Youth Hostels with Communal Showers

mcbg1

Sexy Member
Media
Just another sign that younger people (I know that makes me sound old, I'm only 32 ) these days are just becoming so ashamed of their own bodies and want to hide rather than just take a damn shower Infront of their freinds. I suspect that most of the people moaning about the open showers are from countries that have a huge hang up about nudity and therefore they feel utterly disgusted that such showers exist (there are of course private showers available in one80).

Like I said, Germany at least is a very open society when it comes to nudity. My trips to the liquidrom in Berlin and other swimming pools around the country show that younger Germans really don't have any hang ups about being nude Infront of each other, even Infront of members of the opsoite sex. I have have many German freinds who have absolutely no shame about being nude Infront of other friends and family. Indeed when they studied here in Scotland they thought it was weird that things like swimming pools and gyms were all full of locker rooms with individual cubicles. Like it was just ingrained from a young age that you had to hide yourself away when you had no clothes on. The automatic association with sex and nudity doesnt exist in Germany and a lot of other European countries too.

I suspect they may also have read things here. But if they are honest with themselves then the management will realise they run a hostel and open showers or not you'll always get guys and girls having fun in showers at hostels!

That is all true but everybody here is looking for open showers to perv and-or have sex. Let's be real.

good_guy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Would be good to be up to date though!

One80 is sectioned off in both showers now I believe.

Stockholm: Zinkensdam

Showers 4/5 - Open shower space but individual cubicles are partitioned off. You can show off a bit but can also get privacy if you want.

Rooms:
All- Male dorms 5/5. Haven’t had any experiences in bed outside of sleeping naked unbothered
Great start!

And you are right I've been to one80 more than a year ago and things changed.

That's why i believe an updated list of hostels could be awesome!

Reactions: Narvik

Augusto54321

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Are the only showers Hostel Ananas Prague the clear glass ones?
Some rooms are ensuite, but the shared showers have glass doors. I was there two weeks ago (2nd floor) and noticed the frost paper has been removed from most of the cubicles, so there is a nice chance to seek something interesting.

Atbow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hey guys , looking to travel to some new places? What are the best hostels in your opinion? Happy to swap stories and suggestions

lesterbegood

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some rooms are ensuite, but the shared showers have glass doors. I was there two weeks ago (2nd floor) and noticed the frost paper has been removed from most of the cubicles, so there is a nice chance to seek something interesting.
Thanks
Would you stay at the Hostel Ananas again.

Augusto54321

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks
Would you stay at the Hostel Ananas again.
Sure.
Even though they have no male dorms, I realised that when you book a small mixed dorm bed they try to arrange same sex people on it. I experienced that recently in one80, London generator and Ananas as well. So you have both: nice showers and male dorm :)

lesterbegood

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sure.
Even though they have no male dorms, I realised that when you book a small mixed dorm bed they try to arrange same sex people on it. I experienced that recently in one80, London generator and Ananas as well. So you have both: nice showers and male dorm :)
Thanks for the reply?
Any favourites for Paris?