Yuck, Just got this in my Uni Email

D

deleted157868

X's substitute things that can give away my location.

On XXXX, XXXX XX traveling members of the Westboro Baptist Church
from Topeka Kansas, led by Fred Phelps, will make a stop in the city of
XXXX. Mr. Phelps and the members of the Westboro Baptist Church are
well known for their anti-gay activism.

This small group plans to picket in various locations in XXXX on the
morning of XXXX, XXXX. They plan to be at the corner of XXXX
and XXXX. from 8:20 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. While this is not
University property, it is close enough to our campus that I wish to
make you aware of the demonstration. XXXX XXXX Police are aware of the
potential for a demonstration on this corner, as it is a dangerous
intersection with little room for pedestrians.

The University places high regard on the values of inclusion, civility,
respect and individual worth and remains committed to supporting an
environment where all students, faculty and staff are valued and
respected regardless of their views or orientations. However, it is also
important for all of us to understand that no matter how any member of
this community feels about a message imparted by any person or group,
the University fully recognizes the First Amendment rights of others to
free speech and is committed to this principle of freedom of expression.
The great diversity of our campus provides fertile ground for open
discussion on contradictory viewpoints and these dialogues must always
be encouraged, regardless of the nature of the content.

While I am not gay I am still a strong pro-gay person and I find this disgusting how these hateful people can preach on a public forum. I know the 1st Amendment and everything but how about a little respect for people choices?

I thought this may be able to insight some good responses.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While I do not agree with what this group has to say...if they are not allowed to speak because we disagree with them...we would not be allowed to speak because they disagree with us! That is the choice we all have.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
X's substitute things that can give away my location.

While I am not gay I am still a strong pro-gay person and I find this disgusting how these hateful people can preach on a public forum. I know the 1st Amendment and everything but how about a little respect for people choices?

I thought this may be able to insight some good responses.

it's spelled incite

sure u dont' wanna give ur uni a shout out? or at least ur english prof?

D

deleted157868

it's spelled incite

sure u dont' wanna give ur uni a shout out? or at least ur english prof?

One spelling error, I'm so sorry. Jeeze. I would rather have a spelling error then type like an idiot. Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
While I do not agree with what this group has to say...if they are not allowed to speak because we disagree with them...we would not be allowed to speak because they disagree with us! That is the choice we all have.
What he said. Their message may be unpalatable, but people have died protecting their right to preach it. The God I believe in doesn't hate anybody, so I have no idea where Phelps and his acolytes are coming from. They must have read a different Bible or something. .

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What he said. Their message may be unpalatable, but people have died protecting their right to preach it. The God I believe in doesn't hate anybody, so I have no idea where Phelps and his acolytes are coming from. They must have read a different Bible or something. .

Listen I dislike this group so much I have donated money to "The Patriot Guard Riders" That is how I can support my feelings about the issues I disagree with regarding this groups tactics. If you have something to say in opposition go and say it... But if you take the higher road you are more likely to be heard.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why did they pick your school? They usually do so for a specific reason. P.S. I hope they encounter a sniper or two.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Listen I dislike this group so much I have donated money to "The Patriot Guard Riders" That is how I can support my feelings about the issues I disagree with regarding this groups tactics. If you have something to say in opposition go and say it... But if you take the higher road you are more likely to be heard.
That's the best way. Vote with your pocketbook and don't dirty your hands scrapping with the likes of Phelps.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Why did they pick your school? They usually do so for a specific reason. P.S. I hope they encounter a sniper or two.

They went there because of all the xxxxx"s

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One spelling error, I'm so sorry. Jeeze. I would rather have a spelling error then type like an idiot. Does anyone else see the irony in this?

it wasn't a spelling error, they're two different words with two different meanings.

n while ur over at dictionary.com look up the word irony, alanis morissette got it wrong too.

oh ya, and it's rather/than, not rather/then

really nice cock on u tho, i'd luv to tutor u in pvt. :biggrin1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
we dont preach hate

I don't and you don't, but apparently his followers only want to hear about hate. Only your voice can make a difference if you want it to make a difference. The best advice I can give to anyone is that if there is a group whether it is religious or political; take the time to read their platform and thus you are armed with the knowledge of your opponents argument. I'm sure they have not taken the time to hear any other voice than what they are preaching. It gives the intelligent person the upper hand in that they understand what the other person is saying, you don't have to agree with it, and it very well may give you the leverage in your closing arguments on the subject. But don't whine on the internet about how unfair the world is if you are not willing to go out and make your voice heard in the real world!

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
We had similar in my community last week. The Sutherland Group had a meeting, whoever the fuck they are. There were as many of us as there were of them. We just stood outside the venue with banners that said things like Family is Everyone, Equality for all Humans, Obama says this is the UNITED States of America. I don't they they are getting much traction. Those days are done thanks to the likes of Harvey Milk.

B_doc23cm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think Phelps has that many followers, he just tries to make a nuisance of himself. Kicking off at any demonstration of his would be feeding the troll par excellence.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I dislike them a lot, but they have the right to say what they want.

I hope their church burns down again... (Yeah yeah, I'm not the most ethical person, but I dislike them :tongue: )