Are you a Bogeyman?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bogeyman (Serb. Babaroga) is a word used for a creature that scares children. No one has ever seen him (in Serbian HER, always of female gender, derivated from baba (grandmother) and roga (archaic word for horns), but everyone is scared of him. When we were kids our parents and everyone else threatened that if we misbehaved THE BOGEYMAN WOULD COME AND TAKE US AWAY! Where? No one has ever known!
I have been living in the same building since 1989, so you could say that I have spent my childhood growing up and playing in front of my building. There were some neighbors who yelled at us, forcing us to move away from the building and go to the playground. One guy even slapped one of my friends on the face, cause he didn`t listen. A huge scandal broke out, my friend`s dad beat the shit out of the guy, and at that time, well, we hardly ever called the police.
Why am I starting this thread?
There is a new generation of kids growing up. They, like we used to do, spend their time in front our building, wacking the tennis ball (Fuck you tennis players for being new idols!!!! :biggrin1:), yelling and shouting and fighting...they do what kids do! But, I spend a lot of my time in front of my computer, writing tons of papers and sometimes translating for hours, and I need my concentration. Some of you who have seen me on cam, know that my computer is next to my window, so i can hear it all!!!
I have never said a bad word to those kids in my life, but sometimes I have to bite my tongue!!! And yesterday, an another neighbor started yelling at them making them leave, so they called him the BOGEYMAN!
Tbh, I had a different approach. I talked to my neighbor, the mother of two kids, and I have told her that her children hit the ball so hard that it sometimes hits the glass on the building`s door. That they might break it and injure themselves or someone else. I was very polite and very honest! She started yelling at me saying all kinds of shit, and she said it`s not my job to teach her how to raise her kids!!!! I gave up!
I honestly don`t know what to do.
But I ain`t gonna be called a Bogeyman! :biggrin1:
Tell me, are you one? :smile:

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Find out who is in charge of the glass on that door and tell them the problem. Or, let those kids break the glass and their mom will have to pay for new glass. That will solve it without getting you in trouble with anybody, dear Luka.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Find out who is in charge of the glass on that door and tell them the problem. Or, let those kids break the glass and their mom will have to pay for new glass. That will solve it without getting you in trouble with anybody, dear Luka.
Every building in my town has a person who is called The President, believe it or not! We even choose them! The problem is that nobody wants that job in my building, so we have the same person, who gives a shit about everything, as our president for years. Honestly, you have to deal with the tenants, and thats quite ungrateful, so I understand why nobody wants that job.
As far as the mother is concerned...ugh...i Just try to avoid her!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Bogeyman (Serb. Babaroga) is a word used for a creature that scares children. No one has ever seen him (in Serbian HER, always of female gender, derivated from baba (grandmother) and roga (archaic word for horns), but everyone is scared of him. When we were kids our parents and everyone else threatened that if we misbehaved THE BOGEYMAN WOULD COME AND TAKE US AWAY! Where? No one has ever known!
I have been living in the same building since 1989, so you could say that I have spent my childhood growing up and playing in front of my building. There were some neighbors who yelled at us, forcing us to move away from the building and go to the playground. One guy even slapped one of my friends on the face, cause he didn`t listen. A huge scandal broke out, my friend`s dad beat the shit out of the guy, and at that time, well, we hardly ever called the police.
There is a new generation of kids growing up. They, like we used to do, spend their time in front our building, wacking the tennis ball (Fuck you tennis players for being new idols!!!! :biggrin1:), yelling and shouting and fighting...they do what kids do! But, I spend a lot of my time in front of my computer, writing tons of papers and sometimes translating for hours, and I need my concentration. Some of you who have seen me on cam, know that my computer is next to my window, so i can hear it all!!!
I have never said a bad word to those kids in my life, but sometimes I have to bite my tongue!!! And yesterday, an another neighbor started yelling at them making them leave, so they called him the BOGEYMAN!
Tbh, I had a different approach. I talked to my neighbor, the mother of two kids, and I have told her that her children hit the ball so hard that it sometimes hits the glass on the building`s door. That they might break it and injure themselves or someone else. I was very polite and very honest! She started yelling at me saying all kinds of shit, and she said it`s not my job to teach her how to raise her kids!!!! I gave up!

No, the "Bogeyman" is that irresponsible mother. How do you know she's irresponsible? 1. by her reply to your complaint 2. by the behavior of her offspring. Odds are, when the grow up, they too will be the "bogeyman".

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually I do love children and don't mind if they run and yell and everything, but I know how hard it can be concentrating around playing children.
I just had to call the police myself this past Friday and my neighbours grandson. He is 14 years old, so I wouldn't call him a child anymore, and almost weekly he throws stuff on my balcony (they live above me and their balcony is right over mine) like cake, sweets, the paper of sweets, cigarettes and he also spills down Soda on my beautiful flowers. He also spits down and tries to hit me when I am outside watering my flowers.
This past Friday he was sitting on the bedroom window and spitting down and spitting down bubble gum on my window.
I called the police and asked them if I have to put up with this. They said no and send two cops over to talk to them.
Of course my neighbour completely freaked out and came down and yelled at me and cussed me out, calling me white trash and fat pig, etc etc. I simply told her that I am not the one acting all disgusting and spitting on people, so I wonder who the white trash is.
Still thinking about pressing charges against her for calling me all these names.