You're doing a heckuva job, Georgie

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by rob_just_rob, Jul 12, 2007.

1. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

U.S. intel warns al-Qaida has rebuilt - Yahoo! News

2. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

One wonders how things would have turned out if the focus had remained on Afghanistan 5 years ago, rather than shifting to Iraq as it did. As it stands, it looks a lot like thousands of lives and billions of dollars for pretty much no good reason.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

Mission Accomplished. :biggrin1:

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yeah, CNN and The Washington Post both have headlines today: al-Qaeda strongest it's been since 9/11/01.

That's easy to fix - just re-write the history books with a different mission: billions of dollars spent to reduce the US population? Absolutely, mission accomplished!

5. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The beauty of all this is that al-Qaida is now relatively firmly ensconced in Pakistan. The Pakistani government has essentially withdrawn its military presence from that region. It would be interesting (and ironic) if al-Qaida's influence were to spread across the remainder of Pakistan and lead to an overthrow of Musharaff. At which point we'd have a genuine terrorist-sponsoring government with WMDs, as opposed to the faux one that was in Iraq.

Too bad there's no excuse to invade Pakistan now, what with Pakistan being a sovereign country that hasn't attacked us. :rolleyes:

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, wake my up before they do invade North America. I slept through that whole Iraq-invading-the-US-and-Canada thingy.

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ever notice that GWB and his apologists keep repeating that Iraq is an important front in the Global War on Terrorism (or whatever its being called this month) but they never spend much time explaining exactly why its such an important front?

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Where is the man who put us in this mess? He's getting a blow job and writting a book............................ LMAO:biggrin1:

9. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Don't blame me; I didn't even vote for the guy, on the other hand I knew he wasn't gonna lose after his crock of shit election campaigns.

10. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Get a more secure hold on your epistemologies, kids.

We had a brief thread a week or two ago which discussed some incidents in which the Associated Press has flogged anti-US or anti-Western propaganda as news. From the Vietnam-era photo (perfectly true and correct, but grossly out of context) of a VC murderer being executed in the street, to more recent offenses ("Jamail Hussein" and the "destroyed" mosques which are still standing, the doctored photos of damage in Beirut, the infamous "green helmet guy" rescuing "victims" of staged "atrocities", and last week's nonexistent pile of beheaded bodies), AP has been feeding us totally imaginary crap for years.

Anything with the AP byline I just lump in with flying saucer reports, if I'm feeling charitable. So if AP is the sole source for this "scoop", I don't plan to pay it any serious attention. Should the report - if it really exists - be released, it might be worth discussion.

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

And in other news: Bush and Cheney make millions off of rising crude oil prices and defense and reconstruction contracts.

How people can be SO Stupid is beyond me--but hey--lots of people like to watch cars go in circles, so go figure.

12. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its the Associated Press's fault the occupation of Iraq has cost 3000+ coalition dead and no weapons of mass distruction recovered.

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

You're so right. The only mystery here at all is why we aren't rioting in the streets. Oh yeah, that's because we'd have to unwedge our fat asses from the couch and possibly even WALK somewhere. bush, cheney, rove, rice- all owners of large chunks of stock in low tech industry are amassing wealth at absurd rates, and we really have to "wonder" what this war is all about? Good fucking god, I prefer flogging myself with a real whip than with the stupidity of my fellow Americans.

14. Freddie53

Gold Member

Calm down Zora.:biggrin1: It is not about money. It is about power. George Bush looks at the world as a monopoly game. The goal is to own Boardwalk and Park Place and collect 'millions" from the others as they go around the board.

Trouble is, this isn't an imaginary game. It is real. My former student is really dead. Some of my real students are over there now. Some may come home in a box. The US is now bankrupt. We have allowed the real enemy to rearm while chasing rabbits that aren't a problem for us.

But to George it is like a Monopoly game. It's about power, power, more power. Did I mention the word power?

I read this about George Bush before he assumed office: That is George is not a real political ideologue. It is all about POWER to him.

I wish I had a copy of what I read then. If I did, it would prove what makes George tick.

I also read where one of George's uncles was in jail for selling to the Nazi's during World War II. Yep, the Bush family became rich off that war.

War is the Bush's game. Has been for over 60 years.

We really need to check the backgrounds of what it is that make our presidential candidates tick. It will let us know what to expect when they get into office.

I read the prediction about George before he took office.

He is a scoundrel who has no respect for the Constitution.

*(Jana, start fanning quickly, I'm getting stirred up now, hot under the collar)*

And did I mention that I hold George Bush solely responsible for the death of a very dear young man who remained my personal friend after finishing school. Yeah I am a bit angry.

Oh and did you know I don't like George Bush?

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Michael Chertoff said he had a "gut feeling"? Great, our intelligence community is taking its cues from Stephen Colbert now.

16. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll bet our reliable democratic ally, Pervez Musharaff of Pakistan, is sending all the forces not guarding his presidential palace into the mountains to vigorously attack and pursue al Quaeda.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

So all is well then? What a relief.

18. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

It's interesting how, on the one hand, Bush and his crew want to talk the "war on terror" up as a qualified success in order to win support for a continued military presence in Iraq. And on the other hand, the Bushies also want us to believe in the existence of a credible, imminent threat to the USA, in the hopes that we'll go along with escalations to the "war on terror", presumably so it can save our naive, shortsighted asses. It's really quite fascinating how they try to espouse these two nearly contradictory positions.

(up here, they're trying to convince us that there will be attacks on Canada unless we stay in Afghanistan. Huh??)

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

You know...this Middle East Iraq trouble would just come to an end if we just annex Canada. With the second largest oil reserves in the world our troubles would be over for the next 30 years or so. What do you say Rob? Hell, we share the same language, culture and what's wrong with being the 51st state anyways? You have the oil, we need it. Besides we have to do something with all the billions we have poured into weapons research and development. Why not use some friendly intimidation. What a perfect union.:tongue:

20. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Bring it, bitch. You guys don't have the balls. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted