Nudity, and topless vs. bottomless

teasedsilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found a poll I liked and wondered how ladies here might answer it. The questions get down to comfort level being naked around other people, and comfort of being topless vs. bottomless. The full poll is at Mister Poll, but here are the questions I thought were the best from it:

You are at a party at a friend's house with about 20 people both guys and girls. There is a pool. It's a very hot day and people are getting into the pool. You want to go swimming too but you don't have a bathing suit. You are wearing a white cotton camisole shirt, blue jeans, and under that a pair of black woman's full cut briefs, you are not wearing a bra. All of the girls in the pool have tops on. What do you do?
Stay out of the water and remember to bring a suit next time
Take off your jeans and jump in
Take off your top and swim in just the briefs
Take off everything and swim naked
Swim with all your clothes on

After a long hard day you come home and take a nice hot bath. After your bath you go into the living room to watch TV wearing only a T-shirt that doesn't always cover your bottom half depending on how you sit and if you stretch. You are all nice and comfy on the sofa when your roommate walks in with her boyfriend. What now?
I would not be bottomless on the sofa if I had a roommate
Quietly excuse yourself and go to put some pants on
Remain as you are and try to keep your legs crossed and your shirt pulled down
Remain as you are making no effort to hide that you're not wearing panties

It's a very hot summer morning and your air conditioning is not working. You are lying in bed naked trying to get up. Outside your door you hear the voices of your boyfriend, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend. All of these people are good friends of yours. What would you put on before leaving your room?
Well, I would not sleep naked to begin with. No matter how hot it is.
Get dressed completely, no need to embarrass everybody by walking out naked
Just put on panties or sweatpants, no need to cover my chest
Just put on a shirt, no need to cover my bottom
Just walk out naked, it's hot, it's my home, and I can be naked if I want to be

I think there are some girls who draw the comfort line at topless and would not strip naked. Do you agree?
Yes, I'm fine taking off my top but I consider exposing my bottom regions to be too sexual
No, if you're daring enough to show your breasts then your daring enough to show everything
Girls should not ever take off their tops or their bottoms except in front of their husbands

In which of the following situations is it OK to be just bottomless?
Hanging out at home with friends wearing a just a T-shirt or pajama tops
Wearing a skirt with no panties
On the beach or at an outdoor party
It's not OK, just bottomless is too overtly sexual

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You are at a party at a friend's house with about 20 people both guys and girls. There is a pool. It's a very hot day and people are getting into the pool. You want to go swimming too but you don't have a bathing suit. You are wearing a white cotton camisole shirt, blue jeans, and under that a pair of black woman's full cut briefs, you are not wearing a bra. All of the girls in the pool have tops on. What do you do?
Stay out of the water and remember to bring a suit next time
Take off your jeans and jump in
Take off your top and swim in just the briefs
Take off everything and swim naked
Swim with all your clothes on
I borrow a less see thru t-shirt from a guy and swim in that and panties

After a long hard day you come home and take a nice hot bath. After your bath you go into the living room to watch TV wearing only a T-shirt that doesn't always cover your bottom half depending on how you sit and if you stretch. You are all nice and comfy on the sofa when your roommate walks in with her boyfriend. What now?
I would not be bottomless on the sofa if I had a roommate
Quietly excuse yourself and go to put some pants on
Remain as you are and try to keep your legs crossed and your shirt pulled down
Remain as you are making no effort to hide that you're not wearing panties

It's a very hot summer morning and your air conditioning is not working. You are lying in bed naked trying to get up. Outside your door you hear the voices of your boyfriend, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend. All of these people are good friends of yours. What would you put on before leaving your room?
Just put on a shirt, no need to cover my bottom (if this means so my muff is exposed then no, but if it means a long shirt then yes)

I think there are some girls who draw the comfort line at topless and would not strip naked. Do you agree?
Yes, I'm fine taking off my top but I consider exposing my bottom regions to be too sexual - well I don't consider it too sexual (unless I want it to be) but others do - and I only go topless where it is acceptable (and legal) and I'm not the only one.
No, if you're daring enough to show your breasts then your daring enough to show everything
Girls should not ever take off their tops or their bottoms except in front of their husbands

Hanging out at home with friends wearing a just a T-shirt or pajama tops (again, if this means long shirts, no muff-peekage)

Tristessa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I don't have a problem with nudity, but I try to be respectful of other people.

I'm from the US originally, where everyone seems to be a bit more uptight about it. I moved to Sweden when I was 20 and had to quickly get used to a whole other idea of nudity . . it's very natural there, and much less sexual in many situations.

At the gym or pool, you undress completely at your locker, then walk naked to the showers, which tend to not be partitioned off or anything. In saunas (even mixed gender ones), people tend to be naked as well, except for the towel they sit on. And during the summer, there's quite a bit of nudity (although apparently less than there used to be). You'll see kids playing naked in water/parks up to about age 8 or 10. Women laying out topless (and occasionally nude) in downtown Stockholm parks. I've seen neighbors topless in their gardens, and naked doing housework (with their windows open).

When about town with friends, we'd often to decide to go swimming if the day was too hot (Stockholm is built on islands so lots of water everywhere). We'd just go to somewhere with a decent shoreline, strip down, and jump in. Yes, in the middle of the city, often with other people around. No one really pays much attention at all, and if they do you know they're a tourist. At the lake near my old house, I went swimming nearly every day, then took everything off to let it dry while napping in the sun. There were often other nude people on the docks, all ages (babies up to elderly people), all sizes. Nudity just isn't sexual, unless you make it be.

Now that I'm in the UK, people seem to be much more uptight about it again. My Swedish friend and I freaked out her boyfriend once by trying on clothes in a room at a party that had other people in it . . we just didn't think about it. She also would run to the toilet at his place past his roommates in the living room with just his tshirt on (after sex, I'm assuming), which completely shocked him. I don't really know what's acceptable anymore, too many different rules in different places!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The full poll is at Mister Poll, but here are the questions I thought were the best from it:

Stay out of the water and remember to bring a suit next time. If I am the only one not in the water yet I would Take off my jeans and jump in.

I am a germaphobe, I would not be bottomless on the sofa if I had a roommate. :tongue:

Just put on a shirt, no need to cover my bottom
Why are these people in my home early enough to wake me up on a day I can sleep in? :mad: Sorry I don't do mornings well. :redface::tongue: I would throw on my short sleeve cotton seersucker housedress which snaps up the front, it is knee length. Cool, yet modest and left over from when I had a housemate and slept nude.

Yes, I'm fine taking off my top but I consider exposing my bottom regions to be too sexual. I'm not sure it's too sexual so much as something I am not comfortable showing like that. :biggrin1: Ignore my gallery, said the shy exhibitionist :rolleyes:

Hanging out at home with friends wearing a just a T-shirt or pajama tops
During sex in a chilly room. :biggrin1::wink:

teasedsilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ignore my gallery, said the shy exhibitionist :rolleyes:

lol

Tristessa, I think I'm the opposite way. I understand that some people don't regard nudity has inherently sexual, which is why nude beaches exist. And if I went to a nude beach, I would respect that nudity was not an invitation.

However, I personally can't see a woman nude and not have sexual thoughts about her (if I find her attractive). It really comes down to environment and association. Most people don't observe others nude in normal, nonsexual situations. So when they see nudity, they get excited, whereas a nudists may think it's nothing special and shrug it off. That's actually why I don't care for nudism, because I like when nudity is the exception and marks an event as special.