Tips For Growing A Big Chest?

D

deleted1030587

Push-ups on yoga blocks so you can go deeper, with elbows lower than shoulders. I just exercise for fitness/toning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gj816 and Durhurman

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My favorite chest workout starts with light shoulder warmups on the cable machine 12 reps one way than oppose it the other, these are basically the same work you see older people do after shoulder surgery.
I start in the incline bench with a heavy weight, 8 reps. I than do a cable row with a heavy weight 8 reps 3 sets of 8 dropping 5 lbs each set. Dumbbell bench press with a DB row, same method as before. Incline row with a incline pull( laying back under a straight bar and pull) same as before, 3 sets of 8 each. Than cable cross with handles set low, reps to failure, so light weight, move handles up about 4 notches and do it to failure, do this to the top setting to get a full range of motion. I finish at the jump boxes for push ups starting at the biggest for decline pushups, feet above head on tallest box and go to failure and work down.

I try to spend 20 seconded but no more than a minute between each set. I only have an hour for lunch.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to warm up with cable flyes, then I prefer DB presses to BB for range of motion. I do flat bench to failure and the lighter weight for incline, then lighter still for decline.
My favorite finisher is low incline cable flyes. The cables are better than DB because the resistance is constant as you bring your hands to meet above your chest. With DBs, as you reach the top you're no longer fighting gravity to squeeze them together.

D

deleted4021601

I’d say simple gets the job done: do a chest workout 2x per week. On both days, do 2-3 different exercises for 8-10 total sets. Work in the 8-12 rep range. Do this for 6 months regularly. Results will follow. :)

Sal1989

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’m trying to grow my chest and get rid of the pointyness. Is been long journey of working out 5xs a week. I was at a point I couldn’t even run. I’m fit down from 210 to 178.

Reactions: 51arledge