Your tax-dollars spent in Iraq

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I think you should stick the subjects of big dick,because with politics you don't know a thing about anything except lots dum shit you think you know.You don't even got a clue.
I won't even point out the irony of this paragraph, if only because you're too "dum" to know what irony is.

Or maybe you cheered along with Bin Ladin as the twine towers fell.And Sadam wasn't an animal-fucking his country up right and left.
There is no connection between al Qaeda and Iraq. Even Bush admits that he has no evidence of a connection. Saddam's worst time was when Reagan and Bush Sr were funding him. The US was backing the Taliban as late as March 2001, even though they were harboring the guy who blew up the Cole and American embassies in Africa.

Everyone I talk to isn;t supporting little Hollyweird villes on the war.
Strange that Britney Spears supports Bush. So does Arnold Schwarzenegger. But I agree we should get Hollyweird out of politics; the last time an actor was president, he dealt in drugs and weapons to fund a war with a democratically-elected government in Nicaragua which happened to be slightly left of center.

Sorry,the protest of the 1960's is way fucking dead.The current,anti war protest were by little faggit men,affraid somebody might draft their girl asses and little twit girls freinds,might die for inportant.As if the military would have those losers for water boy service,let along anything else.
Strange how that includes four-star generals and former CIA operatives. Strange how those who support the war -- Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld -- never served in active duty. (In all fairness, Bush had a desk job in the National Guard.) But I will say that Jessica Lynch, who is sick of Bushies distorting her story, is a bit feminine.

OK,LOVE GAL MADAME-YOUR BOTH IDIOTS OK.
More irony. Or maybe your Engrish lessons are just getting along.

Did I come to here dopes opinions on politics-and Hello,even Bush gets booted your candidate-who ever the hell that is -ain't do anything different,except in the mind of stupid people like you two.Whoever gets elected is going carry the world as it is-not dopes you think is.
Then don't click on the thread. This is the "off-topic" forum, after all.

The war on terrorism,ain't go away because some new guys gets elected.
Then how will it go away? Oh, I forgot: It won't, for the same reason the war with Eurasia wouldn't go away in 1984.

Good,day and stop WATCHING.MTV-IT'S for MORONS.
Personally, I get my news from BBC America and the university station. I also subscribe to the local paper and to several newsgroups.

OK,when the crazy fucks cut more american heads,bomb the shit out more hospitals and such and such,maybe you assholes can cheer Hurray,fuck america.fuck anyone who that isn't selfless little old me anyway right?.
The US bombed hospitals. As for dead Americans, let's not forget about the Iraqi civilians killed. I mean, the people executed at Falluja were invading another country; half of them were mercenaries.

But I guess none that’s important to you-just your nieve grade school look on the world.
More irony.

Sorry,maybe to you anyone is total dum shithead or sticks up-and supports the troops is something of old Archie Bunker farts do,but people who support terrorist are just as bad-maybe worst.And if your not against them-your for em.We either fight these bastard or they bury us.There no middle road.Because if they had their the free world would a stinking radioactive wasteland-count on it,stupid people.Ok,they want us all dead.Not the people you don't like-everybody.the USA,GREAT BRITAIN.CANADA,YOU NAME THE COUNTRY.Ok.got It?
Even more irony. Oh, for reference, they don't have nukes. Except for Pakistan, whom we curiously haven't invaded. And Iran and Libya, who got their technology from the Pakis. But then again, Saudi Arabia supports al Qaeda with more money than anyone, and we haven't invaded them either.

And you don't like the USA,buses leaves other countries.
This sentence doesn't parse and smacks of fascism if I have it correctly. Quite frankly, my ancestors have been here for tens of thousands of years, your government forces us to be citizens, and the only jobs we can get would be serving in your wars because all our natural resources are held in "trust", much like the new policy for Iraq's natural resources.

Try the Mid East.Maybe thing'll be different if ,it your head getting the axe-instead of somebody else.
As soon as you go to the "moderate" countries in that region, like Egypt (clitoridectomy), Turkey (denial of what they did to the Armenians), Saudi Arabia (I don't even know where to begin.), or Israel (Hey, you can be shot with one of the US's own Apache helicopters, given to the Israelis as part of a foreign-aid package!).

I think guys and girls of the military are doing a thankless job,that evil bastard you are shitting them by your 12 year old twit opinions.But I guess to throw hippie narrow minded-everyone in uniform is a nazi-right ?
http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What do I think of how my tax dollars are being spent in Iraq?

I wish more of my tax dollars were being spent to rebuild schools, train teachers, upgrade hospitals, fight illiteracy, hire police officers and firefighters, improve roads, repair bridges, protect the environment, boost voter turnout, etc, here rather than in Iraq.

I really, really, really would like to see more incentive to invest in renewable energy resources so we could be be free of political and military entanglements related to petroleum in the middle east.

SG

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by tracksuitboy@Jun 26 2004, 12:17 PM
According to that poll the next election is going to be as tight as the last. I hope FLorida can get its act together this time.
TSB:

As jonb pointed out in a post some months ago, some U.S. voting districts are going to use electronic voting machines which have since been shown to be faulty, unreliable and easy to sabotage.

If the election is close this November, and it sure looks like it will be, God only knows what the consequences will be if there are irregularities in the vote tallying and any subsequent recounts. Tension is high here, to say the least.

SG

overshot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Really, there is no difference between a Republican or Democratic president now. Everyone in office is so middle of the road these days that its getting harder and harder to tell the difference. A lot of it has to do with the huge majority of Americans who don't vote or who don't know anything about any of the candidates and just stick with voting democrat or republican. It's terrible how so many young people take things they see on obviously biased cable news stations at face value when they are lined with leaning views (Fox for Republicans, CNN for Liberals).

The only things that could help are if Jesse Ventura actually won the presidential election in '08 (Since he is nearly Libertarian) or enough people vote 3rd party to make the largest two start evaluating their views to get back their voters. Maybe I'm just being an optimist when I think that Americans could get smarter.

-Rick

BRMSTN69: another hot topic , I think the important thing to remember here is that our elected leaders started the war, our troops are only doing thier duty and should not be held responsible for our leaders actions,we the people bear the responsibility for our leaders actions, we elected them(I know not many people here voted for Bush, but I'm speaking of America as a nation)don't blame the troops they deserve our respect and support no matter what our leaders have done, and they don't want to be there either. Thats the problem with the military, you can't choose your fights thier chosen for you, like it or not.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, most politicians are right of center anymore. I mean, Clinton was more Reaganesque than Bush Sr in some policies. (Thankfully, Clinton didn't include Reagan's biggest failure: Supply-side economics.) It's funny because most people don't vote anymore; in fact, did you know that many of the Republican Congressmen elected in 1994 won by only a couple thousand votes? Nationwide, it was only 38,838.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, and as for third parties, they really hurt more than they help right now. I mean, if it weren't for Nader, Florida would've been irrelevant. I mean, were they semi-sentient, they would use this power to back a particular candidate, much like an ultraconservative party in the Israeli Knesset whose name I forget: Anyway, in the Knesset, this party controls everything because without their vote, nothing can be done.

It'd be better if the two-party system didn't exist. I mean, ultimately, one can be pro-life, a eugenist, or pro-choice. I've seen pro-lifers who like to make it look like the argument's between the former two, but there are clearly three sides to the issue, not two.

overshot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Supply-side economics is amazing because it acutally does work, but its too late at night for me to start a rant. :)

A 3rd party vote isn't a wasted vote, its a vote for change. (sounds like a slogan, and I think it is)

And, I've been reading some articles recently about eliminating income taxes and replacing them with sales tax. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...s/s_197371.html
Very interesting stuff.

LoveGirl:
Originally posted by overshot@Jun 29 2004, 04:06 AM
Supply-side economics is amazing because it acutally does work
lol

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by overshot@Jun 28 2004, 08:06 PM
Supply-side economics is amazing because it acutally does work.
Yeah, it works, if you happen to be in the top 1%. They get half of Bush's tax cuts.

The estate tax and capital gains tax generally only affect the rich. I'll give Bush the caveat that the capital gains tax does affect all shareholders, but very few people own that much stock. The estate tax had a clauses saying that only millionaires were affected, but Bush lied and claimed that some poor farmers had to sell their farms to pay it off. (I've started calling it the Paris Hilton tax just to kill this "estate tax = death tax" meme.)

In terms of debt, supply-side generates quite a bit of it. Reagan and Bush Sr. had record debts. Or at least they were record -- until Bush Jr. came in. Basically, in order to pay off pipe dreams like Star Wars, Reagan, Bush, and Bush borrowed money rather than raise taxes. But here's the thing: If you borrow too much, eventually no one will lend you any money. And that, my friend, is why supply-side economics is like perpetual motion.

maverackstud8: Well,maybe but pipe dreams come in all sizes and forms.
Anyone expects the current or new guy to give a shit about the poor folk is dreaming