Youtube Will Remove More White Supremacist And Hoax Videos, A More Aggressive Stance On Hate Speech

D

deleted15807

Let the proud members of the "Master Race" build their own platform, lease their own servers, write their own code, and administer their own social media site. The "Master Race" must be up to it, alright? Now when can we do the same with Foxy News?

YouTube announced plans on Wednesday to remove thousands of videos and channels that advocate for neo-Nazism, white supremacy and other bigoted ideologies in an attempt to clean up extremism and hate speech on its popular service.

The new policy will ban “videos alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion,” the company said in a blog post. The prohibition will also cover videos denying that violent incidents, like the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, took place.

The kind of content that will be prohibited under YouTube’s new hate speech policies includes videos that claim Jews secretly control the world, those that say women are intellectually inferior to men and therefore should be denied certain rights, or that suggest that the white race is superior to another race, a YouTube spokesman said.

Channels that post some hateful content, but that do not violate YouTube’s rules with the majority of their videos, may receive strikes under YouTube’s three-strike enforcement system, but would not be immediately banned.

The company also said that channels that “repeatedly brush up against our hate speech policies,” but don’t violate them outright, would be removed from YouTube’s advertising program, which allows channel owners to share in the advertising revenue their videos generate.

YouTube to Remove Thousands of Videos Pushing Extreme Views

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
View attachment 3679801 Racism simplified, no one gets a free pass based upon race everybody is held to the same standard, we can't make up the rules as we go

The definition you cite--"the belief that one's own race is superior"--makes my point.

Historically, white racism against black people has been derived from a notion that black people are somehow inferior.

On the other hand, black people who fear and mistrust whites typically do so, not out of some notion of their own racial superiority, but because of the painful history of their people being treated as inferior.

The situation, then, is asymmetrical, in the very terms that define "racism."

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You just termed Youtube as a “tool of society” which I happen to agree with btw. YT/FB are closer to public squares or public utilities at this point. If a person is taken off of YT/FB/Twitter they’re effectively silenced in present day’s society. The effective near universal silencing precisely why people want them silenced on social media.
They are silenced by being banned due to hate speech. They are free to spew their bile on sites which allow such drivel.

If you owned a home it would be your right to tell anyone who visited to keep his or her clothes on, keep their muddy shoes off your furniture and not to throw trash all over the floor. It wouldn't matter if they started shouting that by doing so you are violating their freedoms because ....YOUR HOUSE. YOUR RULES.

Oh, and please (I say this to all who seem to be confused) this is not a violation of freedom of speech. YT is not the government. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of said speech. A retail employee can tell a customer to kiss his ass per his freedom of speech but the employer is free to fire that employee for doing so.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
YouTube, Facebook, LPSG, do not become the public square just because society decides to use them that way. They are still a private business that has every right to restrict what messages their platform is used to present. If you think that YouTube removing content that they don't agree with is restricting the rights of some people then you won't have any problem with me spray painting whatever message I want to convey on your house or on your car, and you certainly wouldn't remove whatever message I choose to put there.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

If a person is taken off of YT/FB/Twitter they’re effectively silenced in present day’s society. The effective near universal silencing precisely why people want them silenced on social media.

And my response is....so? They are 100% FREE to start their own hate based network like Rupert Murdoch did with Foxy News.

Those companies are under no obligation for their infrastructure to be used in that form. Penguin Random House and Simon & Schuster are under no obligation to publish books by anti-vaxxers, holocaust deniers and the KKK. So too FB, Twitter and YouTube are under no obligation to publish hate based disinformation on a variety of topics. They are modern day internet enabled publishers and should take that role far more seriously.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not a belief that one race is inherently Superior than another, it is that one race believes that they are superior to the other, for example if you're black and you believe for some reason you're better than Asians that would constitute racism, to be fair you must hold all races to the same standard, with all that said rest assured there will still be bias and discrimination when it comes to YouTube cleaning up the videos they allow

You're working real hard to miss the point. Thanks for playing.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not one to buy into this premise, the perpetrators you cited and many others became aggressive with police officers and their actions cost them their lives, my advice to people that break the laws and come in contact with police officers is to do what they ask you to do and you will most likely come out alive
RIP, Philandro Castile, Laquan McDonald and Tamir Rice.

D

deleted15807

I’ll respond at length later, but suffice it to say I think you’re wrong. Free speech is far more crucial to society than polite speech.

Please let me know what free speech is being impinged upon? They have a right to YouTube? They have a right to Facebook? They have a right to LPSG which bans hate speech? They are 100% free to say whatever they want. I know I'm right and I know you're wrong.

I'll trust the Germans who know a thing or two about hate speech and where it leads.

Germany starts enforcing hate speech law

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Just making a point with a metaphor, you know like the other one, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Nice civil chat, keep fighting the good fight
Looks LIKE a simile to me.

I do believe no one has cut their vocal cords or chopped off their fingers. They are free to yell and scream and write write write. They have no constitutional right to Facebook, Twitter or Google. You are completely unhooking your ideals from the manifestos left on Facebook and Twitter and the like before they go out shooting up people which then feed into the next deranged and armed monster. And how about live streaming massacres like the one in New Zealand. Is that free speech too?

And it goes beyond just hate speech. The entire 2016 election was influenced by the dissemination of outright LIES presented as facts, by entities such as Breitbart and Russian planted disinformation designed to sow discord and change the outcome of the election to THEIR desired result.

Why should any RESPONSIBLE information platform allow itself to be a vessel for the willful and deliberate dissemination of outright BULLSHIT and LIES??

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
That is a "conspiracy" theory.

The 2016 election was primarily influenced by the errors of the Clinton campaign.

Those errors were well documented but conveniently forgotten as soon as Russia was brought out as the whipping boy.

Are you insinuating that Breitbart had a hand in swaying independents and the undecided with their niche audience and niche message? NO independents or undecided voters consume Breitbart or Alex Jones nonsense. They are preaching to the choir with a very specific message designed to appeal to a HARDCORE anti-Democrat audience that wouldn't vote for a Democrat if you handed them a million dollars.

Breitbart didn't sway a fucking thing... and Russia didn't either.

The Benghazi investigations and Comey did more to screw Clinton from the outside than ANYONE has... yet despite this common sense explanation... you want to blame Breitbart and Russia instead?!?

1). Hillary was a SHIT candidate whose campaign did NOT want votes in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania... her campaign didn't want blue collar Americans, working class Americans or anyone in the South East to vote for her. Her campaign ran the exact opposite of the Southern Strategy and it was a disastrous decision and was the PRIMARY reason tat she lost.

2). Her email insanity also hurt her

3). The Benghazi Investigation also hurt her...not as much as 1 & 2, but it did have an effect

4). Her "basket of deplorables" statement was a colossal mistake. Probably not as strong of an effect as the Benghazi hearings but it did destroy her ability to reach across the aisle and attract the same right leaning independents as Obama did.

5). Comey was no friend to Clinton.

Yet when faced with this overwhelming reality, you wanna blame Russia and Breitbart. You KNOW FOR A FACT that the U.S. has interfered in 80+ elections since WWII... yet SOMEHOW THINK THAT THE U.S. GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ELECTION INTEGRITY.

WHO INTERFERED IN THOSE 80+ ELECTIONS? THE INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES & STATE DEPARTMENT OF THE U.S.

YET THOSE LYING SACKS OF SHIT ARE THE EXACT INSTITUTIONS THAT CLAIM ELECTION INTERFERENCE BY RUSSIA!!!!!

IT IS THE WOLF GUARDING THE HENHOUSE... YOU SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY OPEN THEIR SNOUTS AND TELL YOU WHO THEY CLAIM HAS BEEN KILLING THE HENS... IT IS ALWAYS THE WOLF GUARDING THE HENHOUSE THAT HAS EATEN THE CHICKENS.

TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE IS EXERCISING EXTREME NAIVETY.

I read the first three sentences of the above and didn't even bother to read the rest. A Putin defender denying documented Russian manipulation and influence in our election. What a surprise!

BlatinoX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just stopping in for a moment. This was overreach by Youtube. I’m saying this as a black man who believes YT should allow these channels to exist. I’ll never agree with them or watch them, but I care for freedom to communicate on the platform.

While I'm also for freedom of speech, there are limits to it and YouTube as a private company has every right to control what content they wish to have on their platform. If you don't agree with their policies and guidelines, no one is forcing you to use it. As the original poster suggested, no one is stopping these racists from going out there and creating/maintaining their own platform and spewing all the hate they want.