Your Worst Net Experiences

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've used the net for a long time and pretty much managed to stay out of trouble by sticking to the rules I made for myself when I first used it. I have had two experiences which were fairly mild to what some people have gone through :-

My husband was often away working so I'd chat online, I started talking to this guy who was a techy and had some nice conversations. My husband would occasionally use the same chat rooms and he also had one or two chats with this guy, I was unaware of this. Then I found out from someone else that this guy had stalked someone he'd met at one of the meetings this group had, it had become so bad she'd had the police involved, this was confirmed by a few other people whose word I trusted. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from this guy - my dopey husband had given him our phone number so he could help him with a computer problem. I went mad at my husband and the calls continued. Knowing his history which had included a fair amount of violence and that he had a fair idea of where I lived I was reluctant to offend him by telling him to fuck off, so I skirted around it when he suggested we meet. His phone calls never got abusive but being aware of what he'd done in the past was pretty scary. We couldn't change our number because it was also the number my husband communicated with hundreds of business associates with, but we did get caller id, however he must have realised this when none of his calls were answered because he started calling from different numbers. He became increasingly pressing on the subject of meeting. I don't know what would have happened eventually, I suppose I'd have had to tell him to piss off, but I left my husband and I don't really know how it ended up as my ex husband didn't talk to me for about three years and when I do see him now he's still frosty.

The other one was on a site similar to this. I chatted with this woman regularly, one night we naughty cammed together :) We both had fun and I thought that would be it. The next night she asked if I fancied messing around again, I said no and she became quite unpleasantly insistent that I should. I told her to fuck off and she started sniping at me in the chat room off the site. I ignored her, I was a regular at that site and they all knew her little gibes were untrue. I blocked her on yahoo. For the next few nights I'd have unknown id's try to access my yahoo which were all new accounts she'd created. I got hundreds of emails asking why I was being so nasty to her when she loved me - totally nutty stuff. In the chat room she accused me of net stalking her. This was the point at which about ten other people in the chat room stood up and said 'errr yeah she did that to us too', so why had no one ever warned me or warned all these other people? Anyway as so many of us said she was a nut she deleted her account.

There was a bit more to both experiences than I've said but those were the gist of them and I kept it to the main points for brevity. I consider my little bad experiences very minor and over the eleven years I've used the net I think I've done pretty well in keeping out of major trouble.

Anyone else want to share their bad experiences? Or good experiences come to think of it :tongue:

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I once received an email from someone called 'Mr Big Cock' who was selling penis enlargement pills. He told me that I needed to gain more inches...FAST. I replied politely saying "I'll be alright thanks". He never replied to my email, but I got an email from his friend selling replica Rolexes soon after. That's about as bad as it's been for me.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if I mentioned this before but I used to 'show off' or really just generally chat in sex chat rooms. Anyway, I got a reputation and this one person called something like SEXC*HAILEY comes in and is begging me to cam for 'her'. I was horny so I agreed. Got on MSN, they said nice cock etc then they put their cam on and it was a guy! With a tiny cock! I was disgusted and blocked him instantly. That's also one of the reasons I don't cam anymore.

Men pretending to be women is so fucked up!

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
not really much to report, but one time, i accepted something through MSN Messenger from a firend, to find out that it was a major virus that almost destroyed my computer. thank God i was able to fix it!

but other than that, it's been smooth sailing.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the lurkers on another site I contribute to (sports) starting cyber-stalking me. I decided that outing him on the site would be the best way to get rid of him so I started posting his messages on the forum & he stopped but it was a tad scary while it lasted.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nothing too bad, so far only an Ex who keeps track of when I am on MSN. Which I was unaware of until a month I didn't log in and one morning he sent emails to me and a few mutual friends asking if I was OK.

Kinda creepy, but not serious because he doesn't attempt any other form of communication and is deployed in the desert.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There has only been one bad experience on the internet-other than the computer virus which killed off one computer. In 2001 I made the disasterous mistake of hooking up with a guy who I'd been communicating with in a few different chat rooms and internet foums. He showed up, flying high as a kite, smelling of poppers and too aggressively frisky. On a first meeting I don't care for a tongue exploring my throat before the hello is finished. It was weird to say the least. We continued the evening for a short while; however, it soon became clear that it was not going to work out. He departed and headed off. For a few weeks after, he'd call and never say anything, or leave a message. (caller ID can be a friend too)

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My worst net experience, is here!

Regarding the animostity and aggression.
But I have come across a few weirdos on other sites that have led me up the garden path.... as it were....:confused:

But I have physically met A LOT of people off the net and to be honest most of them were as I expected.... (I'm talking 150 - 200 people here... is that considered a lot?!?!?)

Who knows.... :cool:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My only real experience of the conversing on the net is here... I've had a few near misses, but nothing I can't handle. To be honest, what goes around, comes around so I try to keep my comments clear, honest and fair. So usually, the feedback is similar.

However, I don't do any camming. That WAS the one really bad experience... this young guy was very nice in the chat room so we took it to Yahoo and once I got the cam up and running and could see each other, he came in less than 30 secs and logged off...didn't know I was that hot (just kidding). My advice: Don't cam and if you have to, don't cam with anyone under 25.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
But I have physically met A LOT of people off the net and to be honest most of them were as I expected.... (I'm talking 150 - 200 people here... is that considered a lot?!?!?)
That is a lot! You tart ;)

I've met maybe 100 actually, slept with quite a few of them.
There was one of them who would probably count as my worst net experience. I'd rather not talk about it though, it was disgusting. I don't know what I was thinking.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been duped by someone into believing they were something other than what they claimed to be. It hurt my feelings and possibly impacted one of my real-life relationships in a negative way.

I also met someone in person who had also lied to me about a few things, and sent me a very misleading photo, and when we actually met I found them to be physically repulsive.

The guy I met through the Viper club forums over in Rotterdam who helped me arrange to have my Viper shipped over to Europe was super nice and helpful when I shipped the car over. When I trusted him to handle shipping on the way back he dicked me over and it ended up costing me a couple thousand dollars.

I trusted someone on the MTGO servers who ended up stealing a few hundred or a few thousand (hard to gauge) dollars worth of cards from me.

Other than that... not much bad at all... and the positive experiences have far outweighed the negative. and I have met tons of people from the internet. It still bugs me that people will take completely anecdotal (and oftentimes completely fabricated) tales of internet horrors and use those as examples of why you should never meet anyone online or trust anybody. That's just giving in to paranoia and ignorance. Still other people who aren't afraid themselves might meet someone from online and then be afraid to tell anybody where they met this person due to the stigma still attached to meeting people online. lame.

Be cynical, don't trust anyone absolutely regardless of how convincing they may seem to be, don't be paranoid- just be cautious. Protect yourself and use common sense and there's no reason you should have many if any bad experiences with people online.

SexandCandy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to run an internet business selling kids stuff, harmless, right? Well, this one woman, a fat, ugly cunt... (and i say that with love)... stalked me for over a year, created fake orders in my store, harassed customers of mine from an internet board, and would constantly try to just do whatever she could to be a bitch in general, effectively making some people bitch about the drama related to it....

She told enough lies that eventually enough people had it with her shit, and I definitely had it with her shit... threatened to sue her for harassment and libel... it stopped soon after...

But I've been online for about 15-16 years... so that's not so bad.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
back in 1995 or 1996, when I was 22, 23 yrs. old, I'd chatted with a girl for a while online who claimed to be 20 but later confessed that she had just turned 16. That was the end of that conversation... I'll never live that one down.

hm... I've got a similar story to this one that I forgot about. but... nothing bad came from it. and I'm not typing it down, either.