Your TV Habits

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a boob tube next to the kitchen sink and only watch it while cooking or doing the dishes. There are others around the house hidden behind cabinets and they rarely get turned on.

Between the news and commercials I've found that I get despondent with information overload if I watch too much so I choose to actively participate in my entertainment instead of being passively fed on the couch.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only have the tv on when I do needlepoint, which is many hours a week.. but it's more to have sound in the background.. I never watch it.
:eek: You do needlepoint?! :confused: Somehow that doesn't fit in with the sexy wildchild who posts here regularly. You should post pics of your work. I envy your patience. I have never been able to sit still long enough to finish even the most simple sampler.:redface:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The show that I'm into the most is Prison Break. I like Wentworth Miller, the main character. Other than that, I like Travel Channel, Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and any show on big wave surfing.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
The Amish have steam powered TV's. They're the update from the coal powered ones.

I watch DVD's. The household here goes through series sets. SMALLVILLE, LOST, HEROES, RED DWARF, QUATERMASS, DIGIMON, HOGFATHER, the set of Buster Keaton silent films, BRISCO COUNTY...and DVD's of quality films. recently saw BELL BOOK AND CANDLE.

LOST is the subject of another thread, because it has spawned websites.

softly

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the tv is like a decorative thing in my living room.... i watch tv only when I go visit someone and has the tv turned on...
Anyway, I'm always up to date with the news cause I listen to the radio in my car, and if it's something important people always inform me. Anyway, i watch movies on my dvd but when i get bored of surfing the net i take a book and start reading.

softly

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
oh and i also like Prison Break, (and Wentworth, of course) but i see it on dvd.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Shows I watch regularly:

Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
American Idol
Dance Wars: Bruno vs Carrie Ann
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
House

I rarely watch any of these shows when they are actually ON.... I generally catch up to them online when I have available time to do so.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm considering dropping my cable service because I don't watch enough TV. But without cable I can't get ANY channels in, and I know from experience that if I dropped it, THEN I'd want to watch TV! :biggrin1: Besides, I have a package deal with cable/phone/internet.

I mostly watch the Travel Channel when I watch TV. I love to travel but right now can only do "armchair traveling". They repeat their shows too much, and I really don't care for yet another "how the super-rich travel in luxury" type show (I'm never going to be super rich!), and I won't watch "Bizarre Foods" because it grosses me out! I do however watch Samantha Brown's shows (Passport to Europe, Passport to Latin America), and a few others.

I used to watch Grey's Anatomy but haven't been keeping up with it lately. I've also watched What Not to Wear (but I totally disagree with their "No miniskirts after age 35" rule! :biggrin1:) and Little People, Big World.

I love Red Dwarf! :smile: Another older show (sometimes shown in reruns) that totally fascinates me is Alien Nation. And of course I watch Star Trek. (yeah I'm a sci-fi geek. :biggrin1:) Actually there are a lot of older shows that I watched, more than the newer ones. Life seems to get in the way now, or I'm just interested in other things. I'm not into reality TV (with the exception of Little People Big World, but not sure that is what people think of as "reality TV" and Extreme Makeover Home Edition). Most newer sitcoms don't appeal to me either - like standup comedy, it's gotten too much into gender stereotyping. So mostly I like travel shows, sci fi and adventure type shows.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can someone explain LOST to me.
It's quite simple actually.

Lost" at a Glance: Forty-eight survivors of a near-fatal plane crash must learn to fend for themselves and fight the unusual occurrences on a deserted island.

When did it debut?: September 22, 2004 on ABC
When is it on?: Wednesdays at 9pm ET on ABC (check local listings)

Synopsis: After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of a mysterious creature stalking the jungle, as well as a polar bear, a marooned and possibly crazy French woman, a mystical boar, a mysterious group known only as "The Others," a ship called The Black Rock and... a hatch.

This season, Jack's mistrust of Locke will grow, as he continues to question his motives and obsession in uncovering the secrets of the mysterious hatch. The fates of Sawyer, Michael and Jin will be revealed after their raft was blown out of the water by "The Others" - who at the end of last season kidnapped Michael's son, Walt.

Sun will become less dependent on husband Jin and more autonomous, as she wonders whether he is still alive. Kate's back-story life as a fugitive will continue to be explored. Charlie will become even closer with Claire and her baby, Aaron, but the stash of drugs he found in a statue could seduce him back to a dark life of addiction.

The cursed numbers that turned Hurley's life upside down before the crash will continue to haunt him as he begins to uncover their meaning. Shannon will decide where Sayid fits in her life while she continues to grieve over the death of her brother, Boone, and develops a growing sense of unease about the raft passengers and their fate.

In addition, we discover that there is at least one more previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815 - Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez) -- the mysterious woman Jack met at the Sydney airport bar. And Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje joins the cast as a resident of the island whose story is one of the mysteries that will be explored as the season progresses.

Starring: Naveen Andrews as Sayid Jarrah
Emilie de Ravin as Claire Littleton
Matthew Fox as Dr. Jack Sheppard
Jorge Garcia as Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford
Josh Holloway as James "Sawyer" Ford
Malcolm David Kelley as Walt Lloyd
Daniel Dae Kim as Jin Kwon
Yunjin Kim as Sun Kwon
Evangeline Lilly as Kate Austen
Dominic Monaghan as Charlie Pace
Terry O'Quinn as John Locke
Harold Perrineau Jr. as Michael Dawson
Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia

Trivia Fact #1: The role of Jack was originally supposed to die during the pilot episode.

Trivia Fact #2: In the tradition of "Lassie," the dog Vincent (male) is played by a female dog.

Trivia Fact #3: Jack/Matthew Fox's tattoos are authentic. In fact, these tattoos are important future storyline points.

Trivia Fact #4: Yunjin Kim originally auditioned for the role of Kate. Although she didn't get the role, the producers decided to create a role for her.

Rae's Take: It has been years since I've watched a show that actually makes me use my brain. I've even gone so far as to study some ancient history to see if I can detect patterns relating to Atlantis and the Mayans. Absolutely one of the best shows on television and worth your precious viewing time.

Summary provided by ABC.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At the moment I'm addicted to "Project Runway" on BRAVO and "Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab" on VH1. There's something about the cat fights and trashiness of these shows that I love. I was addicted to "I Love New York 2" on VH1 because that girl and her Mamma are a hot mess!

9incut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm such a tv hog. I guess it's seasonal though. At the moment it's The Sara Conner Chronicals, Medium, American Gladiator, House, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Moment of Truth, Smallville, Supernatural, Chuck, Ghost Whisper, Moonlight, and Numbers. There are probably some others that I overlooked, my DVR gets filled up sometimes and I catch up over the weekends.
When their seasons come back, I watch things like Big Brother, Heroes, Painkiller Jane, Pushing Dasies, Reapers, and there are more that I dont remember until my DVR remembers for me and catches them.

Typically though if my shows are not on, I don't care to watch TV. And I do try to keep up with the news, though in the past few weeks, I don't trust the weatherman.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have gone from watching far too much TV to watching almost none.

It is because I work in the evenings so I'm never really free to sit and watch. Daytime TV sucks ass (I have the news on in the background sometimes as I go about my housework, or the radio - RTE One for news from home, or BBC Radio 4). - I'll make an exception for certain programs, Have I Got News For You, University Challenge, sometimes Top Gear and I tune into Daily Show: Global Edition on CNN every weekend.

I will confess to being addicted to Doctor Who - I will plan my Saturday around that once it is back on.

I watched quite a few movies and specials at Christmas (and of course Jools Holland's Hootenanny on New Years Eve seeing as I wasn't out and about). But having the TV on constantly at Christmas seems to have become a 'tradition'.

Sam1070

Experimental Member
Media
I watch 1-2 hrs. in a seven-day period. All of which would be on History, Travel, or National Geographic channels.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My channels are as follows:

Discovery
Crime
Zone Reality
(sometimes) Discovery Home & Health
BBC News 24 (usually in the afternoon/at night to watch World News Tonight)

I watch sporadically.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Lost" at a Glance: Forty-eight survivors of a near-fatal plane crash must learn to fend for themselves and fight the unusual occurrences on a deserted island.

It sounds like a good premise, and I watched it when it first came on, but after the first year I got sick of it. I've only occasionally watched it since then and it's all screwed up. And the fat guy should be thinner by now. :biggrin1: Gilligan's Island was much better. :cool:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
:eek: You do needlepoint?! :confused: Somehow that doesn't fit in with the sexy wildchild who posts here regularly. You should post pics of your work. I envy your patience. I have never been able to sit still long enough to finish even the most simple sampler.:redface:
A lot of things I do offline don't fit in. I'll have to find the one needlepoint I did as I misplaced it. I've completed two fairly large ones and am working on one now on and off for two years and I'm 2/9ths (pages) done. Let me grab my digital.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At the moment I'm addicted to "Project Runway" on BRAVO and "Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab" on VH1. There's something about the cat fights and trashiness of these shows that I love. I was addicted to "I Love New York 2" on VH1 because that girl and her Mamma are a hot mess!

I loved that show. I actually had a family argument over that show. All I will say is that my sister is very religious now. And she felt THAT NEWYORK and her show was a bad influence upon young women...:rolleyes:

I thought PUNK was hot. THE ENTERTAINER was beautiful. NEW YORK's mamma did look like a man though. Hehehe. High five to ENTERTAINER'S mom for that observation put out there at the dinner table. Something about NEW YORK (aka Tiffany Pollard) made me laugh. Her personal chef revealed that she LOVES ranch dressing. She loves a lot of it on everything she eats. THAT was hilarious.