Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hello ladies! My longtime girlfriend is seriously considering getting breast implants. She's naturally large and has pride in that. But she's realized that we live in an era where most women get surgical procedures without being shamed and she wants an upgrade. She's considering the "gummy" style silicone implants at 600cc or more. Thought we'd get perspective on any women on here that have had theirs done. Do you regret it? Does it make you enjoy your breasts more? Does it feel preferable or worse to how they felt before the procedure? What size and kind did you go with? If you could redo it, would you get bigger or smaller implants? Etc. Any personal experiences on the topic greatly appreciated.:)

Reactions: deleted1033920

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Being that this it's in women's issues, I'm counting down until we hear from a man who hates implants and insists she don't get them.

I don't have implants, but I'm not against them or body modifications in general. It's a very personal decision.

D

deleted924715

I've never had them, or any cosmetic surgery (I honestly don't know how they'd get me to cooperate with completely necessary surgery - someone would have to take me down by surprise) but I do know of several women who have had them removed due to Breast Implant Illness. The whole experience left them poorer, scarred and regretting time they lost due to ill health.

The only advice I would give is for her to make sure she is fully informed - and that extends to research beyond what the surgeon selling her a procedure tells her.

I'm not one who wants any form of elective surgery. I tend to think that the money may be better spent on a counselor who can foster self-acceptance, but also think that people should be able to do what they want to/with their bodies. You do you. Or in this instance, her do her.

I only have one close friend who got them. She went from fried eggs to grapefruits... It boosted her confidence in the short term, but she later felt that she wasn't taken as seriously professionally because she looked like a Barbie doll.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As pro-body modification as I am, cosmetic surgery rubs my inky butt the wrong way. Maybe it's the reenforcing of western beauty ideals or that weird almost always off body/face proportion that irritates me.*

@BacknForth nailed it with research. Everything. From the longevity and possible complications of chosen implant, patient outcome for clinic and surgeon, find out the type of procedure would work best for desired results. Scaring, possible nerve damage, previous reactions to sedation. Western medicine has gotten real casual with surgery, reality is that folks still die from it everyday. Anti-biotic resistant cooties are horrifying and will eventually force our hand on frivolous procedures.

*hypocondriatic flail*

*talking purely elective cosmetic surgery. Anything therapeutic, corrective or reconstructive doesn't have that same hiccup for me. I also completely recognize this as a "personal hangup thing"

jmaster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
She's 34. She's motivated by knowing deep down that eventually they will sag. They are her identity and she doesn't want to let them go south. She also likes natural breast pumping and has gotten quite addicted to how they look swollen. She wants the procedure so they look swollen at all times.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
She's 34. She's motivated by knowing deep down that eventually they will sag. They are her identity and she doesn't want to let them go south. She also likes natural breast pumping and has gotten quite addicted to how they look swollen. She wants the procedure so they look swollen at all times.

Depending on the type of implants she gets, the sagging will just get worse than it naturally would unless she gets them maintained regularly over the years.

BnF, and ML gave you the best advice. RESEARCH EVERYTHING

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Implants to not prevent or reduce sagging, only a lift does that. Anything other than an under the muscle implant will add weight to the breast, if she already has loss of elasticity the added weight will make it worse. Under the muscle will be noticable when her breasts eventually droop.

Pumping? Her breast won't look swollen, they will only look bigger.

From your posts alone she needs to put so much more thought into this before proceeding. It sounds like she is contemplating surgery based on insecurities and fetish. Neither of which should be a guiding force in the decision making process.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being that this it's in women's issues, I'm counting down until we hear from a man who hates implants and insists she don't get them.
Well if you ask me implants are..... Lol

I have no issue with body modification..but always have fears of health risks so my suggestions always skew towards safety in procedures.
If OP gf is seeking better proportions as is maybe on the juicer side, maybe fat transfer as an alternative? If she's already well endowed maybe a smaller waist and bigger butt/hips will get her the look she seeks. Maybe some sort of breast lift/tummy tuck?
And maybe saline implants instead of silicon...Im willing to bet the technology is better than some of the horror stories of the 90a and early 2000s but leaks happen and saline seems like a safer bet then possible blood contamination and or infection that silicon can induce.

neutrno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If the problem is sagging, a reduction would be more appropriate.

I haven't done it, but I know people who did. My father's wife did breast implants and she got problems on both sides. Now she has a big lump on each side. Her body reacted bad to it. The doctor proposes solutions and seems to be on her side, but she's weary of more surgery, because she was told by another doctor that tampering with the wound could make it worse. They're looking for solutions.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well if you ask me implants are..... Lol

I didn't ask you. No one did.. Thanks for proving my point.

This guy didn't ask what other men think about his GF possibly getting fake tits.

Men who have issues with fake tits are entitled to their opinions, but I see absolutely no need to share that opinion with someone considering getting them when it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

I've had men tell me after I posted here that I've considered implants that they think it'd be a mistake, I'd ruin my already sexy boobs... The thing is? It's not their body, it's not their decision, and it has nothing to do with them. My man's opinion matters, literally anyone else's thoughts on what I do to My body doesn't mean fuck all unless they're medical professionals who have reasons related to my health to suggest what I do/don't do.

If I had fake tits, and I liked the way they felt/looked, I'd get off on the idea that some of the selfish guys who saw them were turned off. Fuckin Good. Keep it limp.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Having said everything I have in this thread, my track record with my health, I have decided not to get any elective surgery at any point in my life.

Tattoos and piercings are as far as my body-modifying options go, and I'm happy with it. I still think I'd look amazing with bigger tits, but I'm not angry at my body for not looking the way I want it to. I still struggle with it for a variety of reasons but this body is mine and I'm gonna take care of it.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a host of what some might consider false boobage, I've spoken with women who are trying to enhance their appearance. Of course, I've been going in the opposite direction having artificially shed tissue in the name of health.

One woman with whom I've discussed this in depth is my sister. We're at opposite ends of the spectrum and have been jealous of each others physique for as long as I can remember.

I guess she has to realistically answer the question of why she wants take such drastic measures. There are health concerns to consider, and while "everyone is doing it" only she can make that plunge, no pun intended.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
As one who has considered reduction, and thought about what choices I might make in case of breast cancer diagnosis (I work on cancer survivors. You start to make a plan you hope you never need to use), I haven’t though for purely elective reasons. I was raised to view them as vanity. And vanity was A Bad Thing.

(I’d opt for dual mastectomies. And, likely, reconstruction. To the size clothes are made for.
But hey, I also want pockets.)

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Conscious I am a man, so my opinion on the matter is irrelevant to OP, but I can share the experience with implants of a good female friend of mine, Amy.

Amy is currently in her late 20s, works for a big tech firm in Silicon Valley, is engaged to a nice chap and lives what many would call a successful and happy life. Amy has also had implants put in when she was in her early 20s. Prior to her implants she was an A cup, but used to wear push up bras with lots of padding. She was an attractive young lady and had a decently sized bust in most of her outfits thanks to the padding. We were never romantically involved (we each had other partners), but hanging out as friends I did get to see Amy in loungewear sans bra and her breasts were indeed quite small. Nothing wrong with that, but a clear contrast from her normal outfits.

Amy also had really low self esteem and was dating a jerk back then who was drooling over considerably larger breasted celebrities, which was making her feel shit about her own body. She ended up breaking up with the jerk, mostly because he was extremely immature and was not a high achiever like Amy, so they did not get along too well. Amy ended up moving to London for work after graduating, breaking all ties with her ex.

Her first job was very well paid, but stressful and she worked hard. Together with being single in a new city, she felt depressed, lonely and her insecurities were exacerbated. She took up going to gym frequently and toned her body really well. Within 6 months she was very fit, but still single and insecure, despite encouraging comments and support from friends. Towards the end of her first year at the job, she made the decision that she would get implants to feel better about her body. She had saved her starting bonus, was otherwise living a frugal life, so she could easily afford it. She ended up going up about two cup sizes. It was not a drastic change to an outsider, as she basically retained her normal bust size, only that this time she no longer had to wear push up bras for it. Overall, she was very happy with the result.

She met her current partner about half an year after. By that time she had also been promoted at her job and was offered the opportunity to transfer to SF within a year, which she had always dreamt of. She turned into a much happier person and her negative thoughts about herself slowly disappeared.

Now, did getting implants make Amy happy? Probably. Were they essential to her happiness? Most likely not. Being recognised for her hard work at her job, the opportunity to transfer to SF and finding a new boyfriend were arguably more important changes in her life. Does Amy regret getting implants? She says no, though the procedure comes with side effects (she lost sensitivity, had to wait for a few months for things to settle properly, and running with implants is less pleasant than without). They are also not cheap and further problems might arise later down the road (and in any case she will need to have them replaced in about 15 years and it is not a trivial surgery).

Do the implants have a material impact on Amy’s quality of life at the moment? Not really. She got them when she was at a low point emotionally, and while they served their role making Amy more confident, Amy seems to have grown beyond caring about what others think of her tits. I feel like Amy of today wouldn’t have got them, but she accepts she grew out of her older self.

My two cents: think this through really well. It’s not a trivial matter and it is important to view things in perspective. Is this driven by a kink, or would your girlfriend genuinely feel better with implants? Factor in the side effects and the long term as well (she will need a new set in about 15-20 years). If implants are the best option, power to her (and you). There is nothing wrong with doing what she feels is best for her body and people (and especially men) should stop judging what women do with their bodies, including getting breast implants. And on that note, I hope we would stop calling them “fake boobs”. It’s very condescending, especially towards women that might have had them because of mastectomies.