Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I 95% agree with you. Here is one possible exception: Breast Augmentation as an Incentive in Recovering from Anorexia

Anorexia is a very specific instance where it's potentially legitimately beneficial to the person getting the procedure. I hate using this word in this case right now, but... The vast majority of people who get this type of cosmetic surgery aren't dealing with that.

I have always been and will continue to be supportive of body modification, and personal individual freedom. I do strongly feel that these things need to be decided after extensive and thorough research, and in some cases with the help of mental health professionals. These are not last minute decisions which have small consequences.

Lance V

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My dear friend and coworker had a double mastectomy after battling cancer for a short time. Years later she took the plunge and had reconstructive surgery with breast implants.

When she came back to work I heard she was hesitant about being seen, so I headed straight to her office and said "It's good to see all of you again!" She looked shocked, and I was worried I had stuck my foot in my mouth. But she burst out laughing and and said "When I'm fully healed you can be the first to feel me up."

Sadly, I never got that chance. We lost her two years later.

But one thing she told me was that she felt like a woman again. It made me sad that she felt she was lesser of a person because of a life saving operation.

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
Anorexia is a very specific instance where it's potentially legitimately beneficial to the person getting the procedure.

I had never heard of this before...interesting

There are studies that show it [implants] helps women recover from eating disorders because they feel more womanly and they feel better about their bodies and better about their self-image.

Goes right along with Lance Vs anecdote.

jmaster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Personally, I think the viscerally negative reaction to implants is a personal issue tied to emotions. It's a procedure that has been around for 50 years, hardly ever results in negative complications (unless you try to go cheap and choose an absolute shit doctor), and recovery is as quick as a few days. And we never seem to run into woman that did it and regret it. The opposite. Many seem to regret not having gone bigger with the first procedure.

Personally, I think the viscerally negative reaction to implants is a personal issue tied to emotions. It's a procedure that has been around for 50 years, hardly ever results in negative complications (unless you try to go cheap and choose an absolute shit doctor), and recovery is as quick as a few days. And we never seem to run into woman that did it and regret it. The opposite. Many seem to regret not having gone bigger with the first procedure.
Why did you ask the question if you're going to discount every answer that isn't what you've already decided?????

And ya know what? If you're only asking exotic dancers who make a living off of having big tittays, you're gonna get a very biased result. If you only ask people who have had them a short number of years, you're going to get a very biased result.

jmaster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not discounting anything. But, just because I started the conversation doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion tho.;) You only live once. Why not be as large as possible (whether that be cock, breast, or ass size depending on if you are female or male)?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

What visceral negative reaction are you talking about?

I think you're making shit up. No one said "I'm disgusted at the thought and she shouldn't do it".

All anyone said was do the research necessary to stay as healthy as possible.

I think you got your answers.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not discounting anything. But, just because I started the conversation doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion tho.;) You only live once. Why not be as large as possible (whether that be cock, breast, or ass size depending on if you are female or male)?

We get it. You want her to have bigger tits. She wants bigger tits. No one here said she shouldn't do it.

You don't need validation. Why are you trying so hard to get it?

jmaster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What visceral negative reaction are you talking about?

I think you're making shit up. No one said "I'm disgusted at the thought and she shouldn't do it".

All anyone said was do the research necessary to stay as healthy as possible.

I think you got your answers.

Actually, you've been quite neutral. But early in the thread there were a lot of implant "poo-poo'ers" so to speak. I brought up the thread to gauge the reaction to the question and it's interesting to me that the first instinct were for many to dump on it.

jmaster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Then you are either being wilfully obtuse or you lack basic comprehension skills.

As her partner, it's disheartening to see how blasé you are about her health.

Throwing around personal insults now? Nice. Thanks.

I've got my opinion, ultimately she's going to make her decision because it's her body. I'm not looking for validation or answers. I simply wanted to start a discussion. Now I see that it seriously pisses some girls on here off. Question. What about a guy liking implants triggers you so much?

D

deleted924715

Throwing around personal insults now? Nice. Thanks.

I've got my opinion, ultimately she's going to make her decision because it's her body. I'm not looking for validation or answers. I simply wanted to start a discussion. Now I see that it seriously pisses some girls on here off. Question. What about a guy liking implants triggers you so much?

I didn't insult you - you either deliberately, or due to a lack of understanding (only you know which) dismissed genuine concerns regarding health as "emotional".

You asked for "thoughts on breast implants" in the women's issues forum... You got them.

Nothing about men liking breast implants triggers me - done well, I think they can look great. Clumsy attempt there though.

My only issue is that complete strangers are more concerned about her health than you are.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
But early in the thread there were a lot of implant "poo-poo'ers" so to speak. I brought up the thread to gauge the reaction to the question and it's interesting to me that the first instinct were for many to dump on it.

Some people pointed out the potential risks in response to your question. That seems reasonable when someone asks a group for their experience or knowledge. You'll get some that say, "Hey, if she wants it, go for it." You'll have some that say, "It needs to be considered carefully, because there are risks." Nothing unusual there. In fact, getting a balanced response is the strength of asking a group for advice.

What confuses me (not really, because I think I may have a guess) is this: If your objective was to gauge the reaction, why are you now pushing back on only one part of the reaction?

Did you ask for guidance because you wanted the best for your partner?

Or did you ask because you thought it would be a powerful influence to show her a group of women saying, "Do it! Get some big ol' titties!" because at the end of the day, that's want you want?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I brought up the thread to gauge the reaction to the question and it's interesting to me that the first instinct were for many to dump on it.

You brought it up seeking validation, from men and women about the idea of your partner getting a size increase.

When you didn't get an enthusiastic "go for it!" from everyone you got butt-hurt.

No one poo-pooed anyone. You just got honest answers when you were looking for an echo chamber.