'Zetas' drug cartel seizes 2 US ranches in TX!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did a long search on this to find news from a reliable news source. Nothing. Not even in the Texas papers. Blogs aren't a reliable news source. There is a problem with the drug cartel in Texas. However, this incident never happened.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and from today from the texas GOP blog:
The story about the Laredo ranches being taken over by Los Zetas continues to be an interesting developing story. US Border Watch will continue to research this developing story with the goal of finding the truth.I will post updates as I am able to verify pieces of the story that confirm or deny the story. Any people who have direct information about this story are encouraged to contact me at bprice@USBorderWatch.net. I can also arrange for phone contact if that would be preferred.
I just spoke with one of the ranchers who had been identified as being a victim in this story. Mr. Hector Farias of Laredo, spoke with me on the phone this morning about this matter. He told me the first he heard of this story was when he was contacted by the FBI. He has owned this ranch for over 30 years and has never had a problem on his ranch regarding illegal immigration or smuggling. He stated he was at his ranch over the weekend and everything was fine there and in the entire area. The story on the internet states that he was confronted by drug cartels. He said this is not true. There is no reason not to take him at his word.

Update From Laredo Rancher on Los Zetas Drug Cartel Story | Texas GOP Vote

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
anything over 2 acres in that part of the world is called a ranch. what are we talking here three latino guys took over a couple of houses?

So, if this had been true, and it was "only a couple of houses", it wouldn't be an issue of concern? :confused:

Let me repete Don't believe everything you hear.

or apparently read nowadays :rolleyes:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just spent time up there actually, made me want to live there and never return to my shitty state.

It's amazingly beautiful but very difficult to make a living there. During the twelve years I specialized in designing and selling custom solid hardwood furniture, most of our vendors were located in the NE Kingdom. The average number of employees each woodworker employed was eight.

I got to know several of these woodworkers really well. To say that they lived lives of extreme simplicity would be an understatement.