Youth In The Future Will Be The Sign Of The Wealthy ?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This got me thinking. The other day a mate and myself were looking at some skin care products in an upmarket botique store, and we were argueing about how the supposedly better anti aging products were more and more expensive. This led to my mate blurting out - " Mark my words man, in the future it wont be money that lets you know who's rich but who looks the youngest !"

So, do you think that in the future only the rich and those able to afford the new youth creams and lazers and so those who still look like early twenty somethings when they are not biologically, while those of a 'less wealthy' background will be noted because they look 'aged' ?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could be, stranger things have happend.

This got me thinking. The other day a mate and myself were looking at some skin care products in an upmarket botique store, and we were argueing about how the supposedly better anti aging products were more and more expensive. This led to my mate blurting out - " Mark my words man, in the future it wont be money that lets you know who's rich but who looks the youngest !"

So, do you think that in the future only the rich and those able to afford the new youth creams and lazers and so those who still look like early twenty somethings when they are not biologically, while those of a 'less wealthy' background will be noted because they look 'aged' ?

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah. It would be bizarre though. But maybe not as bizarre as the concept of continually cloning a younger version of yourself and just continually transplanting your soul/essence into it. LOL, I need to watch less anime on my down time.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah. It would be bizarre though. But maybe not as bizarre as the concept of continually cloning a younger version of yourself and just continually transplanting your soul/essence into it. LOL, I need to watch less anime on my down time.

haha! tsk tsk, no more Ghost in the Shell for you, mister :biggrin1:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Yes, there is a general association between wealth and the ability to buy products and services that tend to reduce the effects of aging. I believe, however, that market capitalism will encourage the pharmaceutical and medical industries to offer such opportunities to a wider market than the exclusively wealthy. Products and procedures in the range of a few $100s to a few $1000s will be target price-point.

An aside: how you take care of your body matters. It can be done without terribly pricey, corrective expenses:

• Reduce extended stress reactions. Cortisol and other stress hormones wear down the body over time.
  • Protect your skin from UV rays.
  • Wear sunglasses.
  • Engage in a yoga or exercise regimen to keep fit and limber.
Apart from looking young, I would actually wonder if having young i..e having children, will be a sign of wealth and privilege in the future. With food and energy prices only increasing, and the price of education going up, I would wonder if having children will itself be a sign of privilege. Obviously the cost of producing children is free, but raising children and supporting them to maturity may soon be quite cost prohibitive.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, there is a general association between wealth and the ability to buy products and services that tend to reduce the effects of aging. I believe, however, that market capitalism will encourage the pharmaceutical and medical industries to offer such opportunities to a wider market than the exclusively wealthy. Products and procedures in the range of a few $100s to a few $1000s will be target price-point.

An aside: how you take care of your body matters. It can be done without terribly pricey, corrective expenses:

• Reduce extended stress reactions. Cortisol and other stress hormones wear down the body over time.
  • Protect your skin from UV rays.
  • Wear sunglasses.
  • Engage in a yoga or exercise regimen to keep fit and limber.
Apart from looking young, I would actually wonder if having young i..e having children, will be a sign of wealth and privilege in the future. With food and energy prices only increasing, and the price of education going up, I would wonder if having children will itself be a sign of privilege. Obviously the cost of producing children is free, but raising children and supporting them to maturity may soon be quite cost prohibitive.

THat is assuming that people are reproducing consciously. There are many children as we know who were conceived thoughtlessly and raised the same way...

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
The sixth form I went to was part of a public school, with very rich kids around every corner. It was only about 3/4 years ago and I do remember a group of girls (they were beautiful) who, at 17, used anti-ageing creams, which in my opinion was totally ridiculous.

But at that age, the richest kids looked the best, with their almost flawless skin.

So, I see what you're saying. In 40 years, those girls who used expensive anti-ageing treatments will probably look younger than the less rich of us who were less obsessive about using the best treatments.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, I see what you're saying. In 40 years, those girls who used expensive anti-ageing treatments will probably look younger than the less rich of us who were less obsessive about using the best treatments.

Either that or their faces will fall off

D

deleted213967

Virtually ALL the visible signs of aging (skin) are caused by the sun rays (UVAs do penetrate the clouds and are only partially filtered by them) *. Protecting your kids from the sun from day one will achieve an order of magnitude more for their skin than those obscenely overpriced placebos, which at best only marginally help control some of the skin damage.

If anything, it is education (admittedly somewhat correlated to wealth) that will mark the divide.

Still, I cannot believe that in 2008 AD, with terabytes of evidence that UVAs (which cook you all day all year, yes, EVEN in Seattle) are the prime cause of wrinkling (by far), people still refer to the carbonized suntan look as "healthy".

* Evidently aging manifests itself in other ways as well (growing noses, ears, ...) which are visible too... :)

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
THat is assuming that people are reproducing consciously. There are many children as we know who were conceived thoughtlessly and raised the same way...

True, I was assuming a degree of rationality and planning.

What motivated the thought about the expense of having children was having a conversation with an employee at a UHaul station 3 months ago. Sadly, my conversation with him was the first real conversation with a person outside of my socio-economic background that I've had in months. He opened my eyes up to the realities of raising a family on a low budget. He told me that baby food/formula and pampers are some of the items with the highest degree of theft. He also referred to the exchange value of food stamps for baby food/formula was also fairly high.

Even though family planning does not always occur, I wonder if the price of staples for babies will become so high that "the working poor" will decide that it's better not to have children.

ON the opposite end of the income spectrum, I've often suspected that some well-to-do families have children as signs of personal vanity.

D

deleted213967

...by the way most of the sun damage has been done by age 18, so according to the TOS, it is too late for all of us here to reverse it...but not too late to avoid future damage...