80's heart throbs

Jon Eric Hexum also befriended a lot of gay men. I think the media around that time had a field day by asking him about his sexuality constantly. Which I thought was rather stupid on their part, but that's Hollywood. All I remember from this article is that he didn't give a damn about what his sexuality was, but he wouldn't mind the "it" part or something like that. I think that made him cool by saying those words. It's a shame he died so young. He looked like a very down to earth person and you could tell he probably would have aged like fine wine as he get older.
 
elegant20 already knows this, but I, too, am extremely fond of Jon-Erik Hexum. I miss him.

I liked the Buck Rogers TV show, but Gil Gerard never did it for me. Women on the show used to "oooh" and "ahhh" over him. I never got what all the fuss was about.
 
  • Like
Reactions: alex8.5 and seth67
Jon-Erik Hexum had it all ... not just that bod and face, but a warm and open manner and a truly beautiful voice.
Yup, it was a real shame when he died.
He would have become a really big star.
Here's a YouTube tribute to him.
And here's a filmed interview with PM magazine.
Seems bright, grounded, and very nice.
He was not quite 27 when he died.
Sheesh. Hadn't thought of him for years.
 
A great booming voice he had. The clearest set of blue eyes you ever get lost in. The guy had it all.

Here's something that's more of a band, but almost everybody remembers this band. Duran Duran's John Taylor and good ol' Roger.

I actually did meet John Taylor....very nice guy and totally cool in person. I always thought John was the hottest. It is just that square jaw he had could make a guy jizz in his pants just by looking at him. Roger, too, and those arms he had.
 
Yes I agree w the Duran Duran comment. I have meet themm a few times.

Jon-Erik Hexum died on the set of Cover Up and the tried to replace him w an Aussie, Anthony Hamilton, who died in the mi 1990's. He (Anthony) almost earned the role of James Bond, but lost it to Timothy Dalton.
 
Jon-Erik Hexum to me was one of the most handsome men ever to appear on the Silver Screen and TV. And to top it off he had real acting talent, it was a tragedy that he died so young when his career seemed to be getting hot.
 
Yep, he was one of the most promising actors of the 80s and I am sure we would have seen more of him in the later years. It's a shame that had to happen at a young. Here was another unknown 80s actor that did only Nightmare On Elm Street II: Mark Patton.
He was suppose to get Johnny Depp's role, but, alas, it didn't happen. In other words, we wouldn't see Johnny at all in the first one. He only did a few 80s movies and one after school special, but he never really got a lot of recognition. He is one of those you won't see in either "Where Are They Now?" or "Confessions of a Teen Idol"..But he is doing well I heard. He is just one of those actors that disappears and is never heard of again.
 
Last edited: