5-HTP advice

silverion1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been doing a lot of reading about the supplement 5-HTP and people on here who have used it to treat premature ejaculation with some success.

I'm considering trying it, but would like advice from people who have tried it.

I've read that it's not recommended to be taken for extended periods, i.e. not more than 3 months. Is it feasible to take it only when you think you'll be needing it? Since 5-HTP helps the body produce more seratonin, could taking it sporadically lead to a roller coaster of highs and lows?

Also, what dosage does anyone here recommend for treating PE? I've read about recommended dosages for treating depression, but my question is, would treatment of PE warrant a different, maybe smaller, dosage?

Any advice, recommendations, or accounts of your own experiences would be appreciated.

ta4me

Just Browsing
Media
The half life on it is 90 min. So, you get 75% of its impact after 3 hrs.
The effect can be cumulative, but its rather fast acting on an as-needed basis.

I've taken 200 mg at a time with remarkable results.
As a trial, I started taking 100 mg at lunch and another 100 mg at dinner, followed with sex later that night. The results were significant. The orgasm delay benefit was greatly reduced. Still better than not taking anything, but not nearly as effective as taking all 200 mg at dinner.

I don't have a cycle on/off planned yet. But I intend to.

kaientai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So if I understand correcly it starts working after about 90 min for aprox 3hrs? (sorry English is not my native tongue)