A refreshing shower experience..

hornifiend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have recently started joined an inner Sydney aquatic centre and have been pleasantly surprised in the change room. I am used to being one of the few young men not obsessed with the 'towel dance' and am pleased to find there others out there. The set up is ideal too, six communal shower heads and no dividers - the way men were meant to shower!

Most guys seem perfectly happy to drop the speedos and let it all out in the way to the showers too.

Very refreashing to see such normal behavior.

And not bad for a quick compare either!

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats the way it seems to happen in aussie pools, people are far more uninhibited than gyms. You have to change clothes & have a shower, your're wearing next to nothing anyway. Seen quite a few who walk around in the nude too.

But at the Valley pool in Brisbane, the elite swimmers (ie train each day with coaches) dont like changing with the general public though, they often do the towel dance.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I just started going to the aquatics center at a major university near me. I was pleasently surprised when showering after my first day there (one open room with two Bradley shower stations) that most everybody came into the shower area wearing their speedos, but that almost everybody pulled them off after an initial rinse. After seeing so many under-30 guys at my gym nearly panicked at the thought of being caught naked in the locker room, it was damn refreshing to see all these dudes completley at ease just hanging out, showering naked with the guys. I wonder what the difference is? My guess is that it has something to do with the team sports mentality, versus the individual mentality of working out at a gym.

Reactions: coffinhack
D

deleted213967

I just started going to the aquatics center at a major university near me. I was pleasently surprised when showering after my first day there (one open room with two Bradley shower stations) that most everybody came into the shower area wearing their speedos, but that almost everybody pulled them off after an initial rinse. After seeing so many under-30 guys at my gym nearly panicked at the thought of being caught naked in the locker room, it was damn refreshing to see all these dudes completley at ease just hanging out, showering naked with the guys. I wonder what the difference is? My guess is that it has something to do with the team sports mentality, versus the individual mentality of working out at a gym.

I know that we tend to over-highlight fringe behavior in these threads (they are more interesting to report).

The thing is, I've been going to the gym about 6 times a week, often at different club chains and in different states, and (at least in big cities on the West Coast)
every single time I still see a galore of guys in the 20s-30s showering and changing with no hangups.

The worst I've seen is in middle American suburban clubs, where the tension can sometimes be cut with a knife...and you almost have to apologize for putting your swimsuit on without a burka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AdamFin

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting. Are these predominantly gay gyms by chance? Every now and then I'll go to the Gold's in San Francisco (which is probably about 80-90% gay), and there, I certainly see no hangups at all.

I know that we tend to over-highlight fringe behavior in these threads (they are more interesting to report).

The thing is, I've been going to the gym about 6 times a week, often at different club chains and in different states, and (at least in big cities on the West Coast) every single time I still see a galore of guys in the 20s-30s showering and changing with no hangups.

The worst I've seen is in middle American suburban clubs, where the tension can sometimes be cut with a knife...and you almost have to apologize for putting your swimsuit on without a burka.

D

deleted213967

Interesting. Are these predominantly gay gyms by chance? Every now and then I'll go to the Gold's in San Francisco (which is probably about 80-90% gay), and there, I certainly see no hangups at all.

Gold's there is more like 200% gay! :biggrin1:

I mostly like to go to metropolitan locations, where indeed gay membership tends to be higher. Still, it is safe to say that even there, most of the members are straight or straight-ish.

I do notice that city vs. country behavioral contrast everywhere I go though.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We in the US are so Fucking Victorian when it comes to being naked. At the gym I go to I don't subscribe to the towel dance but throw the towel over my shoulder and proceed to sit naked in the steam room on my towel and then proceed to the showers. If I have to shave etc I stand naked in front of the mirrors and shave. As a guy approaching 70 I am not ashamed of my body or what it loks like. And Lord knows I am not the biggest or smallest guy in they gym in the cock department.

PS-- I am also sort of proud that I have worked to get rid of most of my gut.

Reactions: Jujurice

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I"m sorry to see that the towel dance has, as one other writer put it, "Invaded Australia." I would have hoped that the studs down there-- and there appear to me many--would have avoided that kind of psychotic behavior. I do NOT understand this fear of guys in locker rooms, and it's been noted repeated on these threads that younger guys are paranoid and do the fuckin towel dance for fear someone might see they have a penis. Where are they learning this??
I say we need a worldwide REVOLUTION in men getting nude with other men, working out, showering, etc. And while we're at it, let's put laws in place that require JOCKSTRAPS for sports!!

D

deleted213967

I"m sorry to see that the towel dance has, as one other writer put it, "Invaded Australia." I would have hoped that the studs down there-- and there appear to me many--would have avoided that kind of psychotic behavior. I do NOT understand this fear of guys in locker rooms, and it's been noted repeated on these threads that younger guys are paranoid and do the fuckin towel dance for fear someone might see they have a penis. Where are they learning this??
I say we need a worldwide REVOLUTION in men getting nude with other men, working out, showering, etc. And while we're at it, let's put laws in place that require JOCKSTRAPS for sports!!

Close enough?

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spencer+Tunick+Creates+Sydney+Mass+Nude+Art+Q7AfWI_3yKRl.jpg

laser90

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

As a "middle American guy" I can attest to the "towel dance" in the gyms as far as the younger guys go. I also see it with the young sport teams too. Maybe this is a midwest thing, but in the summer our masters team practices at the same time as a high school age team. When it comes time to shower, only the masters shower without suits yet all the younger ones shower with their suits and do the towel dance. This was not the case when I was on a hight school sport team, we showered without our suits. I find it funny when the younger guys take soap and stuff it down inside their suits to wash, this just crazy.

Reactions: justforthat

NickLaus

1st Like
Media
It's the Cook and Phillip Park Aquatic Centre.

I have swam here on numerous occasions and love how refreshing it is that no one has any hang ups. I've seen a couple of semi's in the shower but nothing out of the ordinary. Interesting point though is that it tends to be the ones who spend a lot of time in the shower looking that leave their speedos on.

hornifiend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Went for a swim again today - at Cook and Phillip Park in Sydney for locals - and was once again presented with almost 90+ percent of guys showering nude and walking around the changeroom nude. Were even some more young guys like me getting into it today.

Also noticed an obvious strayer who seemed to be showering forever. He was in there when I walked in to shower and was still under the shower when I left fully clothed. Is this type of behavior what freaks out so many men? Especially younger ones like me? Interesting that he had his speedo on the whole time too!

Also, any other LPSG members swim at this pool?

mitc3117

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was freaked out in highschool showering because of lacrosse, i was a late bloomer so wasnt even average and was scared to death. If only i could go back now :)

RumperRoom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Reading threads like this, it is understandable that people "Towel Dance" Seems like most of you think it is an occasion to see how you stack up to others.

I am one of the towel dancers and honestly I do not regret doing so. Being modest is nothing to be ashamed of.

I joined LPSG so I could get my cock fetish satisfied so I don't have to go to the gym to get it.