Zachary Quinto is officially out

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Heroes and Star Trek actor about whom many of us have speculated and lusted makes it official in the latest issue of New York Magazine:

Quote from AfterElton.com:

Zachary Quinto is "Out and Proud" | TV Show Recaps, Celebrity Interviews & News About Gay & Bisexual Men | AfterElton.com

A publicist for New York Magazine has issued the following release:

In this week’s New York magazine, on newsstands Monday October 17 and online now, actor Zachary Quinto, perhaps best known as Spock in J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek, says definitively that he’s gay. Quinto tells New York contributing editor Benjamin Wallace, of his eight-month role last year in Angels in America, “…as a gay man, it made me feel like there’s still so much work to be done, and there’s still so many things that need to be looked at and addressed.”​

Quinto has played a series of gay roles, including on Tori Spelling’s TV show So NoTORIous, and on the new FX series American Horror Story, and has been outspoken about gay-rights issues, but he has not previously identified himself as gay. Speaking with Wallace about the cultural bipolarity that can see gay marriage legalized in New York in the same year that yet another gay teenager was bullied and killed himself, Quinto says, “And again, as a gay man I look at that and say there’s a hopelessness that surrounds it, but as a human being I look at it and say ‘Why? Where’s this disparity coming from, and why can’t we as a culture and society dig deeper to examine that?’ We’re terrified of facing ourselves.”​

Quinto, currently promoting his film Margin Call, a financial-crisis thriller in which he co-stars alongside Kevin Spacey, Stanley Tucci, and Jeremy Irons and the first feature for his production company, also addresses the Wall Street protesters with Wallace: “As a left-leaning Democrat, I feel a sense of resonance with their position. But as a citizen of this country, I feel deeply unsettled that people are rising up in movements against each other. It feels like we’re missing the mark … The bottom line is we’re all fucked, and we’re all in this together.”​

The extended Q&A with Quinto is online at Vulture.​

Here's a link to a search of the Celebrity forums concerning this particular gentleman:

Of course, this doesn't mean he's necessarily available, since the rumour is he's been dating Broadway performer and Glee guest star Jonathan Groff for a while now.​

.​

S

SirConcis

So does this mean that Spock's fling with Uhura is over ? Will Uhura finally open up to Kirk now that Spock is out of the competition or will she turn lesbian and fall in love with nurse Chapel ? Will Spock fall in love with Sulu ? Will Bones masturbate while covertly watching the 2 lesbians make love ?

All these questions , and more, in the next installement of JJ Abrams' Star Trek :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeyinbrooklyn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work at a restaurant that he has eaten at a number of times, and have talked to him casually. ZQ seems like the nicest, most down-to-earth person. I couldn't be happier for him for his coming out and his career success. And, I must say, he is just a cute in person.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
I work at a restaurant that he has eaten at a number of times, and have talked to him casually. ZQ seems like the nicest, most down-to-earth person. I couldn't be happier for him for his coming out and his career success. And, I must say, he is just a cute in person.
Was he ever with anyone that seemed like his boyfriend?

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
these celebs are so self absorbed its ridiculous. why do they have to announce that they're gay and why does the media make a big deal out of it?

Only gay dude I can truly respect is Anderson Cooper. He keeps his private life and his job separate.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
these celebs are so self absorbed its ridiculous. why do they have to announce that they're gay and why does the media make a big deal out of it?

Only gay dude I can truly respect is Anderson Cooper. He keeps his private life and his job separate.

One reason IS... young gay kids have one of the highest suicide rates in the nation. It helps to know that someone you look up too shares common ground in your issues. ALSO, being openly gay has MANY MANY bad reprocussions on the job front. *for many people in many states* Some places you can be fired for being gay, and pretty much till Ellen came along...no real BIG main stream actors/actresses/sports figures were open and out in their chosen job. It is kinda a big deal. Especially, if you're a gay person.

AND Anderson Cooper is openly gay...he did have to come out at some time...so just because you didn't see the announcement...doesnt mean he didn't make one. ALSO, just because you come out openly...doesn't mean you will make that your main issue or topic. Most people keep their personal lives to themselves, UNLESS they have a reason for letting their personal life become more public.

Reactions: Hemmelighed

aaronbnool

Cherished Member
Media
Knew about this a long time ago. He hit on my friend at this thai restaurant in west hollywood. My friend didn't know who it was and told us this guy was hitting on him and then we all took a look and it was Zachary.