Youth Hostels with Communal Showers

gtamasl

Expert Member
Media
Has anyone stayed in generator Berlin Alexanderplatz recently? Does it still have open showers?

It used to be one80 hostel and at that time it had open showers on some floors but it was taken over by Generator and if I remember well, I read somewhere that the communal showers were changed to cubicles

Tentacoolbabe

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How was your stay? I'm looking at staying there next month
No one used the downstairs bathroom and it was a bit awkward to get to + seemed to always be getting cleaned. I ended up sharing a 6-bed room with only one other person. Hostel was good other than that.

Gayboy98

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm going there tomorrow. Curious to see if it's any different
Okay so here's my experience of Kickass Grassmarket in Edinburgh:

The hostel itself is great: great location, good amenities. Especially the private pods are amazing if you are someone that likes some privacy/alone time.

About the open showers:
They were bone dry around 8 PM, when you'd think most people would be showering. They're also tucked away in a remote corner of the building at the end of a long hallway. So I think it's not necessarily just people avoiding them but also a thing of people not knowing it's there at all.

Tldr: Kickass Grassmarket in Edinburgh is a great hostel but don't go for the communal showers, you'll be disappointed.

Reactions: Lad14 and Pdm

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Any recommendations in NYC? I was looking at the HI NY, but also saw the YMCA and another one called Chelsea International

Emmerson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any recommendations in NYC? I was looking at the HI NY, but also saw the YMCA and another one called Chelsea International
YMCA West Side is cool cause of the free spa, sauna and steam bath. Showers on every floor have curtains or just glass...