zippy's @ it again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Dec 5, 2008.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

Bush: Any aid to automakers must be paid back.... is saying that the banks and financial institution's don't need to pay back what is doled out to them?

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    he's doing more than that!:

Feds Set to Eliminate Water Regulations for Neurotoxin
    By Brandon Keim
    Among the Bush administration's final environmental legacies will be a decision to exempt perchlorate, a known neurotoxin found at unsafe levels in the drinking water of millions of Americans, from federal regulation.
    The ruling, proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency in October, was supposed to be formalized on Monday. That deadline passed, but the agency expects to announce its decision by the year's end, before president-elect Barack Obama takes office. It could take years to reverse.
    Critics accuse the EPA of ignoring expert advice and basing their decision on an abstract model of perchlorate exposure, rather than existing human data.

3. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know what a bridge loan is, but... I thought that they were offering to pay it back. The UAW wishes that the government would just take the whole damn thing over! lol!!!

Let's just hope that the EPA is dragging their feet on this and thinks that it is CRAZY!!! Hopefully they will draw it out until Obama gets in office and then he can override it or something. I hope... and I am gonna check out my filter to see if it filters out perchlorate 'cause that shit is an EVIL little chemical.

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Looks like the dominos are about to fall:

from The Wall Street Journal

Dec. 5, 2008
    Chrysler hired the prominent law firm of Jones Day several weeks ago as bankruptcy counsel, a move that suggests the auto maker is preparing for imminent financial failure should its efforts to persuade Congress for federal rescue funds fall short.

5. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

The environmental policy of President Bush's administration is laughable.
    I almost had hope with Christine Todd Whitman in there, but that quickly disappeared. :frown1:

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'm afraid so.

7. houtx48

Gold Member

more than likely Chrysler should have gone belly up long ago.... where is lee Iaccoca when you need him.

8. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Is Bush in charge of this now? Is Barney Frank on vacation?

Houthole: do you think Bush is in charge of speeding tickets, too? Please pass this along to the rest of the caveman community: Bush isn't the underwriter on the auto bridge loan.

Tell Barney Rubble and Fred Flintstone that Bush [or Zippy, in caveman tongue] doesn't run the House or the Senate.

Thanks for your cooperation.

9. uniqueusername

Are you a moron?

Perchlorate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perchlorate is not a "known neurotoxin." We used it all the time in chemistry class; it's simply a good oxidizing agent. The only known health effect is that at extremely high levels (much higher than would ever be found in drinking water), it can stop the thyroid gland from absorbing iodine and cause a goiter. It has been used at a cure for hyperthyroidism for many decades with no ill effects.

10. houtx48

Gold Member

did you read what was there or are janitors at edward jones literate?

Draft saved Draft deleted