Your View On Small

View From Below:
Originally posted by txquis@May 10 2004, 05:14 PM
I feel as most here do...penis size is not the measure of the man.
IF it is true that "most here" feel that penis size is not the measure of the man... i.e., not the primary determinant of overall manliness or worth as a man.... what IS it the measure of?? Surely it is the measure of something in the minds of forum members, since everyone knows their measurements down to the millimeter and discusses details of their penile performance, habits, and public reception.

Serious question. We measure all the time. Most of the posts on this forum are about measuring in one way or another-- proving size, discovering size, comparing size, increasing size, enjoying size, admiring size, and so on. So...what is penis size a measure OF? Do we see penis size as a measure of sexual attractiveness? of implied potency? of machismo?

And if it is a measure of any of those things.... aren't they a part of your overall "measure of the man"?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i should have said that penis size
is
not part of my criteria for measuring
who i choose for friends or partners.

Penis size for me is just an interesting part of nature
and how we are all different.

I did not mean to be unclear,
and I am only speaking for myself,
not for anyone else here.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know exactly what you mean, Tony. I have made the terrible discovery that a big cock doesn't necessarily mean good sex. Conversely, what a dude lacks in penile endowment might be made up for in natural talent. Sure, a big schlong is kind of interesting to look at and play with, but it's not on my wish list of options available on a potential sex partner. Unfortunately, so many guys hear so much about cock size that they feel insecure if they don't reach the 7" mark. They figure that since I'm hung that I'm only interested in other hung guys. If I only hooked up with dudes my size or bigger, I'd spend a lot more nights alone.

Now about the top/bottom discussion, that's often an important dialogue to have in order to avoid possible misunderstandings. I have ended up with a few exclusive tops ... well, those rendez-vous just didn't work out! :huh:

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
View from below, you've got a very sensible and valid point y'know. I had to think that one over quite a bit, so what I feel is that it's part of my own self-confidence, but confidence in what? That's what really got me thinking.

It's all about sexual gratification as far as I'm concerned, I'm single, a virgin, and it doesn't show anyway, but I'm still alright with what I've got because it's a "secret" that's worth showing when the time is right.

joe22xxx: I look at it this way. I've never had any friend walk up to me and say, "Hey, Joe, I don't like you because your dick is too big (or too small)". Yeh, girls and guys talk about penis size, but it usually isn't very serious. It's done in a humorous way generally. Come to think about it, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the penis size of my male friends, and it wouldn't make a difference anyway. I love my friends for who they are as human beings, whether girls or guys.

View From Below:
Originally posted by View From Below+May 10 2004, 09:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (View From Below &#064; May 10 2004, 09:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-txquis@May 10 2004, 05:14 PM
IF it is true that "most here" feel that penis size is not the measure of the man... i.e., not the primary determinant of overall manliness or worth as a man.... what IS it the measure of?? Surely it is the measure of something in the minds of forum members, since everyone knows their measurements down to the millimeter and discusses details of their penile performance, habits, and public reception.

Serious question. We measure all the time. Most of the posts on this forum are about measuring in one way or another-- proving size, discovering size, comparing size, increasing size, enjoying size, admiring size, and so on. So...what is penis size a measure OF? Do we see penis size as a measure of sexual attractiveness? of implied potency? of machismo?

And if it is a measure of any of those things.... aren&#39;t they a part of your overall "measure of the man"?[/b][/quote]
So... I guess I&#39;d like to repeat my question, post nuclear-housecleaning of LPSG. Anyone besides Orca have a thought on this? [Thanks, Orc.] What is penis size a measure of?

VFB

EFH33

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Originally posted by View From Below+May 17 2004, 02:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (View From Below @ May 17 2004, 02:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by View From Below@May 10 2004, 09:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-txquis
@May 10 2004, 05:14 PM

And if it is a measure of any of those things.... aren&#39;t they a part of your overall "measure of the man"?
So... I guess I&#39;d like to repeat my question, post nuclear-housecleaning of LPSG. Anyone besides Orca have a thought on this? [Thanks, Orc.] What is penis size a measure of?

VFB [/b][/quote]
All the size of a penis measures is the size of the penis. It has nothing to do with who you are as a man. A man isn&#39;t measured by what he&#39;s got hanging between his legs. That&#39;s the best way I can explain it.

View From Below:
Originally posted by EFH33@May 17 2004, 03:18 PM
All the size of a penis measures is the size of the penis. It has nothing to do with who you are as a man.
An earnest sentiment, but -- with respect -- incomplete.

Yes, of course It is completely true that penis size is not the measure of character. A man could be evil, cowardly, thieving, or rock-solid, trustworthy, loving -- obviously penis size is completely irrelevant to those qualities. Character is not synonymous with masculinity.

But if penis size were only the measure of penis size, and had no other significance to us, then we would all be just as interested in the measurements of our other body parts as we are in the size of our genitals. We would constantly compare the dimensions of our handspans with those of other men, or be gratified at the power of our sneezes versus theirs. But of course we don&#39;t.

The reality is that penis size IS, subconsciously, a measure of something else-- of masculine sexuality, of attractiveness, of potency, of pleasure, of implied competitive advantage, I&#39;m not sure what words to put to it (which is why I&#39;m asking this question of everyone). Otherwise our focus on enjoying size, or admiring it, or envying it, would be baffling. The fact that size has valence is why men are pleased when they win the size lottery, when they are admired by potential partners and by rivals, when they pass on the gene and produce sons who are also large, etc, etc. The question is, what is the valence?

Look at all the excruciatingly precise measurements proudly recorded on profiles at LPSG, or all the proud assertions contained in people&#39;s signature lines-- no valence there? Just plain old, tedious facts? I don&#39;t think so.

So, I&#39;ve just responded to my own question with at least one hypothesis. It&#39;s not politically correct, or fair -- but to me it rings truer than saying that penis size is nothing but a number to which we are all totally indifferent.

Hypothesis launched -- bash away.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know you were looking for responses from the guys, but I feel compelled to add a little to this one. I love this site and have a lot of fun here, but it is not representative of the real world. Most men don&#39;t know the exact length and circumference of their dicks, and it is not usually foremost in their minds. When I get IMs and PMs from guys here, they often describe themselves to me in those terms and ask me questions about what length and circumference I&#39;m into. I don&#39;t have an answer. I am into a person for more than their cock size, I like clevernness, confidence, agressiveness.......while it may be true that men of larger than average size (?) tend to posess more of these traits more often, I have had many of my more satisfying sexual experiences with guys who fell into the more "normal" category. I think a big dick is visually appealing, but not necessary for good sex. That being said, a guys with a significantly smaller one (much under 5") has his work cut out for him in pleasing his partner.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@May 19 2004, 03:30 AM
I know, that I don&#39;t have ANY of the traits that would hint at my size. Probably why I&#39;m about as attractive as a woodlouse&#33; :lol:
Your gifted condition as a woodlouse would make any number of lady woodlice very happy, Orca, to say nothing of the lady in the familiar poem:

(With apologies to Robert Burns - italicized words changed)

"Ye ugly, creepin&#39;, blastit wonner,
Detested, shunned by saint an&#39; sinner,
How daur ye set your fit upon her --
Sae fine a lady&#33;
Gae somewhere else and dip your winner
In some poor pussy.
"

Pecker

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@May 19 2004, 11:30 PM
He he ha&#33; I like that.

Unfortunately, fellow arthropods are hard to find.
Well, I could get you in touch with a tarantula, but it&#39;s kinda cold in Britain.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Hey, they may be furry downstairs and well...everywhere, but Taruntulas are cool. :lol:
(Spider-ladies...YIKE&#33;)

Onto real, spiders:
They survive pretty well indoors IRL, I know a collector of the little critters.

blar

Experimental Member
Media
hmmm average to me?

well i always considered Kinsey&#39;s range that most guys are 5-6" to be true. Well i did not derive this from just kinsey but actually reading other MBs and talking to female friends. I terms of the 5.5 inchs is average....in my opinon i never really consider just a single number to be averge because of the fact that .5 will be no different higher or lower. I just think a person would not notice the the .5 difference heck and inch difference like between 5-6 is hardly noticable (well in the case of 6 and 7 inches...YEA i think a person would feel the difference just like 4 and 5). Funny thing i read in a womens website (women.com) 1 or 2 months ago and in it there was a review and survey of a book that i think is called "the penis- the myths and facts" and the author&#39;s results were that the average is 5.1.....really no diff from 5.5 but just thought i add that little bit in :blink:

i agree with the commnet "size is in the brain".

P.S wow i just came back and the site totally changed lol i liek the new look

rainsfletcher: THe term &#39;small&#39; is both objective and subjective.

Objectively, there are different studies, but they&#39;re fairly consistent - 5 to 5.5 inches, right?

Subjectively, well, it depends on the person and they&#39;re role in a sexual relationship.

I&#39;ve never been on the receiving end of a dick, so I have no idea what small would be to me. To me, large would be 5 inches.. :)

So, my subjective answer would have to be from the objective side of things. less than 5 inches (or so) is less than average.....

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
: :wacko: Way too much concern about equating quality with small in this discussion. For those who feel small, there is the help of modern medicine/science on the way. Remarkable advances are occurring daily in the area of male enhancement. I am glad they are available for those who feel compelled to seek them out, but let us not forget that penis size is not a measurement of anything that determines what is the composition of your character. While it would be dishonest to say that i am not very happy with my 8.75 inches, I know that at least, at my youthful middle age(51), I could seek out possible remedies to enhance my penis if I so desired. IN SHORT, GUYS- SMALL PENIS DOES NOT EQUAL SMALL CHARACTER, SMALL MASCULINITY, SMALL SEXUALITY OR SMALL ABILITY. AND THE BEST NEWS: MEDICAL SCIENCE WILL PROBABLY HAVE A REMEDY FOR A SMALL PENIS WITHIN 10 YEARS OR LESS. "HANG" IN THERE&#33;