Your tax-dollars spent in Iraq

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye@Jun 22 2004, 04:05 PM

Pop quiz -- how many of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Iraqi?)
Let me take a wild ass guess here, oh, maybe NONE??? And another fun fact to know and bitch about...as of today, the "war" in Iraq has so far cost every man, woman and child in America $499. And growing. Fasten your seat belts...it's going to be a bumpy (catastrophic event that changes the course of the world) night. :(

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by MarkSavage@Jun 22 2004, 08:03 PM
Did I mention I HATE POLITICS?

You don't have to like Kerry or Bush, but I do think it's important to remember that whoever is President will likely appoint at least 2 Supreme Court judges who will be there for the rest of their lives. I think that's one of the most important reasons why we should care about who wins.
[/quote]
The Supreme Court has the power and I don't think we need two more "Bushies" on the bench. Did I mention I HATE POLITICIANS?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Saddam Hussien was known to pay the families of suicide bombers substantial sums.
But not terrorists of global reach. Why does Bush do nothing about domestic terrorism here?

And in case you forgot, North Korea and China have nuclear weapons already.
And in case you forgot, Iran and Libya didn't. Until Khan sold them.

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But not terrorists of global reach. Why does Bush do nothing about domestic terrorism here?

What makes you think he isn't. It probably isn't making headlines is the problem.

Busting in hippies' heads just don't bring in the readers like it used to.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by nlatimer@Jun 22 2004, 10:34 PM
What makes you think he isn't. It probably isn't making headlines is the problem.

Busting in hippies' heads just don't bring in the readers like it used to.
What makes me think he isn't? I don't see anyone prosecuting Aryan Nations. I don't see anyone prosecuting Wise Use. I don't see anyone prosecuting Wise Use. I don't see anyone prosecuting neo-Confederates. And this applies as much to animal rights loonies (who are pretty much the only terrorists on the Left right now) as it does to the above groups.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 23 2004, 04:43 PM
I don't see anyone prosecuting Aryan Nations. I don't see anyone prosecuting Wise Use. I don't see anyone prosecuting Wise Use. I don't see anyone prosecuting neo-Confederates.
Now, now children. We all know you don't rat out your friends.

fatcock86: It could be Cuba. Bush recently stepped up attempts to instigate an overthrow of the government, increased CIA activity, and many other things.

maverackstud8: lets politics off the message board.

I like my brit cousins,but if your voting here the USA,your opion dosen't matter.
And terrorist are scum-bottom line.If your not again-your for em.

This isn't the 1960's.get over it.

LoveGirl:
Originally posted by maverackstud8@Jun 26 2004, 12:34 PM
lets politics off the message board.

I like my brit cousins,but if your voting here the USA,your opion dosen't matter.

Fans of Bush sure are the best and the brightest!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by maverackstud8@Jun 26 2004, 04:34 AM
lets politics off the message board.

I might get behind Bush, if he actually did something to fight terrorism. But did you know that, even though they knew where Osama bin Laden was, they didn't go into the area where he was until two months after the invasion of Afghanistan? They spent those two months guarding the construction of a pipeline for (guess who?) Halliburton. And Iraq has nothing to do with al Qaeda. For reference, al Qaeda gets most of their funding from Saudi Arabia, Osama bin Laden's Saudi, and 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. Oh, wait, those are Bush's buddies, aren't they?

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Incidentally, the US government also financially remunerates the families of service personnel who are killed while on active duty.  (oh, but that's different, you say!)

This is almost one of the sickest arguements I've ever heard.

Of course it is different.

The US government gives money ("financially remunerates") the families of soldiers who have fallen in the field fighting our enemies.

Saddam Hussien and his government gave money to homicide bombers who killed and injured innocent civilians.

Killing those who shoot at you is very different from killing the elderly and small children.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by nlatimer@Jun 26 2004, 09:46 PM
The US government gives money ("financially remunerates") the families of soldiers who have fallen in the field fighting our enemies.

Saddam Hussien and his government gave money to homicide bombers who killed and injured innocent civilians.

Killing those who shoot at you is very different from killing the elderly and small children.

1. Your "elderly and small children" line constitutes a Bambi defense -- it's intended to emotionalize your statement. Unless you are actually asserting that some human lives are more valuable than others, depending on their age, you are trying to manipulate the argument with an irrelevant but tear-jerking detail.

2. Thus far, at least 7350 civilians have been killed in Iraq as a direct result of coalition military action. This is approximately three times the number of civilian deaths caused by Iraqi resistance forces during the same time, and approximately 2.5 times the WTC death toll on 9/11. The US does not, as a policy, deny survivor benefits to the families of soldiers whose actions cause civilian deaths. So, in fact, we too pay the families of soldiers who kill people who weren't "shooting at them", even if their victims happened to be the elderly and small children.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the interest of expediency, let me propel this discussion forward. You may counter by pointing out there's a difference between targeting civilians (which "they" did), and incidental civilian deaths that occur when striking at military targets (which "we" do).

If you choose to counter in this fashion, be prepared to answer this question: Do you accept the deaths of the passengers on AA flight 77 more easily than those on UA flight 175, because the former died in an attack on a military target?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I have a video from the gun camera of an Apache helicopter shooting civilians, if anyone's interested. MPEG format. It was shown in all the Coalition countries, except the US. The corporate media's a bunch of pussies.

Oh, and nlatimer, "homicide bomber" is just more political correctness. Being against such linguistic masturbation was one of the few times I was with the Right.

maverackstud8: OK,LET ME GET THIS RIGHT?

I support America and an anti-terrorist.orperations.
And that make ,me like the kkk?

hello.maybe you people need a reality check?

I think you should stick the subjects of big dick,because with politics you don't know a thing about anything except lots dum shit you think you know.You don't even got a clue.

Or maybe you cheered along with Bin Ladin as the twine towers fell.And Sadam wasn't an animal-fucking his country up right and left.

I'm sorry,but people the kkk,anti american nuts in armed compounds think like that.
Everyone I talk to isn;t supporting little Hollyweird villes on the war.

Sorry,the protest of the 1960's is way fucking dead.The current,anti war protest were by little faggit men,affraid somebody might draft their girl asses and little twit girls freinds,might die for inportant.As if the military would have those losers for water boy service,let along anything else.

OK,LOVE GAL MADAME-YOUR BOTH IDIOTS OK.

Did I come to here dopes opinions on politics-and Hello,even Bush gets booted your candidate-who ever the hell that is -ain't do anything different,except in the mind of stupid people like you two.Whoever gets elected is going carry the world as it is-not dopes you think is.
The war on terrorism,ain't go away because some new guys gets elected.

If had a clue to what the fuck your talking,you'd shut the fuck up in the first place and remain quite.
Good,day and stop WATCHING.MTV-IT'S for MORONS.
God Christ-youth is waisted on the young.

I thought maybe people smarter that this-but duh guess not.

I know,we should not get involved-stay out of war.Right ?
Is that the asshole thinking ?
OK,when the crazy fucks cut more american heads,bomb the shit out more hospitals and such and such,maybe you assholes can cheer Hurray,fuck america.fuck anyone who that isn't selfless little old me anyway right?.
But I guess none that’s important to you-just your nieve grade school look on the world.
Sorry,maybe to you anyone is total dum shithead or sticks up-and supports the troops is something of old Archie Bunker farts do,but people who support terrorist are just as bad-maybe worst.And if your not against them-your for em.We either fight these bastard or they bury us.There no middle road.Because if they had their the free world would a stinking radioactive wasteland-count on it,stupid people.Ok,they want us all dead.Not the people you don't like-everybody.the USA,GREAT BRITAIN.CANADA,YOU NAME THE COUNTRY.Ok.got It?
bar nobody.Thank god bastards don't nuclear weapons or we'd all be dead.
And you don't like the USA,buses leaves other countries.
Try the Mid East.Maybe thing'll be different if ,it your head getting the axe-instead of somebody else.

I think guys and girls of the military are doing a thankless job,that evil bastard you are shitting them by your 12 year old twit opinions.But I guess to throw hippie narrow minded-everyone in uniform is a nazi-right ?
Right.Whatever you say.

Rename this board Tales the Bizzarro World.

OK,GROW UP,THE LOTS OF YOU.

But do I know,I'm not precious you-all knowing all seeing you.