Your honest opinion on gay men

john smithy

Legendary Member
Media
Swansea (City and County of Swansea, Wales)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As a gay guy myself, I've always been fascinated with what others (especially straight men) think about homosexuality.

In my experience - there are a few reasons straight men might dislike gay men:

- "They're loud, camp, annoying and attention seeking."
- "Gay sex is gross/unnatural."
- "All gay men would fancy me and I don't want them coming onto me."

Other straight guys seem fine with gays, but only at a distance.

Other straight guys are very supportive and have gay friends and campaign for gay rights like the celebrity Ben Cohen.

Do you fit into one of the above categories or do you have your own unique spin on things? And please be honest here - if you hate me because of what I do then feel free to say it. I won't be offended. Shutting down discussion by abusing those who have different opinions will only make things worse imo. Gay-friendly and gay-dislikers are equally welcome in this thread :)

The Meat Rod Cometh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a gay guy myself, I've always been fascinated with what others (especially straight men) think about homosexuality.

In my experience - there are a few reasons straight men might dislike gay men:

- "They're loud, camp, annoying and attention seeking."
- "Gay sex is gross/unnatural."
- "All gay men would fancy me and I don't want them coming onto me."

Other straight guys seem fine with gays, but only at a distance.

Other straight guys are very supportive and have gay friends and campaign for gay rights like the celebrity Ben Cohen.

Do you fit into one of the above categories or do you have your own unique spin on things? And please be honest here - if you hate me because of what I do then feel free to say it. I won't be offended. Shutting down discussion by abusing those who have different opinions will only make things worse imo. Gay-friendly and gay-dislikers are equally welcome in this thread :)

Well, each person is a unique individual and I base my relationships on that, not their sexual orientation.
Gay or not I will like you all the same if we click personality wise.
I appreciate men being sexually attracted to me as much as I appreciate women being sexually attracted to me.
But since you want to know I will answer regarding some general trends I have noticed pertaining to how many gay men have interacted with me and the things I like or dislike in general based on personal experiences:

Common trends I find annoying:

1. Many gay men seem to ignore the fact that I am 100% straight and seem to assume I can be convinced to engage in some form of homosexual activity with them. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Enjoying having my cock praised online and seen in video is not the same as me being okay engaging in physical sex with a man.
Many seem to assume this is their "foot in the door" to physically sucking my cock. Wrong.

2. Many gay guys seem to be overly obsessed with cock size and aesthetics far more than straight men and women.
Generally seem to be more demanding in this area overall.

3. It seems that many gay men treat everything to do with sex as just mostly fun and games making it seem like none of it has any real, lasting meaning to them. I don't see how that can turn anyone on.

4. It seems many gay men express agnostic or atheistic views and/or treat spirituality as some side issue willy-nilly armchair subject. That also annoys me. And as a major germaphobe it actually does piss me off that there is so much damn disease known to be spread among gays and so much denial in this regards.
I mean like what the fuck man? Who the fuck are guys sleeping with anyway and how many for fucks sake?

5. I also see some key social double standards being promoted by many gay men.

For Example: What if I was to hold up a sign that said: "Straight Pride" and walk down the streets of any big city with other straight men in a Straight Pride Event? It would be wrongly and immediately assumed by most people that I was opposed to homosexuality and had some inherent hatred of gay men. When in reality I am simply honored that I am heterosexual, just like everyone should feel honored to have their particular sexual orientation. Why not be honored to be who you are?
But its totally socially acceptable for the LGBT community to have events for themselves without it being socially assumed that they hate straight people in the process. Most people simply, and rightly do not think or assume that. This is all easily observable.
Its a huge double standard that does not make sense. Why can't the term be LGBTS? The S for straight?
What would happen at an LGBT event if straight men and women waved flags also proclaiming their sexuality?
What would be the initial response or assumption by most people? We all know the answer.
Social conditioning 101.

What I DO tend to like about many gay men I meet is they are generally easy to talk to and seem to appreciate sexual things in general more. Being more comfortable in their sexuality overall it seems may be a big reason for this. Gay men can be very creative in their cock praise. It never ceases to amaze me the things they come up with to say to me. I Frickin' Love you guys man. LOL

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the matter since you asked.

cufflinks

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've always believed that sexuality is everyone's own business, until there is sexual interest - in which case preferences would need to be respected. That means I harbour no opinion about gay men, or heterosexual men, based only on their sexual orientation.

On a different note though, I have always enjoyed and actually preferred the company of gay men socially, because it seems to me that they tend to entertain vastly more liberal and interesting views, are more attentive, can actually help you with soul stuff, and have superior dress sense.

So, as buddies go, I'd rather have gay ones.
Proverbial straight guys and I usually have little to talk about, no matter what beverages are consumed.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmm...I've had only a few gay acquaintances over the course of my life. We were friendly toward each other but didn't interact much (e.g., classmates in college / grad school, people who worked in the same company), which may or may not have had anything to do with our different lifestyles. We simply didn't hang out together.

I'm not afraid of having gay men come on to me, because it's happened a few times and everyone was civil about it.

Live and let live. I do get a minor irritation from the continuous reminders about Gay Pride Day, or Week, or Month, or the constant media fixation on LGBTQA issues, and so, for the most, I part ignore it.

I don't think I can hate anyone, especially if they have never done anything to me or my family.

The only thing that has ever irritated me about a Gay men would be your first choice "They're loud, camp, annoying and attention seeking." and it was an individual thing.

Most of the gay men I have known professionally have kept exceptionally low profiles (probably a key to their success).

Most people that are Gay or Straight tend to turn people off if they are exceptionally loud or pushy in my opinion.

I think even most of the obnoxious or boisterous Gay males (as well as Straights under different circumstances or context) here on LPSG act the way they do because of the anonymity factor. In real life they are probably not as mouthy or pushy as some act.

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To state the obvious, we're all human beings and deserve a certain amount of unearned respect. We should acknowledge the humanity in all if our brothers and sisters. I have a gay brother and gay friends and enjoy their company. I think people feel discomfort when they feel they might be dragged into situations that are comfortable. Being hit on and not knowing how to be graceful is making it clear there is no pursuing that offer could be one situation. Sometimes a man keeping himself out of an uncomfortable situation can be perceived (or portrayed) as hate.

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are a few kinds of people whose mere existence offends me: adults who molest minors; people who abuse animals; Detroit Red Wings fans.

I am not offended or threatened by the mere existence of gay men or women.

I am annoyed by anyone of any stripe who demands that I must accommodate or support whatever they're about at my sole expense and inconvenience. Everything has a place and a time.

As for anyone who disrespects my boundaries after I have clearly defined them, they deserve no respect in return.

We can respectfully disagree on almost anything. That's not hate or prejudice or phobia.

My threshold for speaking up or stepping into a situation is imminent harm. Otherwise, live and let live.

Shackleford

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't give a ripe damn about what any adult does with another consenting adult.

The only thing that would make me unconformable around a gay guy that wouldn't apply the same to straight guys is if he hit on me or made blatantly sexually suggestive comments toward me knowing I have no interest.

Of course, the same could be said for a woman doing that knowing I'm married.

D

deleted116951

I never want to encompass a whole group into a stereotype. I'm sure gay men, like straight men, vary man to man. Some are nice guys, some are assholes.

We're all just humans trying to make the best of this life as we can. I don't have time nor the inclination to worry about where some other guy is sticking his dick.

Naughty Teacher

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hmm, i've met more than one gay man, so i would have trouble saying 'all gay men are...', because that's not true. in fact, that might even be a stereotype.

i honestly dont care what you're do, its not my business. nor should it be.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've never had an issue with a gay guy although when I was in my teens and 20s it was easy to get annoyed by them trying to come on to me. These days the only thing that gets on my nerves is when a straight or guy fella spends a bunch of time trying to show me how gay or straight they are... I simply could care less!

Reactions: AntoGr

My opinion is that I don't personally understand or agree with the gay lifestyle, which largely originates with my Christian beliefs. Now, although I believe/feel that way, I still think it's important to get along with gay folks in a kind, respectful manner. I work very closely with a lesbian woman and a gay man and they are both excellent co-workers/office mates with me. We have a blast, hang out, go out to eat, etc....and so on and so forth. Yes, they know how I feel about the homosexual lifestyle and, at the end of the day, we just live and let live about it.

Even if I don't really agree with that life, they are not accountable to me for their personal lives, so what good is it if I go on ranting about my anti-gay beliefs and act like a butt-head to them while we work? It would make for a miserable work day for us all, so I figure, why not just be cool, be respectful of the great job they do on my team, and get to know them just like I would anyone else.

Reactions: The Meat Rod Cometh

GabsPG

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This one is what comes closer to me, but I'm not so supportive. I have a couple gay friends and always tell them, even though I cannot really understand their taste, I must respect it, so we don't have any problems.

Sometimes a gay man flirts with me, happened in an international flight with a flight attendent and with a bartender, these are the 2 most recent events; in both, I politely told them I had a girlfriend, which was true.

Reactions: The Meat Rod Cometh

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love gay guys. When women are looking for a hook up or a partner, the vast percentage of married guys are loyal, so they are out of bounds Gay guys are generally / often out of play, sooooooooooooooooo regular guys like me benefit greatly as the playing field gets more restrictive every year

upload_2017-7-31_22-8-38.jpeg