Anyone else ever had this?

jag27: Ok I'm trying to get a family doctor in my city, but until that happens I thought I'd shoot this question out to all of you. Afterall this is the highest concentration of loquacious penis owners I'm aware of ;)

Anyway, I've recently noticed a fairly rigid, narrow vein like occurance on the ventral side of my penis. It starts just below my frenelum and extends about 2 inches along the length of the shaft when I'm erect. It's not visible when erect, but I can feel it. When I'm flaccid the vein seems to bunch up creating a small lump I can see if I stretch my foreskin a bit. There's no discoloration, it's not on the surface of the skin, it's not sensitive.

Anyone else ever deal with anything like this? Should I be freaking out?

-Just a Guy

7x6andchg: Jag-

First time poster to the new board here - but since I noticed the same thing and asked my physician...

Could it be your "corpus spongisum" (my spelling might be off)?

It is a cylinder of tissue that runs on the bottom (ventral, if you're using dorsal at the top, like a shark's fin) that protects your urethra.

I believe it is made of a much smaller amount of the same material that is in the corpus cavernosum (again, my spelling is probably horrible) and therefore would be more noticeable when erect.

For what it's worth, when I checked into it, I was told that in penises with more girth it tends to be more prominent when erect. Has anyone else, girthy or not, noticed this part of their penis, and can perhaps confirm my conjecture?

7x6&change

jag27: Hi 7x6, thanks for posting :) but I don't think that's it. The Corpus Spongiosum is the 3rd cylinder that constitutes part of the entire penis, what I'm talking about is only say a mm or 2 across when I'm erect, and 2 inches long. It's disturbingly like a section of hardened vein or something of that ilk.

7x6andchg: You know - I did a little further research and you're right - that's not it. Don't know what it is....

"I'm not a doctor and I don't even play one on LPSG" :D

Is there a urologist in the house? :)

7x6&c

jag27: Just an update for anyone interested. I still haven't nailed down a GP in this city.. (stupid city). Anyway, doing some looking around myself it would appear I've been a little to vigorous with my manual ministrations ;) It appears the two most likely causes for what I've noticed are a thrombosed vein, or penile lymphangitis (an inflammation of a lymph channel).

Well now it's recorded here for posterity's sake, in case anyone else ends up with this same thing. Now all I've gotta do is abstain for 4-6 weeks and see if it goes away :-0

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Had that very thing happen to me back when I tried jelqing. I obviously injured a blood vessel. But I quit the exercises and the hardness disappeared after several days.

If yours has been there for some time, I'd strongly suggest you have it checked out even if you have to go to an emergency room to get the needed treatment.

Pecker

jag27: Ok I'm trying to get a family doctor in my city, but until that happens I thought I'd shoot this question out to all of you. Afterall this is the highest concentration of loquacious penis owners I'm aware of ;)

Anyway, I've recently noticed a fairly rigid, narrow vein like occurance on the ventral side of my penis. It starts just below my frenelum and extends about 2 inches along the length of the shaft when I'm erect. It's not visible when erect, but I can feel it. When I'm flaccid the vein seems to bunch up creating a small lump I can see if I stretch my foreskin a bit. There's no discoloration, it's not on the surface of the skin, it's not sensitive.

Anyone else ever deal with anything like this? Should I be freaking out?

-Just a Guy
I had gotten a lump out of know where on my shaft. I never went to a doctor but based on web research it turned out to be a lypmh node and the vessel. I had been jerking off way to long the previous day. I went away after a few days. I say go to a doctor but see if it goes away on its own in a few days.