You're pissing me off Mr. President

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i agree with you man! Its like...he's been in office for a grand total of what? 8 months...I mean Rome wasn't built in a day. He's come into a pile of shit taller than the Empire State building that was bequithed to him by G.W., and people expect him to turn the economy/country/world around in a matter of months? Come on people, give the guy a break.

Now...if 2 and a half years go by and we're still in the shitter as bad as we are today, and very little has been done (or succeded) in over 3 years....I 'll be bitching along with (aparantly) many other Americans.

In 8 months he can't stop torture like he promised? Can't go after the telecoms like he promised for assisting in illegal wiretapping? Can't even start pulling out of Iraq like he promised? In the first day he was breaking his promise about lobbyists in his cabinet. The guy is a fucking liar.

The plain fact is he probably should satisfy the will of those who put him in office and FUCK those who he'll never satisfy, regardless.
Oh, he is. The bankers are very happy with all the trillions they are getting. And he is fucking those he'll never satisfy, and has no intention of ever satisfying. We will still be in Iraq in 3 years, we will still be torturing, and sending suspects over seas to be tortured. Still wiretapping, with the help of telecoms. His left wing supporters aren't getting shit. the only people getting anything are the corporations. Pure and simple.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In 8 months he can't stop torture like he promised? Can't go after the telecoms like he promised for assisting in illegal wiretapping? Can't even start pulling out of Iraq like he promised? In the first day he was breaking his promise about lobbyists in his cabinet. The guy is a fucking liar.

Looks like someone was looking for someone in the White House to wave a magic wand.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your collective ignorance and lack of knowledge of the history of this nation and the political process of this nation would be laughable if it werent so pathetic. the only wimps are you whiners who are busy bitching that he hasnt changed everything to suit you in 7 months time. How pathetic. you would find fault with Obama if he walked on water by saying "cant he swim?"
he has already shown more courage (including his speech to the VFW today in Arizona, despite gun- toting NRA NUTS outside the hall where he spoke) in those 7 months than ANY of you will in your entire lifetime.
and as far as Hilary is concerned, it took courage to ask his rival to join you in of the highest posts our nation has. and as far as liberalism is concerned, sorry guys, it is alive and healthy, unlike the GOP and its continued stumbling toward policies that would cement a facist Amerika into place. How glad i am that none of you morons have any influence on people who actually can and do think.

meso

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To the person who wrote this thread.

GROW UP! the president cannot save everyone from economic collapse, he cannot enforce a government run healthcare, and shouldnt have to bail everyone out from everything, at least not in 6 months. I think it was absolutely insane that he even said he could.

Look, this is what you, non-economically minded people never seem to understand. this is a GLOBAL recesion. in the 30's, our depression only effected us, and no one else. Nowadays the world is more globalized, whioch means that when the market is down, the world is down all together. Thats why our massive bail out and stimulus packages wont, and arent working. The packages only effect america, but since the american economy is no longer just the american economy, all you're doing is borowing money, printing money, devaluating the dollar, and giving the government more control over our lives.

Privatized healthcare needs to be fixed, not replaced by government run health care. The problem with government healthcare is that they control it, the big wigs, the people you wouldnt even trust with your pocket book, let alone your health. What happens when they tell you that you cant have your hip replaced because you're too old and you would die soon anyway so it would be a waste of money? Is that right? NO! What happens when the government looks at your political views and determines that you cant have surgery because you views dont match theirs?

All people see here is free healthcare, but its not free, major increase in taxes, of course, those who dont pay taxes dont really care, as only 60% of americans pay taxes. It is also a way for the government to control you.

Oh, and for all you pinko commies and liberals out there, no i dont listen to rush limbaugh, i never had, nor any other talk show political whatever in my life. I watch the news, i switch between fox and CNN, that way i can get both the right, and left view of things, and i draw my opinions and facts from there, MY OWN OPINIONS.

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know cruztbone, you would probably get more people to listen and maybe even think about what you said if it weren't for all the names.
You know since this man has come into office I have been called a racist, a nazi, part of a mob, someone's ilk, repugnant, unamerican and a list of others. I am none of those. I don't call people names. You know what do what you promise! Look me in the eye, and say this is who I am, this is what I will do and then do it.
We need health care reform, give me a bill I can read, and understand. I don't want something that can be interpretted 300 different ways. Give me something I can understand, that will be enforced and I am all behind it.

Cheers

meso

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
only problem, health care is a big thing, you cant write up a bill simple enough for everyone to read without there being tons of loop holes.

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why not? How long is the Declaration of Independence? The Constitution? It can be done. A bill can be written that won't take months to read, can be understood by most people and can actually accomplish something.

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
first off

If he comments on something like the Gates affair, he shouldn't have, but when he tries to mend hurt feelings over his frankness he's "got no backbone".
I have said it once and I will say it again: Any PR person who knows anything about their job would 1). Know a question would be brought up to him about this and 2). Giving an opinion about, esspecially considering it looks like Gates was the idiot and that Crowley only probably should not have (but he certainly was within his rights) to arrest Gates. There are many leaders who come from Acadamia show a lack of any PR knowledge (see this comment from Obama and Duke University).

Second, Meso, might want to check your history. We were in a world-wide recession in the 30s and the Smoot-Hartley tarrifs worsened the world-wide recession...

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
first off

I have said it once and I will say it again: Any PR person who knows anything about their job would 1). Know a question would be brought up to him about this and 2). Giving an opinion about, esspecially considering it looks like Gates was the idiot and that Crowley only probably should not have (but he certainly was within his rights) to arrest Gates. There are many leaders who come from Acadamia show a lack of any PR knowledge (see this comment from Obama and Duke University).

Second, Meso, might want to check your history. We were in a world-wide recession in the 30s and the Smoot-Hartley tarrifs worsened the world-wide recession...

The Gates thing comes down to opinion, however he shouldn't have been arrested. He acted like an ass on his own property and the cop arrested him because he was embarrassed in public.

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
should have arrested, no. Public disturbance arrest legal. Yes. Considering Durham police threatened to deport a student over a noise violation (and they have a history of arresting students for noise violations).

I find funny people defend Gates yet college students are profiled all the time. Hell, one department even admitted it and nothing was done...

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, there a couple of things.

1). Reports were neighbors and others on the street where beginning to gather.

2). The reports were that when the home for Gates was confirmed, he then ran after yelling at the police officer. Police men and women put their lives in danger all the time and have a short amount of time to make a decision whether someone is actually dangerous. Hell, how many stories are there of police making routine stops, let their guard down thinking things are undercontrol and then all of a sudden, they are shot at or threatened with a weapon...

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

2). The reports were that when the home for Gates was confirmed, he then ran after yelling at the police officer. Police men and women put their lives in danger all the time and have a short amount of time to make a decision whether someone is actually dangerous. Hell, how many stories are there of police making routine stops, let their guard down thinking things are undercontrol and then all of a sudden, they are shot at or threatened with a weapon...

The police in Ohio recently chucked a nearly 90 year old woman on her head for having a steak knife. Granted she was apparently threatening people without acting on it, but she had mental issues and was standing still when the officer approached. The situation could have been handled differently.

This militirization and increasing aggressiveness of police everywhere has concerned me for a while. The public backs them on everything they do too!

Tasers for example, KILL. The problem isn't when they taser a crazy person trying to hurt them, it's when they taser someone for not complying with their orders fast enough. People die from the things, don't use them until absolutely necessary.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
This is your time. You are President. You have a shot at greatness like no President before you in the last 50 years. It is time for you to lead!

Hell yes. He has a majority government. He can do alot, and do it quickly. Instead, he's catering to these morons, fear mongers, extremists, radicals, etc. He could learn from Bush and just do whatever he wants. It's not like he's invading an innocent country; he just wants to improve the healthcare system and make it more similar to those of other first-world nations.

I'm with you, Guru. He needs to stop with the town halls and start with the legislation. Change now!

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hell yes. He has a majority government. He can do alot, and do it quickly. Instead, he's catering to these morons, fear mongers, extremists, radicals, etc. He could learn from Bush and just do whatever he wants. It's not like he's invading an innocent country; he just wants to improve the healthcare system and make it more similar to those of other first-world nations.

I'm with you, Guru. He needs to stop with the town halls and start with the legislation. Change now!

If there isn't a public option with the reform, it should be burned.

Personally I'm angry about the "Must have insurance or face a penalty" clause. They did that here in Massachusetts under Mitt Romney and it hasn't solved anything. My friend has to pay $200 a month for insurance now, and he hasn't gone to the ER or been injured in years!

If it was affordable, say, $50 a month, or a public option that's one thing. But mandatory insurance to corrupt, bloated companies is dumb, and should not happen.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Crowds usually gather wherever there's conflict, especially when it involves the Police. That's not an excuse for arresting Gates for yelling at cops from inside and/or the porch of his home.

... by a 58 year old College Professor? :rolleyes:
Come on, now, let's finish the wording of the question so we can look at exactly how ridiculous the actions of the Police were. No need to omit something that valuable just to validate your beliefs about Gates.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and as far as liberalism is concerned, sorry guys, it is alive and healthy, unlike the GOP and its continued stumbling toward policies that would cement a facist Amerika into place. How glad i am that none of you morons have any influence on people who actually can and do think.

actually, liberalism is not "alive and healthy", when compared to conservatism.

in fact, it is sort of ironic that you mention this, as this weekend Gallup came out with a major study on this:

While the GOP certainly is in disarray, this is a center/center right country and is nowhere near a country where liberalism is the preferred political ideology. the democrats who won and carried this election in the congress were the blue dogs...who are anything but liberal...and as soon as liberalism is perceived to be guiding too much policy, as it is perceived to be doing now, the backlash is severe from the right, the center right, and the center.

Political Ideology: "Conservative" Label Prevails in the South

Obama's numbers have been in freefall, precisely because this country is not a country ruled by liberalism's ideologies, yet sees itself being forced in that direction against its well. As such, the revolt against this has been obvious, angry and certainly pronounced.

there can be no other answer that regardless of one's personal opinions, the downward spiral of support for Obama's agenda has everything to do with the fact that while the right and center right have been opposed to him from the beginning, he is begun to scare the center, which is precisely whose support he garnered to win the election. The center bought into the fact he was a centrist, because he made himself out to be...but by being so far to the left, and entrusting his presidency to the far left ideologues in congress, he has effectively destroyed the support he had gained from the independents and non aligned moderates in the center.

and that is a fact.

the moderates are turned off by extremism, whether it is on the far right, which drove the voters to the democrats in 2006 and 2008, or the far left, which we are seeing now driving voters away from the democrats, towards the GOP, who haven't even come up with a single new idea, and have been simply being quiet and playing defense.

frankly, it wold not surprise me to see the GOP right back in power...all by doing exactly what the democrats did...play defense against a republican majority, and wait for that majorities extremism to destroy everything.

the right did a great job of that during the Bush years...now, the left is doing it.

that is what ideological slaves do...pursue their ideology, no matter what the cost. They are so blind that they plod along, oblivious to the fact that their ideology is not, in fact agreed with by the vast majority of people.

These liberals are cutting their own throats...just as the conservatives did...and it is rather amusing to watch.

They have managed to cause a near-revolt...and they cannot fathom the fact that it is opposition at large to their policies that is causing it, not some random kooks, nuts, militias, right wing conspiracies etc.

far left policies turn off the mainstream as much as far right policies.

the vast majority of people in this country did not vote for the far left...they voted for the center.

go against the public at your peril, and you will be whining when the republicans, bereft of new ideas, waltz right back into power, at the expense of the democrats, who, also, are just as bereft of new ideas.

enjoy it...don't say you weren't warned, when you are complaining about it happening.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like someone was looking for someone in the White House to wave a magic wand.

I was looking for someone without a forked tongue.
And really, that does not address the fact that keeping his promises on things like torture, wiretapping, etc doesn't take 3 years. He already looked at them, and what do you know, decided he was gonna do as dubya did.

in the 30's, our depression only effected us, and no one else.
not true.

the only wimps are you whiners who are busy bitching that he hasnt changed everything to suit you in 7 months time
Give it up. He aint gonna change shit. 3 years from now, we still will nto be seeing any kind of charges against telecoms fro breaking their contrats, we will still be in Iraq, and we will stil be practicign rendition and torture. He isn't goign to change shit.

And lets nto forget how he keeps giving money to banks and financials every week. It's fucking bullshit, and I'm not fooled. He is a fucking tool.

Fuck your solidarity, fuck the Democrats, fuck republicans, and fuck you all. I can't wait to watch America burn to the fucking ground. And while the flames lick my skin, I'll be laughing, because at least I wasn't stupid enough not to see it coming.

Fuck America. It is just a twisted evil greedy government run by twisted evil greedy people and allowed to go on by stupid ignorant jack asses that declare allegiance to a color and the hot topic of the day. Fuck your red shirts and your blue shirts and your fucking political buttons. Fuck you all.

Last edited:

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was looking for someone without a forked tongue.
And really, that does not address the fact that keeping his promises on things like torture, wiretapping, etc doesn't take 3 years. He already looked at them, and what do you know, decided he was gonna do as dubya did.

not true.

Give it up. He aint gonna change shit. 3 years from now, we still will nto be seeing any kind of charges against telecoms fro breaking their contrats, we will still be in Iraq, and we will stil be practicign rendition and torture. He isn't goign to change shit.

And lets nto forget how he keeps giving money to banks and financials every week. It's fucking bullshit, and I'm not fooled. He is a fucking tool.

Fuck your solidarity, fuck the Democrats, fuck republicans, and fuck you all. I can't wait to watch America burn to the fucking ground. And while the flames lick my skin, I'll be laughing, because at least I wasn't stupid enough not to see it coming.

Fuck America. It is just a twisted evil greedy government run by twisted evil greedy people and allowed to go on by stupid ignorant jack asses that declare allegiance to a color and the hot topic of the day. Fuck your red shirts and your blue shirts and your fucking political buttons. Fuck you all.

Wow. It's sad but I agree with pretty much all of that.

Obama isn't changing a lot he said he would, and he's hiring all the Wall Street cronies that ruined us!