Zeitgeist

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Has anyone else seen it? I am all worked up about it! A friend of mine recommended it, so I watched it online: Zeitgeist - The Movie

...............................................................................................

Here is a summary from IMDB: This film gathers information from many sources and puts it together in a way that shows it is possible for people to be manipulated by large institutions, governments and economic powers. It is divided into 3 parts. 1. Religion: Pagan astrological beliefs compared to modern and ancient religions. (9:35-35:53) 2. 9/11: An overview of the numerous questionable aspects of this immensely important event. (35:54-1:09:16) 3. The Federal Reserve Bank: A history of its formation and ability to control the economy. (1:09:17-1:56:23) With many news clips from tragic events in history, audio excerpts from those who believe people are being misled about the level of freedom they have, this riveting documentary will anger those who agree with it as well as those who do not. A very timely and important piece of work that all free thinking people should see. Viewer Content Warning: This film contains stock photos and film of war and September 11th scenes that may not be suitable for all viewers. (18 or older) Written by Jeff1961

Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007) (V) - Plot summary

........................................................................................

The movie is 2 hours long, but should definetely be watched.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I saw Zeitgeist on Google videos. I was really amazed. It was very Matrix-y in content. But very truthful and scary. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of it on DVD. You have to watch them in sequence. It will make you mad. It made me mad.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this film a couple of months ago. I was previously aware of most the information but it does present it in a very concise straight ahead manner. Some people will be blown away by it and some will just write it off as conspiracy propaganda, but I think it should be seen by everybody...

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here is a summary from IMDB: This film gathers information from many sources and puts it together in a way that shows it is possible for people to be manipulated by large institutions, governments and economic powers. It is divided into 3 parts. 1. Religion: Pagan astrological beliefs compared to modern and ancient religions. (9:35-35:53) 2. 9/11: An overview of the numerous questionable aspects of this immensely important event. (35:54-1:09:16) 3. The Federal Reserve Bank: A history of its formation and ability to control the economy. (1:09:17-1:56:23) With many news clips from tragic events in history, audio excerpts from those who believe people are being misled about the level of freedom they have, this riveting documentary will anger those who agree with it as well as those who do not. A very timely and important piece of work that all free thinking people should see. Viewer Content Warning: This film contains stock photos and film of war and September 11th scenes that may not be suitable for all viewers. (18 or older) Written by Jeff1961

The movie is 2 hours long, but should definetely be watched.

The first reddened passage is a sure sign for me that this movie is far from a must-see. The how manieth rehash of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11 and the Fed will we see? I see myself as a free thinking person, but my mind also tells me that the only grain of truth in these theories is usually the event they emerge from, whereas all the conclusions are highly speculative. But that's stuff for another thread.

I know how easy it is to manipulate through television and newspapers. Has to be, after all, both only give fragments of an event, the selection of these fragments depends on the journalist and his own political biases. The most manipulative medium of publication however remains the hotbed of conspiracy theories: The Internet, where the biggest crap can be presented in the most serious way.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The how manieth rehash of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11 and the Fed will we see?

Exactly what conspiracy theory are you referring to? I'm curious as to why you believe by merely presenting the facts of what happened on 9/11 minus speculation, amounts to a conspiracy theory. There are many unanswered questions about the events of that day. The known facts of that day do not even come close to matching the "official" theory. I would think that as a free thinking person, your mind might also mention that as well.

On a side note...I would be very grateful if anyone could please find me just one photo from anywhere of crash debris at the Pentagon on that day.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
It was made legally available on youtube. I think there are 13 episodes. I send it to all of my facebook friends. I don't believe everything that it says, but it's still very interesting--especially the Messiah mythology. The 9/11 stuff wasn't so believable.

bzemek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This film is amazing and eye-opening thus far...I'm beginning part 3 right now. I think as far as the part on 9/11 goes, "loose change" was pretty biased and made claims that were reaches. I think this presents everything in fact. The videos, interviews, etc are particularly skewed.

If you have not, watch this please!

bzemek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...and WOW, part 3 is the most riviting part and a great conclusion to the previous 2.

I warn you, this film leaves you feeling just a little insignificant...but well worth the time.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The 9/11 stuff wasn't so believable.

Hi rec. What part of the events on 9/11 did you not find believable? The rate at which the buildings fell? The lack of any debris or film evidence at neither the Pentagon or in Pennsylvania? The war exercises going on that prevented intervention by any defensive action over the entire period of take off to impact? Building number 7 imploding later that day for no apparent reason? These are just some of the factual events of the day. Everyone has to draw their own conclusions as to how they interpret them and what really happened.

I found the third part to be the scariest. It almost makes it inconsequential, aside from the symbolism, who becomes the next President. The agenda is already well in place.

As is related to this topic, I would also direct anybody interested, to the web site: Welcome to the Project for the New American Century

It was established in 1997 by the men who 3 years later would steal the White House and implement the principles stated below.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]June 3, 1997[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]American foreign and defense policy is adrift. Conservatives have criticized the incoherent policies of the Clinton Administration. They have also resisted isolationist impulses from within their own ranks. But conservatives have not confidently advanced a strategic vision of America's role in the world. They have not set forth guiding principles for American foreign policy. They have allowed differences over tactics to obscure potential agreement on strategic objectives. And they have not fought for a defense budget that would maintain American security and advance American interests in the new century. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We aim to change this. We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As the 20th century draws to a close, the United States stands as the world's preeminent power. Having led the West to victory in the Cold War, America faces an opportunity and a challenge: Does the United States have the vision to build upon the achievements of past decades? Does the United States have the resolve to shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are in danger of squandering the opportunity and failing the challenge. We are living off the capital -- both the military investments and the foreign policy achievements -- built up by past administrations. Cuts in foreign affairs and defense spending, inattention to the tools of statecraft, and inconstant leadership are making it increasingly difficult to sustain American influence around the world. And the promise of short-term commercial benefits threatens to override strategic considerations. As a consequence, we are jeopardizing the nation's ability to meet present threats and to deal with potentially greater challenges that lie ahead.

We seem to have forgotten the essential elements of the Reagan Administration's success: a military that is strong and ready to meet both present and future challenges; a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad; and national leadership that accepts the United States' global responsibilities.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of course, the United States must be prudent in how it exercises its power. But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership or the costs that are associated with its exercise. America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests. The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today. But it is necessary if the United States is to build on the successes of this past century and to ensure our security and our greatness in the next. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Elliott Abrams Gary Bauer William J. Bennett Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney Eliot A. Cohen Midge Decter Paula Dobriansky Steve Forbes

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aaron Friedberg[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Francis Fukuyama[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Frank Gaffney[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Zalmay Khalilzad[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I. Lewis Libby [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Peter W. Rodman [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stephen P. Rosen [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vin Weber[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] George Weigel[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Paul Wolfowitz[/FONT]

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Hi rec. What part of the events on 9/11 did you not find believable? The rate at which the buildings fell? The lack of any debris or film evidence at neither the Pentagon or in Pennsylvania? The war exercises going on that prevented intervention by any defensive action over the entire period of take off to impact? Building number 7 imploding later that day for no apparent reason? These are just some of the factual events of the day. Everyone has to draw their own conclusions as to how they interpret them and what really happened.
That was full of allegorical bias Stretch. It's clear which side of the fence you sit on.

Do you really believe that the US government has the sophistication to pull of such a huge hoax? Just as with the moon landing, I can't believe that the government can pull off such and elaborate exercise without leaving significant evidence.

There are plenty of explanations for the apparent rate that the buildings fell, building number 7's demise, the lack of debris in Pennsylvania. For every conspiracy theory there is a non-conspiracy theory, but at the end of the day I find it difficult to believe that the government could organize such a huge undertaking en camera. I do believe that suggestions of a possible attack were ignored. This could be due to the administration's desire for an incident, or it could simply be ineptitude.

Don't flatter those idiots.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly what conspiracy theory are you referring to? I'm curious as to why you believe by merely presenting the facts of what happened on 9/11 minus speculation, amounts to a conspiracy theory. There are many unanswered questions...

On a side note...I would be very grateful if anyone could please find me just one photo from anywhere of crash debris at the Pentagon on that day.

I found the third part to be the scariest. It almost makes it inconsequential, aside from the symbolism, who becomes the next President. The agenda is already well in place.

As is related to this topic, I would also direct anybody interested, to the web site: Welcome to the Project for the New American Century
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Call me a prophet, call me supernatural, whatever. I knew these old chestnuts would come up. Being no expert in the field of structural engineering, I will avoid conclusions here, but I can give you answers for two issues.

1. The seemingly obvious lack of debris at the Pentagon/Shanksville crash sites. Above all: A plane crash is no car accident, where there is a wreck worth this name. Please take a look at the images I attached, which show the site of the crash of Air France flight no. 4590, on 7/25/00. You will notice that almost nothing is left, as an example I have added a picture of the largest discernible cockpit part. Most of the fuselage, wings and interior was burnt to cinder, more massive parts embedded themselves in the earth. By the way, a hotel has been flattened in this crash also. And, just if you should think so: The phots have been taken before the debris were cleared. Other graphs in the report show what parts of the airframe could be reconstructed, look up the file of the report yourself.

2. The Air Force exercises. I suppose you are referring to Vigilant Guardian, right? This is a war game that is held annually, it has been a constant in my life for a long time, so to say. The exact conduction is not set in stone, but the basic premise still is a major air thread to CONUS, through a soviet or generally enemy air force. The date for this exercise has been scheduled much earlier, my personal participation in this had been scheduled for the afternoon of 9/11/01. And it is not unusual that if a case of emergency during an exercise stirs up some shit eventually, especially if it comes unannounced and can be linked to the exercise scenario. That sounds unprofessional, but it is real.

Oh, and a little word on the political projects. I have long since stopped taking them seriously. They produce speeches, political manifests, accumulate same-minded politicians, but bottom line they remain theoreticians that don't survive the political business outside their office spaces.

Attachments

xLx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
who the f*ck is Peter Joseph, and why should i devote two hours of my time to his opinions?

it would help if he had some kind of credentials but the official website barely even mentions his name. odd since he is the only person credited in this thing. without some information about the originator there's no way to even begin to assess it's provenance.

PS check out his 'sources': Zeitgeist - The Movie

*scoff*