Your thoughts about homosexuality

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by MisterMark, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Which words and phrases describe your feelings about same-sex attractions?

1. Perfectly natural

76.3%
  2. Disgusting

1.4%
  3. Acceptable to most of society

21.6%
  4. Birth defect or mental disorder

2.9%
  5. Exciting/arousing

28.1%
  6. The idea of gay sex makes me laugh

4.3%
  7. I have/have had same-sex attractions

38.8%
  8. Strange/weird/mysterious

7.2%
  9. I would be happy with a gay son or daughter

33.1%
  10. Should be illegal

0.7%
  1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tell us how you really feel about same-sex attractions and those who identify as "gay", "bi", or even "straight".

#1 MisterMark, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

If I wasn't okay with it, I wouldn't be here and showing myself off.
    I'm really okay with it. We can't change it, so let them be happy. It's not a disease or so.
    I must admit that sometimes gay people around me can make me uncomfterable. But not because I'm afraid that they want me or so :tongue:. I don't know why. But I'm really cool with it all.

3. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Okay, I'm already intrigued! :smile:

You say you're really okay with it, but then you say you're sometimes uncomfortable around gay people. Why do you think that is?

4. D_Jared Padalicki

Tbh, I only have that when they act girly...
    I don't like the fact that those persons who act girly thinks that is the stereotype that they have to be.
    What I already read here is that it can be so hard to be gay and coomming out because people think gay people are girly because of those people who made it a stereotype. Sorry if I offend people with this. But come on, not every gay person girly! Just act normal.

5. dj30905

dj30905 New Member

Albums:
    Fine with me...I've actually found that it can be more fun around gay people..Probably 'cause most don't really give a fuck what others think and they tend to be more fun to party with. Sometimes a little uncomfortable, but just around the really feminine gays. I don't know why, but it's something I haven't gotten over. I'd rather be around a gay or bi guy that acts like a guy. As for relationships...I don't mind at all. I've learned that the most important part of a relationship is love for each other. If there is love in that relationship, then it's fine with me. Another thing that gets to me is all the guys who wanna stare and say 'gross'. My solution to the problem: Quit staring and leave them the hell alone. If it bothers you that much, then why are you still looking? If two guys or two girls wanna be together, it shouldn't matter, especially if it has absolutely no effect on your life.

6. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    :tongue: But what if acting "girly" is normal for some guys?

What percentage of gay men act girly because they think they're supposed to act that way? I think it's a very small number, but I get the impression that a lot of people (mostly straight) think that many gay men act girly on purpose. Even they are exaggerating certain characteristics, shouldn't people be able to act however they want if they're not harming others?

I'm not criticizing. I just enjoy picking apart the details of how people think.

#6 MisterMark, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. D_Jared Padalicki

By girly I mean, gays who wear girls clothes with normal clothes. High heels. use make-up... high voice... and shake their ass like a girl...
    if you have one of these features, that is okay, no problem with that. Every guy had something like that. But don't put them together lol.
    Maybe I'm just annoyed because I know two gay people who act so girly that even the girls are ashamed about their behaviour!

8. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

I think everyone has the right to happiness and if being straight isn't going to make you happy then go for it :smile:

9. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

To be honest, I dont think I will ever know how I feel about it because I have no attraction to males beyond myself. My 1% is because I find dick to be interesting, and my own to be arousing, which is why I'm on this site. Yet, I do have my own idea of why it exist, and its sort of a whatever sort of deal. It is what it is, I just leave it alone. Aint my cup of tea, so far I've only found women attractive and maybe giraffes, lol. J/p.

10. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    You mean - like RuPaul? :tongue:

Rupaul

RuPaul is fierce, man! :wink:

11. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I went with:
    Perfectly natural
    The idea of gay sex makes me laugh
    I have/have had same-sex attractions
    I would be happy with a gay son or daughter

Unfortunately, I couldn't click on "Acceptable to most of society" - I wanted to, I think it should be, but I don't think it is.

I don't know what you meant by "The idea of gay sex makes me laugh" but why I chose that is because it just sometimes does! In a good way. A few times in my life I've been told / realised that a certain person was gay and it has twigged that that 'close friend' must be his lover and for some reason that has made me giggle a few times. I dunno why - it isn't a negative thing.

12. D_Jared Padalicki

That is dragqueen lol, that is a different thing lol

13. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I didn't explain that one very well. I mean "laughter" as in "it makes me nervous" or "I think it's silly or something to be mocked". Oh well. Next time I'll get it right. :smile:

14. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    So if RuPaul is out of character, he should act according to your definition of "masculine", right?

I'm just picking on you - no harm intended. :wink: Answer if you wish.

15. D_Jared Padalicki

It's probably difficult to explain. Especialy in english for me.
    Imagine a guy, who walks like a girl. speaks with a high voice and pretend that he is everything, the best in the world and that only he knows what is right. Does his nails in the classroom. Give comments too girls that those pantiehoses won't fit him well.
    Well that annoys me, and I already met a few.

16. D_Penelope Clitstop

D_Penelope Clitstop New Member

I went for Perfectly Natural, Exciting/Arousing and I have/have had same sex attractions

17. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, but what if you just laughed at guys like that? This is an area of great interest to me, because homosexuality gets a wide range of reactions from people, from disgust to hatred to mockery.

I think that maybe if you can learn to laugh at gay men who are feminine, it might be a healthier reaction. It's not the best reaction, probably, but I think it's better to laugh than to feel anger toward them.

18. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    aww.. That's sweet of you. I'm not sure if most parents would be that accepting and willing to speculate that his or her child is probably gay. It says good things about you. :smile:

19. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:

You know...I actually have to agree here. GRANTED people should be who they are...but I know SOME gay guys are WAY over the top in their actions but its not always girly. I think everyone has had this feeling about some people in the community. HOWEVER, it's the same in the Straight world too. Some guys are sooo insecure with themselves they act hypermasculine, overbearing. I think it all boils down to insecurity and also the lack of or personal need for attention that makes them "kick it up a notch." BAM! (Emeril Legasse) :) hahah

20. D_Jared Padalicki

Oh, but I do laugh with them. I'm friendly too them. But they annoye me too. And not only me.
    Don't mind if you are straight, bi, gay, transsexual. Im fine with it. It's so cool to see gay people for example that walk hand in hand, not scared to do that. That is so cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted