Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The difference isn't huge but I wouldn't call it splitting hairs. Seven degrees or seventy, Kinsey's spectrum isn't meant to be final. It's a snapshot of an individual at the moment they're assessed.

Real life is much more fluid. I've been all over the map, too.

Reactions: Voltaire

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As I have said before, labels need to serve you, not the other way round and one should not obsess over labels. Having said that I don't find the result of that research surprising.

Referring to the Kinsey scale I would broadly suggest that 2,3 and 4 roughly correspond to bisexual in that a person identifying as one of these would be open to the possibility of a romantic/sexual relationship with either sex. For 3 either sex is equally likely. For 2 the opposite sex is more likely but the same sex is still possible, for 4 the same sex is more likely but the opposite sex is still possible.

0 and 1 I would call straight because any sexual/romantic relationship is going to be with the opposite sex. The difference between the two is that 1 would be able to enjoy some incidental fun with the same sex and 0 would not. And likewise at the other end of the scale.

Reactions: Voltaire and englad