similary, I'd never say something like "Usually I prefer girls with bigger tits, sorry you can't go home with me" - because again I see it as rude. It is something they cannot change, so how does it help either of us mentioning it?

I have no (long term) problem with breaking up with people because they are lazy/rubbish in bed/clingy and so on, but frankly if someone broke up with me because of my cock size I'd be a) suprised and b) think I'm better off without her. If a girl did it on a night out I'd consider it to be her loss and go on with things, however I think b. would still apply:)

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Could you clarify what you mean by "automatically programmed"?

I think this applies to many life situations, not just male endowment.
Those who are brutally honest and hurt others feelings regularly aren't doing themselves any favors socially. We learn this isn't the way to go through life.

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being nice is not "automatically programmed". Being nice by not saying anything unkind is a learned social behavior.

If a behavior is automatically programmed to me that implies instinct or at least something that doesn't need to be taught to small children. It sounded to me that's what Lee_M was saying - that women are instinctively programmed (by evolution?) to not admit to preferring bigger sizes or telling men they're small.

Ldnn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, automatic programming isn't possible, no doubt hence the quotation marks.

She means social conditioning.

And women are perhaps instinctively inclined to not be brutally honest if it causes them to hurt the feelings of others. However this is not exclusive to women or penis size. It just isn't smart.

shortcomings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do any guys care how big their girlfriends breasts are? If they're "too small," do you move on to someone with a bigger set? My wife's breasts are incredibly small, and I love them - and also love who they're attached to. She feels the same about my dick.

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do any guys care how big their girlfriends breasts are?

I have two male friends for whom having less than D-cups is a dealbreaker. That's the smallest size they'll go for but they both prefer much larger. They refuse to date or go out with any woman with less. I don't meet their cup requirements for anything more than being a friend.

So yes...I'd say rejections based on physical size happens on the male side of the fence too. But I notice they don't get called names or are told they're shallow for admitting women they date must be D cup or larger.