Your thoughts of online dating?

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met my husband on this website 2 years ago, in the chat room. . We took a chance and got to know each other. then we started online dating. then we met.. and we got married. Our wedding photos are in my profile album. It is possible to meet someone on here. Its possible to have a (happily ever after). Have faith. Amazing things can happen.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you gave up after only having some online contact with 3 women, then you didn't give it enough time. You may have to go through a dozen or more before you find one that can meet in person, and even then it may not work out. Sorry, but it can be hard work, and in the situation you described that you are in, it will be hard work! :)

I just used those 3 examples to sum up my overall experience with online dating sites. As I mentioned before, I've been trying this of and on for years and I recently decided to give it a serious shot. Honestly, I rarely ever even get a single response and all the ones that did reply always turned out to be something negative.

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My wife and I met through online dating - but like dating, it can take meeting a lot of people before you find the right person for something longer term. And there is a much lower investment required to pass on someone. Its much easier to ignore an email or a "wink" than it is to ignore someone that is at the bar talking to you. I feel as though profiles make it even easier for people to be shallow and dismissive. It is really hard to live up to someone else's "perfect boyfriend" checklist that they put together for the site.

For me - I had a string of unsuccessful dates with women that caused me to challenge what I thought I wanted. On paper, these women were exactly to my likes and interests. But in person, there was no spark or they didn't live up to the profile. I changed tactics and used online dating as a way to step out of my usual interests and happily found someone who shared some interests but not all interests - allowing us to each be our own people while still enjoying our time together.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and I met through online dating - but like dating, it can take meeting a lot of people before you find the right person for something longer term. And there is a much lower investment required to pass on someone. Its much easier to ignore an email or a "wink" than it is to ignore someone that is at the bar talking to you. I feel as though profiles make it even easier for people to be shallow and dismissive. It is really hard to live up to someone else's "perfect boyfriend" checklist that they put together for the site.

For me - I had a string of unsuccessful dates with women that caused me to challenge what I thought I wanted. On paper, these women were exactly to my likes and interests. But in person, there was no spark or they didn't live up to the profile. I changed tactics and used online dating as a way to step out of my usual interests and happily found someone who shared some interests but not all interests - allowing us to each be our own people while still enjoying our time together.

Apps like tinder are even more shallow, you simply just look at some of their photos from facebook and you either swipe left or right to indicate you find them attractive or not. I can only imagine how much worse this type of stuff will get in the next 20 years or so as everything you ever wanted becomes just a click away.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just used those 3 examples to sum up my overall experience with online dating sites. As I mentioned before, I've been trying this of and on for years and I recently decided to give it a serious shot. Honestly, I rarely ever even get a single response and all the ones that did reply always turned out to be something negative.
hope you got a lot of cash to throw around some are just out there for a free dinner

my brother has had a few dates on POF but seem to feel used for a free dinner or something like that

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hope you got a lot of cash to throw around some are just out there for a free dinner

my brother has had a few dates on POF but seem to feel used for a free dinner or something like that

If you read my previous posts on this thread you would know that I decided to call it quits on this online dating thing.

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Apps like tinder are even more shallow, you simply just look at some of their photos from facebook and you either swipe left or right to indicate you find them attractive or not. I can only imagine how much worse this type of stuff will get in the next 20 years or so as everything you ever wanted becomes just a click away.
I have friends that use Tinder, with little success. I feel as though, the more money you invest in the service, the more quality interactions you'll have. Its kind of like going to the gym - if you pay the money for the membership, you'll have greater motivation to actually use it.

Whichever direction you go with your dating efforts - don't let some bad interactions keep you from putting yourself out there. If you want a relationship, its worth putting that effort in.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have friends that use Tinder, with little success. I feel as though, the more money you invest in the service, the more quality interactions you'll have. Its kind of like going to the gym - if you pay the money for the membership, you'll have greater motivation to actually use it.

Whichever direction you go with your dating efforts - don't let some bad interactions keep you from putting yourself out there. If you want a relationship, its worth putting that effort in.

All I'm trying to say is that I feel the time and energy I have devoted to online dating type sites would have been better to apply to meeting people in the real world.

Reactions: Betty_Cocker

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Have tried it... Same with phone dating.
Either too spammy (online), or not controlled (Phone: Under-aged kids trying to get a free ride into a bar/booze)
Both instances, there's a LOT of VERY high maintenance women available. (For high-maintenance service)