Status
Not open for further replies.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Spladle said:
In a sense, it'd be kinda cool. It'd make me like a martyr for free speech and whatnot, which is sweet.

A martyr for free speech? Look, if you want to be the Jeanne d'Arc of

Spladle said:
As an aside, beautifulthings is so disgustingly retarded that she makes me want to vomit in her face.

that's your issue. The owner of this site told us he's no longer willing to foot the bill for deiberately offensive crap like this, and a moderator went out on a limb to offer you a chance to stick around. The earnestness with which you are wasting that chance has garnered you my attention as well. :disappointed:

Heath

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Spladle said:
As an aside, beautifulthings is so disgustingly retarded that she makes me want to vomit in her face.
Heath,

Have you read the repetitive, argumentative, racially stereotyped posts by beautifulthings on the "Are Black Men Bigger?" thread to which Spladle's comments pertain?

If you look at his and others' responses on that thread, it would be hard to claim that he does not have a point, which he has expounded there in detail with wit and intelligence.

---> http://www.lpsg.org/575564-post547.html

If people's idiocy can no longer be pointed out to them here in a direct manner that helps to maintain intelligence and order on the boads (within reason, at least!), then maybe we can also set about contemplating a ban on Jana, Dr. Rock and others who have in this way helped to keep the site free from brain-dead pollutants trying to pass themselves off as human beings.

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BronxBombshell said:
I'm starting to think everyone has seen Spladle's penis but me. Irrespective of my signaure: Show it to me. All I ever saw was a drawing. LOL

:eek: At least you've seen a drawing! I haven't seen anything! :disappointed: *gets on knees in front of alex8...:32: * Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease alex8? :rolleyes:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
Heath,

Have you read the repetitive, argumentative, racially stereotyped posts by beautifulthings on the "Are Black Men Bigger?" thread to which Spladle's comments pertain?

If you look at his and others' responses on that thread, it would be hard to claim that he does not have a point, which he has expounded there in detail with wit and intelligence.

---> http://www.lpsg.org/575564-post547.html

If people's idiocy can no longer be pointed out to them here in a direct manner that helps to maintain intelligence and order on the boads (within reason, at least!), then maybe we can also set about contemplating a ban on Jana, Dr. Rock and others who have in this way helped to keep the site free from brain-dead pollutants trying to pass themselves off as human beings.

I think Chase's comments are best left in that thread where they have context, rather than here--where, without context, they sound like a flame out of left field. Not everyone reads every thread/subforum or the ramblings of every poster.

I think it may be time to retire. Sigh.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Guys, what are seeing here is not simply a discussion of Free Speech rights. What the mod/admin team is trying to get across is that any discussion on LPSG, regardless of subject, can and must remain civil, mature and appropriate to the serious or tongue-in-cheek nature of the topic.

If we can tactfully let a poster know that he or she has crossed a line with scathing words that will curl their toe hair without descending to their level of depravity then we must do so where possible. Sometimes, though, (and I mean rarely) a cuntfaced fucktard is just a cuntfaced fucktard.

Let's remember the uniqueness of LPSG: its members, its community, and do all that we can to make sure that it does not go the way of the Neanderthal.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Pecker said:
Guys, what are seeing here is not simply a discussion of Free Speech rights. What the mod/admin team is trying to get across is that any discussion on LPSG, regardless of subject, can and must remain civil, mature and appropriate to the serious or tongue-in-cheek nature of the topic.

Mother Teresa strokes her whiskered chin and says, "Right on, baby!"

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. That'll teach me to go to bed early.:redface:

This thread's been one ultra-dramatic read.

I'm not sure which has been more telling; the initial posted pm thread premise or the subsequent responses.

Either way I don't think anything's going to change anything around here.

One good thing though?

At this writing 10:34 a.m. Eastern Standard Time Spladle is still here to read and comment on what's been written about him in response to his intent and his reprimand.

That, I say, is real progress.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just don't know why sitting at the computer in the safety of one's home makes people soooo bold. Hardly any of you people would speak like this in public. Why should the cyber world be a fucking playground for people's sociopathic tendencies. These tendencies are "dark sides" and should not be explored. Most of us wouldn't tolerate two seconds of this shit in real life. I've had some smart ass shit said to me on this site, things that were totally uncalled for. Any man in REAL LIFE says shit to me (women get to insult me to the end of time), there's gonna be a problem. People hide in their homes or cofee shops and decide to be caustic because noone is gonna take them to task physically.

When it comes to hurting people's feelings (insensitive people will have no idea what I am talking about), I think we should try to follow the rules of nature and try not to get thy ass beat! Just because I can't reach out and slap you, doesn't mean you should thumb your nose at me from behind your computer (I'm being hypothetical... never wanted to really physically hurt anyone here)! I've said it before, all you people that find this bad behavior cute, are not understanding the fact that sadists are a small population of the planet. Most people would like to be nice, simple as that. If This site wants to sell more Gold memberships in the future, the sarcasm and negativity needs to be toned down. Oh and SurferGirl, I can read quite a bit in 8 minutes, and I was reading before I asked what the deal was with the two names. Capiche?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
tripod said:
I just don't know why sitting at the computer in the safety of one's home makes people soooo bold. Hardly any of you people would speak like this in public. Why should the cyber world be a fucking playground for people's sociopathic tendencies. These tendencies are "dark sides" and should not be explored. Most of us wouldn't tolerate two seconds of this shit in real life. I've had some smart ass shit said to me on this site, things that were totally uncalled for. Any man in REAL LIFE says shit to me (women get to insult me to the end of time), there's gonna be a problem. People hide in their homes or cofee shops and decide to be caustic because noone is gonna take them to task physically.

When it comes to hurting people's feelings (insensitive people will have no idea what I am talking about), I think we should try to follow the rules of nature and try not to get thy ass beat! Just because I can't reach out and slap you, doesn't mean you should thumb your nose at me from behind your computer (I'm being hypothetical... never wanted to really physically hurt anyone here)! I've said it before, all you people that find this bad behavior cute, are not understanding the fact that sadists are a small population of the planet. Most people would like to be nice, simple as that. If This site wants to sell more Gold memberships in the future, the sarcasm and negativity needs to be toned down. Oh and SurferGirl, I can read quite a bit in 8 minutes, and I was reading before I asked what the deal was with the two names. Capiche?

Well, true, a lot of what is said here would never be said in 'real life'. But not just insults and sarcasm - a lot of soul baring goes on here, a lot of questions get asked that the questioner would be too embarassed to ask in person. And how many people will walk into a room full of (mostly) strangers and ask them their opinion on something? Or walk into a conversation between strangers and just chime in with their own opinion? That sort of thing seldom happens in a face-to-face environment, but it happens all the time here, and in other online forums. That's the nature of the internet - it's not like real life.

I doubt that traditional standards of courtesy will ever make it over to the online world. There are too many communication issues involved. It's hard at times to tell when someone is being sarcastic, making a reductio ad absurdum argument, making an 'in' joke, or speaking in earnest. In person, when you inadvertently say something offensive, there are verbal and nonverbal cues to pick up, and once you realize the other party is offended, you can explain yourself pretty much immediately. Online, you can't tell how someone is taking a statement you made until they reply. And they may have had hours to stew about it. And the response may be an angry one... and the original poster won't understand the reason for all the anger... and then we are off to the races:popcorn:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rob_just_rob said:
That's the nature of the internet - it's not like real life.
And we have a winner.

The nature of virtual interaction and face-to-face interaction is very different... and, as human beings who for the most part grew up without much exposure to the virtual realm, most of us are still adjusting to quite what 'virtual interaction' means. But to expect an exact reproduction of 'real life' would be to fail to pay attention to the different medium.

Generally speaking, I agree with Pecker's comments above, though... so long as LPSG remains open and progressive, rather than narrow-minded and Neanderthal, I think things are on the right track; a dictum that holds true for the site owner, the moderators, and the membership alike.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pecker said:

If we can tactfully let a poster know that he or she has crossed a line with scathing words that will curl their toe hair without descending to their level of depravity then we must do so where possible. Sometimes, though, (and I mean rarely) a cuntfaced fucktard is just a cuntfaced fucktard.

Let's remember the uniqueness of LPSG: its members, its community, and do all that we can to make sure that it does not go the way of the Neanderthal.
How do we decide when a cuntfaced fucktard is a cuntfaced fucktard? Can we count on you guys to give us the go ahead when its okay to let a cunfaced fucktard know they're a cuntfaced fucktard? Or do we do what we do and wait for the warnings/bannings?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
BronxBombshell said:
How do we decide when a cuntfaced fucktard is a cuntfaced fucktard? Can we count on you guys to give us the go ahead when its okay to let a cunfaced fucktard know they're a cuntfaced fucktard? Or do we do what we do and wait for the warnings/bannings?

Our next seminar on Cuntfaced Fucktardism will be scheduled in the near future, time permitting, and according to Pecker's limited ability to talk Madame Zora into being the main lecturer.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rob_just_rob said:
Empirical standard:

If someone has less than 10 posts, and manages to say something offensive in each one = cuntface fucktard.

I would call that a pretty fair assumption Rob :smile:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is really going well.... I think we are coming to a sane, rational common ground. By the way, in my post I was only saying that when it comes to saying things that could hurt other's feeling's one should try and behave as you were standing in the same room together. I didn't ever imply that the virtual realm should be like reality. Tone down the sarcasm, wit, and inflammatory comments towards others, and this site will be a more beautiful place. I totally agree with calling a fucktard a fucktard though.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
118 replies in one day, this matter is cooking, all I can say. But is it worth it? Do we need to debate this to a level where I'm not sure it belongs? Again, I consider this a private matter of Spladle with the board. It's nothing about free speech in my eyes, nothing about fascism. He has, in Pecker's eyes, broken a rule and Pecker has given him a reprimand. Does this need to be turned into a public discussion, which will again break open old trenches? I don't think that's needed. Move on.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find it interesting that any 'standard' is set by anyone other than the poster himself. There's no standard. If there is it's an imposition.

Many posters whose posting manner is blatantly unkind by nature with a take-no-prisoners attitude are lauded as "the standard" of righteous dictatorial correctness only if certain key members happen to concur with that poster's views. Others (much like Splade here) who would post in no more or less an abrupt fashion are vilified. :33:

What 'standard'?:rolleyes: The "popular standard"? That's horse shit.

The thing I think most find most offensive or irritating about Splade is that you cannot label him. It's pretty plain to me.

I think it's his strength.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Well, true, a lot of what is said here would never be said in 'real life'. But not just insults and sarcasm - a lot of soul baring goes on here, a lot of questions get asked that the questioner would be too embarassed to ask in person. And how many people will walk into a room full of (mostly) strangers and ask them their opinion on something? Or walk into a conversation between strangers and just chime in with their own opinion? That sort of thing seldom happens in a face-to-face environment, but it happens all the time here, and in other online forums. That's the nature of the internet - it's not like real life.

I doubt that traditional standards of courtesy will ever make it over to the online world.[/] There are too many communication issues involved. It's hard at times to tell when someone is being sarcastic, making a reductio ad absurdum argument, making an 'in' joke, or speaking in earnest. In person, when you inadvertently say something offensive, there are verbal and nonverbal cues to pick up, and once you realize the other party is offended, you can explain yourself pretty much immediately. Online, you can't tell how someone is taking a statement you made until they reply. And they may have had hours to stew about it. And the response may be an angry one... and the original poster won't understand the reason for all the anger... and then we are off to the races:popcorn:

I think for this exactly motive we have moderatos bcause if we cant moderate ourselves we will receive 'warnings' from them or other posters in a thread...

I dont think that free speech makes ok for us to be rude with people..even if some where just joking and not really being rude. And about sarcasm it can get pretty annoying when the sarcastic do not draw a line...but witty people are cool...:biggrin1:

As much as I enjoy and got much of Spladle playing style and like his personalities :)tongue: ) I do understand why some can be annoyed by him (and others)

Its really hard to identify the many nuances behind a person expression communicating in writting most of the time I have no clue...:dunno: but people that are here for long time do not own the place, or the ones that are most postings this days...if the new ones do not come and find a nice place to exchanges and stay...LPSG will become a village of the same old same old things and maybe boring...I like some nonsense and play stuff but is good to have balance with all things.

If we are in a thread exchange about 'serious' matter it gets very annoying constant playful remarks, sure we can choose to ignore but why a playful poster can not restrain herself or hymself of posting there???:confused: If is just an ignorant view of the matter for lack of knowlege is understood as just plain ignorance..and for sure I'm guilty of that.:biggrin1:

Than I think when Spladle were 'warned' but moderators is bcause he some how acted Spladle to a new member that did not know his ways...that can be offensive to some. Why new members have to do homework before post ? I did not and came just for help and etc...here is my first board. I think would be nice we kind of treat nice or neutral the new members, just like we are in a new school...at least at first - no bullying...:rolleyes::biggrin1: let them feel the interactions and particularities of the others and etc. But the lurkes already are familiar or have at least an ideia about things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.