"bbc", "mandingo", Is It Racial Fetishization Of Black Men?

michael_3165

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Does the phrase "White supremacists brainwashing" mean anything to you? We also have a colorism problem and are just now learning to love our natural, kinky, coiled hair texture after decades of believing "nappy" was ugly and perpetuating that lie to each other.

Right down to the music (see below), our own people have been used to facilitate harmful messages into the community. So, the stereotype being perpetuated by "black lads themselves" doesn't mean much, at all.

Not really. Because it has all become meaningless and completely devoid of any sort of tangible evidence.
It'd be nice at some point for groups to take some damn accountability for how they behave. It is far easier to point at white people than to think "maybe we need to stop this shit ourselves".

But what do I know :p

Jeffer2580

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Does the phrase "White supremacists brainwashing" mean anything to you? We also have a colorism problem and are just now learning to love our natural, kinky, coiled hair texture after decades of believing "nappy" was ugly and perpetuating that lie to each other.

Right down to the music (see below), our own people have been used to facilitate harmful messages into the community. So, the stereotype being perpetuated by "black lads themselves" doesn't mean much, at all.

I'm sorry,if we as black people are gonna go by this logic then every wrong vices will have an excuse, what's that saying? Hurt people hurt people,we can therefore justify racism as most white people grew up with racist values that they learned from their parents as well going by that logic. As an adult,I think it's our place to think critically and be accountable for our actions, I'm not coddling any black man who thinks there's nothing wrong referring to himself as a BBC,after I educate you once and you don't get it, that's on you and not the white man.

It's the same way Black Americans outside Africa keep thinking racism is the major cause of Africa's problem today,I grew up in Nigeria and that wouldn't be true if our greedy leaders didn't permit it to line their pockets, I'm not gonna blame the white man for that rather my own people for letting because they want to keep keep the green

aheidla

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm not coddling any black man who thinks there's nothing wrong referring to himself as a BBC,after I educate you once and you don't get it

It's brainwashing when the behavior is done without being educated on the problematic roots of the behavior. That's what I meant. I agree that it's entirely on the individual if one continues to perpetuate a stereotype even after being educated on its problematic roots.

If after learning that fetishization of Black bodies and other stereotypes about our sexuality have racist origins one continues to lean into those stereotypes, I agree that it is 100% a "them" problem. Because, exactly how much do you hate yourself at that point? Seriously.

aheidla

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
But what do I know

Apparently, you don't seem to know that I wasn't giving a "blame Whitey for everything" excuse and merely giving an explanation on the reasons why a "But Black people do it to themselves" response to this topic is inherently asinine and unnecessary. We already know this.

Reactions: Greco-Roman

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
,I grew up in Nigeria and that wouldn't be true if our greedy leaders didn't permit it to line their pockets, I'm not gonna blame the white man for that rather my own people for letting because they want to keep keep the green
Were greedy leaders an institution of Nigerian infrastructure pre 1884? Is corruption and the like a hallmark of your indigenous cultures and populations?
For bonus points can you name a nation on Earth that wasn't rife with either corruption, poverty, or warfare or some combination of all 3 that had gained its independence from a colonizing power within a 100yr timeframe?

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not coddling any black man who thinks there's nothing wrong referring to himself as a BBC,after I educate you once and you don't get it, that's on you and not the white man.
How would you treat a female friend or relative that you know was the victim of traumatic and repeated sexual assault, but still opts for a dangerously promiscuous lifestyle despite you educating her the pitfalls of her decision? "Fuck it, it's on you sis....it's not like all those rapists and molesters from then are still making you do it now..."
I don't coddle Uncle Ruckus, but I will always be there to gently remind him about how much he hates himself and who is invested in making sure he stays that way

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Re: BBC. It's complicated. It can be weaponized in an explicit racist way but plenty of black men/women engage in these stereotypes willingly themselves all the time too. So idk what the answer is here.

On the topic of race play etc.

And it's Just my opinion on this, not making any hard final conclusions about anyone.... But I think the idea of humiliation fetishes (of all stripes) are totally degenerate and borne out of some type unresolved mental trauma probably or an inferiority complex warped into a sexual niche.

Ain't nothing healthy imho about wanting to be called F** and N***** even in a sexual context. That's just screaming therapist to me.

That said. I think grown adults have the right to engage in whatever behavior they wish. No matter how silly or ridiculous or destructive or harmful (as long as they are not hurting others in the process) so if someone wants to engage in race play... Go crazy.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I found an interesting comment by someone that gives great context. I actually agree with most of what this person has stated in his commentary. I don't know his background but whoever he is he's done a great job analyzing those that fetishize black men and those that fetishize white and non black POC.
crocs.png
discord .png
Grace jones.png

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Way too much racial generalising in this thread. Ironic isn't it?
Black male or "BBC" fetishism is generalizing. This is simply a discussion and about it by people that may or may not agree. Considering, I am a black man that has dealt with this more than I'd like to admit I think this is a topic that can be beneficial to black men who might want to understand and also white men and others who want to learn what not to do. If you don't like the topic then you don't have to participate in it.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Black male or "BBC" fetishism is generalizing. This is simply a discussion and about it by people that may or may not agree. Considering, I am a black man that has dealt with this more than I'd like to admit I think this is a topic that can be beneficial to black men who might want to understand and also white men and others who want to learn what not to do. If you don't like the topic then you don't have to participate in it.
The answer to being generalised is to generalise right back... Got it.

And I never said I don't want to participate, but I am allowed to disagree with anyone in here about anything. Lpsg isn't an echo chamber. A true discussion is only had by people being receptive to people with different experiences and listening to them.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The answer to being generalised is to generalise right back... Got it.

And I never said I don't want to participate, but I am allowed to disagree with anyone in here about anything. Lpsg isn't an echo chamber. A true discussion is only had by people being receptive to people with different experiences and listening to them.
True but your last comment added nothing to the convo. If you want to participate then participate with something of substance and don't try to gaslight. ;)

Furthermore, I'm almost positive you are not black therefore I'm sure you don't experience this the way I do and other black men do. What you feel to be generalizations are actually things that I can say aren't because I'm a black man that get's fetishized. It's basically one of those situations where I can say "I'm black and I say so." If you say something happens to you and other men of your race, I wouldn't step in and try to act like I can relate. I'd observe, learn, and give share something worthy of discussion. Stop feeling like you are entitled on this topic.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
True but your last comment added nothing to the convo. If you want to participate then participate with something of substance and don't try to gaslight. ;)

Furthermore, I'm almost positive you are not black therefore I'm sure you don't experience this the way I do and other black men do. What you feel to be generalizations are actually things that I can say aren't because I'm a black man that get's fetishized. It's basically one of those situations where I can say "I'm black and I say so." If you say something happens to you and other men of your race, I wouldn't step in and try to act like I can relate. I'd observe, learn, and give share something worthy of discussion. Stop feeling like you are entitled on this topic.
Who are you to determine it added nothing? I accurately pointed out perceived hypocrisy. Anyone can choose to interact with that point if they want to or not. But I did add something.

And please stop with the "gaslight" crap. Someone disagreeing with your view of the world isn't gaslighting anyone. It's called a "different view". That's all. That word is so bastardized now it's ridiculous.

I actually am black funnily enough, I have photos posted to an album here for anyone to verify. So your little invalidating clichés won't work here. You don't get to dictate if someone can speak on a topic because of their skin color. That's beyond close minded.

I am black and I haven't felt fetishized by any white guys I've met.

So now what? Whose experience matters more? Yours? Says who? Smdh.

You don't behave like someone curious about the opinions of others. Your attitude is not conducive to having an actual conversation. You simply want to preach at people and speak over others about "the truth" which is really just "your truth", your subjective view of the world.

aheidla

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

How do you know this? It's not like they're all going to shout it from the rooftops or to our faces. Sometimes (most times?) they're lowkey about it.

The biggest tell is if they knowingly only date Black people. That's, at minimum, kinda sus.

Reactions: HOU_HEADHUNTER

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay I stand corrected. You are black but this comment here tells me everything I need to know about you. Say no more. lol You are pandering to those you hope will recognize you. Obviously the type that don't want to recognize that you are being fetishized because you are just happy that they are giving you attention. Aside from skin tone, we are not the same.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Okay I stand corrected. You are black but this comment here tells me everything I need to know about you. Say no more. lol You are pandering to those you hope will recognize you. Obviously the type that don't want to recognize that you are being fetishized because you are just happy that they are giving you attention. Aside from skin tone, we are not the same.
I love when you people can mind read other's minds and tell them what their goals, dreams and innermost thoughts are.

That is the sign of a shallow thinker who can't see past their own nose. You can't comprehend an experience outside of your own. How childlike and embarrassing. Smh.

You don't view black people as people or as individuals, they are just black bodies to you. Vessels that all think and feel the same.

That tells me all I need to know as well.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
How do you know this? It's not like they're all going to shout it from the rooftops or to our faces. Sometimes (most times?) they're lowkey about it.

The biggest tell is if they knowingly only date Black people. That's, at minimum, kinda sus.
So you rather make negative assumption without any actual proof first. Do you think that's rational? Are you claiming my experience is so outrageous that you can't just believe it at face value?

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Not to be that person but this could've been checked in his verification photo. He's definitely kinfolk.

To clarify, I'm not talking about the size.
Not to be what person? Someone who doesn't make child like assumptions about someone's skin color over the Internet. God forbid...

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love when you people can mind read other's minds and tell them what their goals, dreams and innermost thoughts are.

That is the sign of a shallow thinker who can't see past their own nose. You can't comprehend an experience outside of your own. How childlike and embarrassing. Smh.

You don't view black people as people or as individuals, they are just black bodies to you. Vessels that all think and feel the same.

That tells me all I need to know as well.
After further investigation (You photo album) you are definitely the person I am speaking to about fetishism because although you are black you obviously fetishize men of other races. No wonder your panties are in a bunch over this topic and you are trying to gaslight. I rest my case. You are skin folk but you are not kin folk.