Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
As a regular here on the Women's Issues board I wanted to give a heads up that you might be seeing less of me over the next few weeks. I love to be an active participant in this forum because i'm such a damn good know it all.

Anyway, my 12 year old niece had a friend over for Memorial Day weekend when their family went to the lake her friend was riding her bike down a steep road when she lost control and hit her face in a tree and subsequently her head on a rock. Her friend ended up being life flighted to a nearby city where she could receive emergency surgery.

Well you ask what the hell does all this have to do with me? Well it's been a difficult couple of weeks for her family seeing her going from being an a coma to now being mostly conscious and having a rough time of it. This frontal lobe type injury makes it so difficult for the family because her personality has changed now that she is awake.

I know this little girl because i see her every weekend . I've been making visits to Tulsa to go see her and her parents as they wait anxiously at her bedside for her to slowly return to her old self. I am not sure what the future holds for her given my knowledge on frontal lobe injuries. She has a long road ahead.

Mom is not able to go home and have a decent nights sleep because she sits with her all night in the pediatric intensive care unit. She wakes up mumbling, screaming, crying, trying to pull all the tubes out of her because she is confused. I dedided the least i could do is devote a little time to sitting at her bedside over night so her mom can get some sleep and a shower.

So this might render me unable to pull up wireless internet in the PICU, but we shall see. Lasttime i stayed with someone in the hospital the boards pulled up but the chatroom did not. So those of you who are used to my presence there don't worry if you dont see me there on my usual hours.

This puts life in a whole new perspective for me, i think i'll hug my daughter a little tighter...

cjc3552

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's great that in a time of need, they have a friend like you who is willing to be there. Hope you have safe travels.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's horrible news for the little girl and her family. You're good people, Red, looking out for your loved ones.

Do what you have to do...this place will be here waiting for you when you get back.

bossfan2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a regular here on the Women's Issues board I wanted to give a heads up that you might be seeing less of me over the next few weeks. I love to be an active participant in this forum because i'm such a damn good know it all.

Anyway, my 12 year old niece had a friend over for Memorial Day weekend when their family went to the lake her friend was riding her bike down a steep road when she lost control and hit her face in a tree and subsequently her head on a rock. Her friend ended up being life flighted to a nearby city where she could receive emergency surgery.

Well you ask what the hell does all this have to do with me? Well it's been a difficult couple of weeks for her family seeing her going from being an a coma to now being mostly conscious and having a rough time of it. This frontal lobe type injury makes it so difficult for the family because her personality has changed now that she is awake.

I know this little girl because i see her every weekend . I've been making visits to Tulsa to go see her and her parents as they wait anxiously at her bedside for her to slowly return to her old self. I am not sure what the future holds for her given my knowledge on frontal lobe injuries. She has a long road ahead.

Mom is not able to go home and have a decent nights sleep because she sits with her all night in the pediatric intensive care unit. She wakes up mumbling, screaming, crying, trying to pull all the tubes out of her because she is confused. I dedided the least i could do is devote a little time to sitting at her bedside over night so her mom can get some sleep and a shower.

So this might render me unable to pull up wireless internet in the PICU, but we shall see. Lasttime i stayed with someone in the hospital the boards pulled up but the chatroom did not. So those of you who are used to my presence there don't worry if you dont see me there on my usual hours.

This puts life in a whole new perspective for me, i think i'll hug my daughter a little tighter...

Very powerful story Madame....

Good luck to this little girl...I will be thinking of her

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awww. I'll miss you MR :sad: Hope the young 'un makes a full recovery and you're back soon.