Game of Thrones

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know....I may be forced to read the books. :eek: Although I understand they're quite good for the most part, they are stuffed with a lot of description of clothing and rooms that tend to drag on a bit.
Eh I LOVE books, and I really didn't care for the books. I don't think you're missing out by not reading them.

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Eh I LOVE books, and I really didn't care for the books. I don't think you're missing out by not reading them.
I guess I'll have to see how much I miss the show. I know even Ms Lee struggled with parts of the books.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It wasn't the Mad King. Prince Redgar took off with her (it is up in the air whether or not she was down with it). She was supposed to marry Robert Baratheon, her kidnapping was what kicked off Roberts Rebellion.

Towards the end of the rebellion Ned along with a few of his banner men tracked her to a tower where she was being kept, guarded by the 3 most renowned members of the Kings Guard (among them Arther Dane the Sword of the Morning). Ned and his men won and he went inside the tower. All we know is that he found her in a bed of blood and she made him promise..... something.

When the war ended Ned Stark, bastion of honor, showed up at Winterfel with a bastard son.....
My theory still applies, though. If Prince Rhaegar raped Lyanna and Jon Snow is her son, it still makes him Dani's nephew and a Targaryen. He's very special, my Northern hubby is!

(I think I need a whiteboard in my room!)

Reactions: paraguy

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I will get Skype and Sk and LaFemme, can take turns reading the books to me at , It will be like a bed time story only way better
I'm very soothing. :)
Either way, if you have an e-reader, I have all of the books on e-format. Just say the word and inbox me your email address and you'll have them.
Ooh, yes, please!

Reactions: ronin001

fratstar7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I'll have to see how much I miss the show. I know even Ms Lee struggled with parts of the books.

Just started reading the books, the first book is like watching the show all over again. A lot more detail ofcourse but I heard that's the only book like that. The rest of the books are suppose to deviate from the show little by little.

a3sthetic

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My theory still applies, though. If Prince Rhaegar raped Lyanna and Jon Snow is her son, it still makes him Dani's nephew and a Targaryen. He's very special, my Northern hubby is!

(I think I need a whiteboard in my room!)

If he is Rhaegar's son and Rhaegar married Lyanna, then Jon would have the highest claim to the iron throne.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for clearing that up, Paraguy, I couldn't remember Reagar's name. This is the predominant theory on the Internet. That Lyanna and Reagar were secret lovers, and she did not want to marry Robert. She hidout and had the baby that tower in Dorne, but died as Ned arrived to "rescue" her. He claimed her boy as his own so he would escape certain death by the Targareyens. That still makes Jon Snow 1/2 Stark... And, royal bloodlines on both sides. Sure doesn't look like he's got a drop of blonde DNA in him, to me, though.

I don't know how the story goes in the books.

A/B

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for clearing that up, Paraguy, I couldn't remember Reagar's name. This is the predominant theory on the Internet. That Lyanna and Reagar were secret lovers, and she did not want to marry Robert. She hidout and had the baby that tower in Dorne, but died as Ned arrived to "rescue" her. He claimed her boy as his own so he would escape certain death by the Targareyens. That still makes Jon Snow 1/2 Stark... And, royal bloodlines on both sides. Sure doesn't look like he's got a drop of blonde DNA in him, to me, though.

A/B
Well, if this was real life, the blonde gene would be recessive. Since this is GoT I think the laws of genetics are more like the bylaws of genetics. But maybe Jon looks like his raven haired mother (or his future Wonder Woman widow/wife).

Damn it! I'm getting hopeful he's coming back....I need a rebound TV boyfriend.

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, there's a line in Game of Thrones where Catlyn says Jon looks more like a Stark than any of her kids with Ned. Also, the Targaryens did not breed much outside their own family line, so who knows if that blonde gene was only strong for them because it was the dominant familial gene (which is factual genetics).

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, there's a line in Game of Thrones where Catlyn says Jon looks more like a Stark than any of her kids with Ned. Also, the Targaryens did not breed much outside their own family line, so who knows if that blonde gene was only strong for them because it was the dominant familial gene (which is factual genetics).
Thank goodness there are people who remember what people said! And I keep forgetting about the inbreeding!

I think we are totally right with this theory! But does this mean he'll be back? How? When?

Reactions: TaigaStar

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Either BuzzFeed or Vanity Fair or Entertainment Weekly did an article this week about it. The popular speculation is that Jon wargs into Ghost and will either stay that way, be resurrected by Mellisandre, or be reborn when they burn his body because he's really a Targaryen.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
*gasp* Reborn! Yes! That's the one! I can just see my Jonny walking naked from the fire....:D

Move over Georgie! We're getting this book done AND the series, too!

a3sthetic

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

A/B

Ned would have kept it quiet to protect Jon from Robert Baratheon since as the son of Raegar Targaryen, he'd have a claim to the iron throne.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

paraguy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The theory that my group of nerd like is this:

The Nights Watch burns Jons body (because zombies). Red Priestess + Targarrian Blood (think Danni from the end of season 1) = Jon getting a true resurection (as opposed to a Dondarriann one).

This also has the effect of releasing him from his vows (as his watch has ended).

Reactions: ActionBuddy

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Ned would have kept it quiet to protect Jon from Robert Baratheon since as the son of Raegar Targaryen, he'd have a claim to the iron throne.
I hadn't thought about that angle. Between the fact that it would protect his sister's honor, and his friend's feelings, your point just solidifies that Ned was planning to (SPOILER: and did!) take that secret to the grave. Which goes in line with his honorable nature.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

True... Ned would have been protecting Jon from both those families, as well as providing a hopeful, healthy, educated future for his nephew, (despite Catelyn Stark's understandable reticence and rejection of him).

A/B