1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

yourname@lpsg.org email addresses

Discussion in 'Announcements, Questions, Sharing Ideas' started by Rob_E, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Rob_E

Gold Member

Are you interested in having an email account with with @lpsg.org? This has been an idea tossed around for quite a while. Before spending too much time on an implementation, I would like to gauge the level of interest in this.

The basics are that it would be a full featured email system, similar to gmail, but integrated into LPSG. So, when you log in here you could easily see if you had new messages and one click over to your webmail interface to read and reply.

I suppose the main advantage would be that you would have a seperate email that you could give out related only to your LPSG account. The system would have good spam control, so you could post the email wherever you want.

This would be a somewhat costly endeavor, so if there isn't much interest, then we probably won't do it. If there is strong interest, then we would likely include it in Gold Membership.

The advantage for us is that if you post yourusername@lpsg.org somewhere, others might see it and visit lpsg.org. Also, it could be the selling point for someone upgrading to Gold Membership.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this concept.

Thanks,

Rob

2. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

Makes no difference to me.... I use my hotmail for this... and only this....

3. luka82

luka82 Sexy Member

I`d love to try it! Actually I think it`s a brilliant idea!

4. Intrigue

Intrigue Experimental Member

Albums:
    While I think the idea is a great one, I dont think I personally would benefit from it. I use my regular email (spam trap) for this one. Although the free advert is a definite selling point. I'm not necessarily a fan of the current pm system but I think my issue is with aesthetics so isn't a very big deal. That's my two copper on the subject.

5. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm quite happy with the current PM system set-up.

6. Rob_E

Gold Member

To clarify this would be a totally separate email system, similar to gmail, that could be accessed by an integrated webmail interface or through a traditional desktop client like outlook, or through a smartphone.

Unlike a PM, this would be an external email address.

7. Intrigue

Intrigue Experimental Member

Albums:
    Ah, I understand. Still a great idea. Not sure how much I would use it. But I'm a small sample opinion. Many may find they love it.

8. MickeyLee

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    *braced for swatting caused by shameless butthead-ery*
    Mr. Rob_E *this is the on topic part* i use a yahoo for all my LPSG related email activities, so an LPSG email isn't something i would use.

shameless butthead-ery begins now.

if the endeavor is both costly and time consuming there other matter the membership would rather have you spending time and energy on. such as the "Ask a Woman" forum/folder/area.

folks here have been asking for a very long time now for some feed back, and change is always promised with the next update. maybe instead of an email system, we could maybe get some work done on a much delayed feature with heaps of support?

and if you are making additions... the long in the making Fetish forum/folder/area.
    shameless butthead-ery ends now.

ml

9. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I have a yahoo account which I use exclusively for this website. It's a cool feature and a neat idea but I personally am happy with my current set up. I guess if it was available I would use it, but it's not high priority. If I was you Rob, I wouldn't waste the time and money on it.

10. JF

JF
    Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Rob

I'll echo the sentiments expressed by ml & Flamey - there are other areas of the site which are more worthy of your attention than email and I doubt I would personally make use of any LPSG-specific email account.

As a selling point for (paid ?) Gold Membership, it might be attractive to some people, but with so many free email accounts out there I can't envisage there being all that much call for it.

Thanks for giving us the chance to weigh in on this.

11. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

an LPSG chat window capability would be more useful. I'm talking about something other than the chat group.

12. tlbuncut5

tlbuncut5 Expert Member

Albums:
    not for me, but Thanks for asking

13. ManofThunder

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would happily use such a function, but I wouldn't use it as a regular e-mail for outside LPSG. If this were a forum about gardening or something, I might - but, I would rather keep this site separate from the rest of my internet life. If the main benefit of 'LPSG Mail' (or whatever) is to bring outside traffic to the site, it just wouldn't work in my case. Save your time and money, Mr Rob. Work on something more beneficial (and cheaper).

14. HappyBoi

HappyBoi Admired Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't use it.

I don't use Gmail either. It's too complicated for me, haha. I want it simple and other free emails gives that.

The current setup works great for me. To be frank, a setup were I would have to open yet another client/window to access my messages and such, would just be more work, since I always visit the website when I want to check. I wouldn't log in to an email-account to check.

Spend the time and money on something else. Thanks for asking for our opinions. :)

15. B_stu.kay823

B_stu.kay823 Banned

Agree with all prior suggestions. I too have a devoted GMail just for this site

16. LaFemme

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    I wouldn't use it either. For the same reasons as others have mentioned already.

17. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I doubt I would use it. As for generating traffic/interest, the people I have regular e-mail contact are either already on here, or people I'd rather keep my LPSG life private from. I already have a general e-mail account, a very private e-mail account for my 'adult' behaviours (including LPSG), plus a few other e-mail accounts that I have lost track of. I don't need or want another account - especially as I know I'll just get too lazy to read and keep it neat and tidy.

18. Kotchanski

Kotchanski Sexy Member

Albums:
    Maybe this is somewhat different for me as a mod, but it is something I would make use of...

Currently the mod email routes contact through to email addresses specified by us, so when I hit reply, it is sent from my random email.

When it arrives at the other end, it shows as being from admin.lpsg@gmail.com.

Being able to respond from an official address would save a lot of time convincing them that we are members of the mod team, and they are not to rejoin the site because they think an unofficial email address gives them a free pass to do as they like.

From reading the responses to this thread, I think some may have missed the point:

Currently -

Realize you want to post your email address either in public, your profile, or to someone via PM
    Either go ahead and do it, or run off and make LPSG only email address which requires gmail or some such.
    Post it where you want it posted

*Most* people do not have specific emails for specific sites.

(Insert rule breaking admin who tells you all about secret mod communication)

We recently had a message posted in the support forum, it was somewhat less than polite, threatened us with legal action and was vulgar in nature. Why? Because some individual with less than average knowledge when it comes to the net, posted his email address in a thread, and then found it on google. He demanded we make an open statement warning our membership that this could happen (You can take this as said statement if you like, I didn't feel the need to insult you all) he further demanded that we remove it from google!

This was far from being the first time, people just don't understand, and for those people, being able to offer them an LPSG only email, with a detailed explanation as to why it is a good idea, would be a bloody good thing (or at least stop me being shouted at so often by them!)

Even if you've already got a specific email you use for this site, you still have to either collect it using Thunderbird, Opera and the likes, or go open a new tab to access it via their web panel, gmail and so on... The only difference would be that this email is directly linked to LPSG, but accessed outside of LPSG, just like having a gmail address, but more official and more specific (with less chance of people claiming to be people they aren't!)

There may be other benefits to this idea, that will appeal to some, but I'd need to talk to Rob about that - I don't want to go assuming things that aren't true lol

19. Rob_E

Gold Member

Some great responses, much appreciated.

Please don't think of this as a win/lose where you are giving up some other feature for this. The delay in rolling out new features is due to wanting to get the infrastructure that those new features will be built upon right. Having or not having integrated email is an appropriate question at this point as it would be more difficult to add it later.

20. LaFemme

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    Would the new email have an integrated chat feature like yahoo does? I may chat privately with someone thru yahoo with a dedicated email I use for LPSG - or is it just pure email.

I guess I could kill off my old gmail or yahoo account and switch to an LPSG email, but I would only use it to communicate with members of this site. I keep my membership here private.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice